Nate Marquardt accused of bigotry

Another strawman. The product being sold was/is not the subject of the criticism. Nate was clear, his problem is with seeing men kiss.

Just own your homophobia dude, and give the mental gymnastics a rest.
"Just own it, bro"

Where exactly did I mince words and say I don't find gay hookups gross? I said specifically that I find hookups between gay guys, obese people, ugly people and senior citizens gross. I don't have an irrational fear of the elderly or obese people either because I don't care to watch their sexual escapades.

Did you follow Nate Marqardt on twitter? It seems that it's you who is seeking out things to get outraged by, and you somehow landed on a former cage fighter you didn't even follow not agreeing with your sexual preferences.

I don't care till my children are force fed those disgusting commercials. Then we have problem.

"Just own it, bro"

Where exactly did I mince words and say I don't find gay hookups gross? I said specifically that I find hookups between gay guys, obese people, ugly people and senior citizens gross. I don't have an irrational fear of the elderly or obese people either because I don't care to see watch their sexual escapades.

Did you follow Nate Marqardt on twitter? It seems that it's you who is seeking out things to get outraged by, and you somehow landed on a former cage fighter you didn't even follow not agreeing with your sexual preferences.

Ah, now I get it.

You intentionally(I assume, but maybe you are genuinely are stupid as you come across?) misinterpret points to try shift the argument to something you can defend, in place of offering an actual rebuttal.

Essentially, weaponizing stupidity.

I will leave you to it.

I don't care till my children are force fed those disgusting commercials. Then we have problem.

I suggest teaching your kids that they should be disgusted by the life choices of strangers, which will never have any impact on them, is going to have a much greater, negative effect on their lives.

Ah, now I get it.

You intentionally(I assume, but maybe you are genuinely are stupid as you come across?) misinterpret points to try shift the argument to something you can defend, in place of offering an actual rebuttal.

Essentially, weaponizing stupidity.

I will leave you to it.
Oof, how's that for a tapout?

Isn't that kind of the point? What channel can you change it to?

It's twitter. I don't even have a twitter account, so I wouldn't tweet anything anyway, but the entire thing is there for people to post opinions on random crap.

The weird part isn't that a UFC title contender from 16 years ago took 10 seconds to call a gay hookup ad gross on his personal twitter, it's that several pretty big publications felt it worthy of full articles that a UFC title contender from 2007 didn't like the gay hookup ads on the sports network.
I don't disagree with everything you say, I'm just saying me personally, I don't feel the need to tweet everything or every moment of my life. As an adult, I pick my battles and this is not a battle I care to discuss or broadcast unless someone asks me directly. I certainly think he's entitled to say what he wants, but he also has to expect some blow back.

To me the advert was more hilarious than anything - its a goddamned HIV medicine advert and your advertising that it's ok to engage in the same behavior that got you HIV in the first place, now that there is medicine for it?? I had no issue with the intimate moments all the couples shared because the concept of the medicine is to give people a chance to live a 'normal' life. I don't agree with their mixed message though, I think it's irresponsible in the end.

I suggest teaching your kids that they should be disgusted by the life choices of strangers, which will never have any impact on them, is going to have a much greater, negative effect on their lives.

It's up to the parents to raise their kids with family values, difference between good and bad and how to live long and healthy. Not up to lunatics in Disney or TV commercials. Without a family unit you don't have a society.

Seriously fuck these commercials. There's no way they are helping these companies move products. They are just another way for these weirdos to get their messaging out.

Those commercials can be wrote off as a tax deduction.
If you’re a large drug company, you can have a production company as a subsidy. Suddenly, those commercials that would cost $20k turn into a “million dollars” with some clever loophole and tax code abuse.

It's up to the parents to raise their kids with family values, difference between good and bad and how to live long and healthy. Not up to lunatics in Disney or TV commercials. Without a family unit you don't have a society.
True but all those places are injecting ideas and morales into the kids and for some kids they had shitty parents which sucks

Saying that transpeople are disgusting (not being forced to watch them kiss or whatever, but just for being) and shouldn't exist, or are evil sinners going to hell/deserving of death, on the other hand does.

The thing I don't get about people crying over being called out on their trans and homophobia is that they want to play the victim too. Just own up to being a bigot already.
See? You’ve proved my point. It’s not transphobia or homophobia to say I’m only attracted to biological men or biological women. I in no way said commercials with trans or gay couples were disgusting but already you’re trying to say I’m a bigot it homophobe.

"Just own it, bro"

Where exactly did I mince words and say I don't find gay hookups gross? I said specifically that I find hookups between gay guys, obese people, ugly people and senior citizens gross. I don't have an irrational fear of the elderly or obese people either because I don't care to watch their sexual escapades.

"it is you who is seeking out the outrage; man on the MMA forum. clearly you have no pre-existing interest in MMA related news! I'm allowed to white knight for Nate against this disgusting act, but your compassionate response is absurd!"

You'd look cute in a leotard with this routine.

I don't disagree with everything you say, I'm just saying me personally, I don't feel the need to tweet everything or every moment of my life. As an adult, I pick my battles and this is not a battle I care to discuss or broadcast unless someone asks me directly. I certainly think he's entitled to say what he wants, but he also has to expect some blow back.

To me the advert was more hilarious than anything - its a goddamned HIV medicine advert and your advertising that it's ok to engage in the same behavior that got you HIV in the first place, now that there is medicine for it?? I had no issue with the intimate moments all the couples shared because the concept of the medicine is to give people a chance to live a 'normal' life. I don't agree with their mixed message though, I think it's irresponsible in the end.
Ok, so you don't disagree with what he said, you just disagree that he said it? Your disagreement is with twitter as a platform then, on which I'm with you.

That's what makes it weird, that there's "blowback" for saying something most people agree with. The original tweet was 1 sentence saying he found the ad gross, everything else was responses to the "blowback" for asking why he can't even watch the sports network with his son without gay hookup ads.

Imo, it wouldn't make it appropriate if the ad was for straight guys telling them to go out and have ill advised hookups with randos at the club, but straight guys and women aren't the target audience for AIDS pills.

Ok, so you don't disagree with what he said, you just disagree that he said it? Your disagreement is with twitter as a platform then, on which I'm with you.

That's what makes it weird, that there's "blowback" for saying something most people agree with. The original tweet was 1 sentence saying he found the ad gross, everything else was responses to the "blowback" for asking why he can't even watch the sports network with his son without gay hookup ads.

Imo, it wouldn't make it appropriate if the ad was for straight guys telling them to go out and have ill advised hookups with randos at the club, but straight guys and women aren't the target audience for AIDS pills.

Yep personally I find it gross and I don't think it's wrong to have that opinion because I'm not gay, bi or sexually attracted to men or manly women. And yes to twitter as a platform.

I also agree that an advert for straight people using the same style would also have been inappropriate.

Yes and no.
Are there lots of straight males grossed out by this?
Yes, but only the garbage bin bigots like you. Though there are a lot of you.

Are you seriously still confused why heterosexual men might be turned off by two dudes kissing? Not wanting to see that is part of what makes us heterosexual. Being turned off by that in no way shape or form makes us bigots.

Good grief.

I'm grossed out by two dude kissing.

I'm grossed out by two bull dykes kissing.

I'm not grossed out by two hot chicks kissing, because they're hot. And because I'm attracted to hot chicks.

I don't find dudes attractive or bull dykes for that matter either.

None of these scenarios are something I particularly need to see on TV. But at the same time, I'm not the type to tweet about it, I'll just roll my eyes, change the channel, and move on with life.

Exactly. And none of that makes you (or anyone else) a bigot.

Never have any impact on them? Tell that to the tech companies who force gay pride events down employee's throats <{outtahere}>

Exactly. And none of that makes you (or anyone else) a bigot.
That's all I'm saying too. I've been to gay bars (with women). And do I have a right to feel disgusted in them, no I'm choosing to go there as an adult. I went to one in West Hollywood and the bouncer tickled the palm of my hand when he took my ID, did I get mad, no, I laughed about it. All I'm saying is it's ridiculous for people to not pretend it's not being shoved down society's throats via workplaces, ads, events. If I go to a hockey game it's to watch hockey not to be taught about trans freaks and celebrate gay <{outtahere}>

Couldn't agree more, but is teaching them that a subset of society is wrong/disgusting/evil by default a positive thing?

What if one of your kids are gay? Personally I'd want my kid to know that whatever their orientation turns out to be, that I'd be cool with it.

Back