Rumored Ila Topuria vs Korean Zombie targeted to headline UFC Seoul in Korea, Apr. 29

Who wins?

• Total voters
I don't understand these 'TKZ is getting murdered' comments. TKZ is a Jack of all trades and I haven't seen anything from Ilia that indicates he is better than Zombie. I expect this to be a very competitive fight.

That's a wild statement. Topuria will have the clear advantage in every phase of the fight.

Return of the living Dead is a classic man. You're either really old or really cool. If you're a Romero fan have you ever seen Martin?
I have an entire rant on comparing the return series vs the romero series that I think is quite fun, but probably better served verbally. And I ain't that old, so, hey good news for me!

I feel like I may have heard the title Wampyr before, but other than that, no bells. I'm a bit more general horror-buff than any specificity (though I do love a good werewolf film, few and far between they may be, probably one of the most popularly done-wrong frights over the ages). But I'll definitely give it a go when I can find time for myself anymore.

But to stay on topic slightly, just so this don't get moved or deleted. The time of zombies may be a bit past it's welcome, but who knows, they do tend to come in waves, so maybe TKZ can pull something out here.

Who even knows how this fight came to fruition. KZ could’ve very well asked for the best possible fight to spark a final title run. War Zombie and don’t forget he has won a lot of fights that people completely counted him out of! Hominick, Porier, Moicano, Edgar…. We’re all heavy favorites.

Return of the living Dead is a classic man. You're either really old or really cool. If you're a Romero fan have you ever seen Martin?
There were people on dedicated horror forums who didn’t know about Martin. I’m sort of impressed.
<mma4>

I can only assume Sean Shelby's wife made a comment about how she thought KZ was cute

I'm a fan of both. I don't want Zombie to go out like this.

Korean Zombie deserves a better fight for winding his career down. I suppose this fixes rankings better, but after getting destroyed he should of taken an easier fight.

There were people on dedicated horror forums who didn’t know about Martin. I’m sort of impressed.
<mma4>

Oh, I know a lot about the moving pictures. I don't do a great job staying super current though.

michael-scott-the-office.gif

Never asks for an easy fight or tries to find an easy way out. GOAT.

I Love KZ, but his best martial times are behind him. I would prefer he was matched up with fellow elder statesmen instead of being used as a stepping stone. Topuria wins, but the UFC will keep KZ in the rankings (like they did with Tony Ferguson) and give him the Sexyama treatment, until he's all used up (unless he retires soon).

The thing is, when they have an event in certain places. They usually give the hometown guy a winnable fight.

Having korean zombie get smashed and brutally ko’d is just dumb. Bet on ilia to steam roll him in the 1st
if they are young yes, if they are older they will use you to sell tickets like they have with lewis

Fight is great. People are complaining but shouldn't be. There is always someone going on about how new prospects can't get big fights, well here you go. KZ is #6 and just fought for the title and Ilia is #9 ready to make his move into the top of the division. One guy needs to prove he still belongs near the top and the other needs to prove he is a top FW. Very good fight.

And this fight may be closer than people expect. KZ got beaten pretty bad by Volk, but that's Volk. Prior to that he pretty clearly beat Ige 49-46. Ilia is open to getting hit, even in his last fight Bryce tagged him pretty good. KZ is precise, has power and has the reach and range.

Clearly they are building up Topuria and spoon feeding him a guy who has no business being ranked 6. Put him in w Giga.

Why do they always fucking feed someone's corpse to surging contenders? It's so unsatisfying

I don't want to see KZ get beat up anymore that Volk thrashing was pretty bad..

Historically, Zombie has done well against stocky boxer types who enter straight in the pocket like Ige, Edgar, Bermudez etc

You're really gonna call those guys "boxers" in the same way as Topuria is?
Fucking Edgar? Compared to Topuria?

Lol terrible matchmaking. Korean zombie is done and they put him up against a young killer like ilia.

u can kiss korean mma goodbye
Agreed, this is messed up. Hope they change it but they can’t, South Korea already gonna get behind it probably.

topuria gonna destroy him

Back