***Official*** Sherdog UFC 285 Prediction Thread w/ Chance to win a Sherdog Platinum Membership(s)

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
Huge event this weekend boys and girls!!! The Sherdog Staff would like to invite you all to compete in our sitewide Pick 'Em Contest for UFC 285 ' Jones vs Gane' .

Post your FULL FIGHT CARD RESULTS here, Tapology is welcome and suggested but not required to compete. In the case of ties, the tiebreaker will be determined by perfect fight picks, finishes will outweigh decisions. The winner (or winners), depending on the contest turnout, will win a Sherdog Platinum Membership, UNLIMITED LIKES... :) If you already have a membership, don't worry, something special is in the works.

And if you get the UNICORN (perfect card), well... that person will go down with... Me and my Boys, Got tapped by 115lb girl, Met BJ at the Airport, I met Frank Mir today (Uber TS), you get what I'm saying...

Picks will not be accepted once UFC 285 ' Jones vs Gane ' starts of ESPN+ on Saturday March 4th at 5:30 pm Eastern.

94418-3283668.png

*Reserved.

Last edited:
First Tap card in here

Lets see if I can do better than my under .500 record last competition. I didn't even go crazy picking underdogs, I was just really bad

94418-3280022.png

Some what look to be mismatches stylistically in the middle of the card. Just Bleed God should be feasting

Huge event this weekend boys and girls!!! The Sherdog Staff would like to invite you all to compete in our sitewide Pick 'Em Contest for UFC 285 ' Jones vs Gane' .

Post your FULL FIGHT CARD RESULTS here, Tapology is welcome and suggested but not required to compete. In the case of ties, the tiebreaker will be determined by perfect fight picks, finishes will outweigh decisions. The winner (or winners), depending on the contest turnout, will win a Sherdog Platinum Membership, UNLIMITED LIKES... :) If you already have a membership, don't worry, something special is in the works.

And if you get the UNICORN (perfect card), well... that person will go down with... Me and my Boys, Got tapped by 115lb girl, Met BJ at the Airport, I met Frank Mir today (Uber TS), you get what I'm saying...

Picks will not be accepted once UFC 285 ' Jones vs Gane ' starts of ESPN+ on Saturday March 4th at 5:30 pm Eastern.
Here goes nothing! :)

94418-3280318.png

By the way, Thanks for the opportunity and fun!
It's been more than a decade you guys been doing it for me (helping find other likeminded people to debate about our beloved sport!!!... er.... not so likeminded in some cases..:)).
You guys rock!!?1?<Moves>

Here goes nothing! :)

94418-3280318.png

By the way, Thanks for the opportunity and fun!
It's been more than a decade you guys been doing it for me (helping find other likeminded people to debate about our beloved sport!!!... er.... not so likeminded in some cases..:)).
You guys rock!!?1?<Moves>

Hey Shaddows same here. There’s sure to be some great fights and controversies. I enjoy being along for the wild ride.

What? I mean it is fighting so everything can happen but I am sure Shev, Bo, Shavkat, Trevin, Saiiman and Basharat will win. I think Gane should win too. Rest is 50/50. Overall great card.
I think you're a little to confident in those picks, but I see where you're coming from.
That's kind of the point I was trying to emphasize. Most of these guys are good and very marketable and would usually get favorable matchups.
But these matchups are unusally hard for these DWP principles. Val and Bo aside.
- Shavkat is good but so is Neal. He might be the best striker at WW after Leon and Wonderboy.
- Trevin is 13-9. Cody's chin is gone, but besides that he's not terrible. He can knock out anybody, and he's good enough to keep the fight on the feet. 5050
- Saaiman is an obvious hypetrain candidate, but his opponent is better than someone like him might usually face at this stage.
- Du Plessis fighting Brunson. Come on man. UFC is not even trying to hide that they push the good guys with good contracts super hard at this point.
- Ian Garry. Clear hypetrain, could've still gotten a buildup fight, Kenan is legit.
- Basharat. Graet prospect. Could've gotten a favorable matchup, but instead he's fighting a guy who just like himself, rides a solid winning streak and collects RNC finishes.
- Ribovics. Riding a round 1 knockout streak over 4 fights. Doesn't get a welcome match. Fights an experienced guy who hasn't been finished in his 21 fight deep career.

Back