UFC 285: Jones vs. Gane

"Jones will just wrestle him".

Jon's last 2 fights both went the full 25. He got TWO total TD's combined in those 50 minutes of fight time. Half of those were vs a guy on one leg.

But we should just assume because Ngannou hit a couple TD's on Gane that Jones is gonna wrestle-fuck him?

Hmm...

FqLIAxdaEAEzYTT

Just looks the same with bigger arms and a lot fatter lol.

Jamahal Downhill

2023 and people still lose money betting against Jon Jones.

Maybe yes, maybe no. Maybe 2023 Jones isn't the same as 2013 Jones. Father time is even more undefeated than Jones.

Either way I'm happy to back the underdog on this fight. Worst case scenario I see this as a 50-50 fight considering Jones Wrestling advantage.

Gane up to 2,45,this shit is crazy,if Jones lacked motivation three years ago,he would at least get more motivated after nearly losing to Santos,but he still looked bad against Reyes.He's simply not as explosive as he's used to be,he's takedowns ain't that good anymore.Gane was surprised against Francis,against Francis you're worried cause if he touches you you fall down,nobody was thinking about Francis shooting.Gane has the speed,good size and footwork to keep it at distance and he has by a mile better hands than Jones.Gane should be -200 here,not gonna advocate for him anymore,just pour more into Jones,I'll be happy to add on Cyril

I think they're ones where they're slightly undervalued but should still be in the 3.5-4 range and I'm not betting on someone to win who I think is in that range just because they're in the 5-6 range.
Yea I don't think either of them will win, I just think they have a better chance then the odds indicate.

If you divided the entire division into 5ths, he'd easily be in the "good" section. If there's one aspect of this sport I know, it's grappling. Ferreira is way, WAY above average. No, he's not Islam or Dariush but he's very good.

Watch the fits Ferreira gave Beneil with his scrambling. There's absolutely no way you can say he's not a very good grappler.

I remember the grappling between Ferreira and Beneil being close but could be wrong

Edit: was close, beneil controlled him but could not pass his guard, Ferreira also possibly won the grappling in round 3

Last edited:
Although a wrestler with a very good base should be able to shut that down like Sabatello did.

I'm not sure if Farid is really that though. He's just been out-grappling European cans in his fights. It's not someone like Mokaev coming over as a credentialed wrestler with tons of fights behind him. I don't think we have enough on him to say he won't bust at the UFC level.

Blackshear is a wrestler and BJJ black belt with some pretty high-level experience. I think it's the better bet, especially with these lines.

I'm not sure if Farid is really that though. He's just been out-grappling European cans in his fights. It's not someone like Mokaev coming over as a credentialed wrestler with tons of fights behind him. I don't think we have enough on him to say he won't bust at the UFC level.

Blackshear is a wrestler and BJJ black belt with some pretty high-level experience. I think it's the better bet, especially with these lines.
Damon also kickboxing experience

Probably going to play Gamrot as well. Turner doesn’t have a clear path to victory. Turner and Gamrot are light years apart on the ground. Jalin Turner isnt that impressive

Jalin destroying a short notice Gamrot is the easiest money on this card

Jalin destroying a short notice Gamrot is the easiest money on this card

You think a +180 dog is the easiest $ on the card?? Are you playing like half your bankroll on it??

How tough are the janitors in Argentina?

Loik -250 ehhhhhhg.... wonder if I should take a stab at ITD.

You think Jones last 2 fights were due to him physically declining or mentally/uninterested? Normally I wouldn't read too much into that but Jones is notorious for not training hard/partying/not taking serious. There was rumors he was uninterested years back, and now its pretty much confirmed he didn't train for gus 1 or bader fight at all. to me its hard to say thats why I'm staying away

I like:
-Garry over Kenan
-Du Plessis over Brunson
-Nickal over Pickett
-Turner over Gamrot
-Shavkat over Neal
-Shevchenko over Grasso
-Gane over Jones

Some of those I favor more than others obviously.

Gane up to 2,45,this shit is crazy,if Jones lacked motivation three years ago,he would at least get more motivated after nearly losing to Santos,but he still looked bad against Reyes.He's simply not as explosive as he's used to be,he's takedowns ain't that good anymore.Gane was surprised against Francis,against Francis you're worried cause if he touches you you fall down,nobody was thinking about Francis shooting.Gane has the speed,good size and footwork to keep it at distance and he has by a mile better hands than Jones.Gane should be -200 here,not gonna advocate for him anymore,just pour more into Jones,I'll be happy to add on Cyril

I kind of agree, this is getting crazy.
I think Jones if the GOAT, but still...
- moving UP a weightclass, his very first fight at HW
- hasn't fought in THREE YEARS
- he looked pretty bad in the last three fights before
- his opponent is one of the most (or THE most) skilled HW striker of all time

These odds are a further testament of his GOATness, BUT... there are too many risks to make him such a big favorite. I believe Gane is the play here.

Back