Jon’s weight was, um, unimpressive

TX Fighter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
How much “muscle” did Jones actually put on?

I would have guessed he previously walked around at 230lbs or so. And he weighed in at 248lbs, so he added 18lbs or so.

But that weight looked mostly in his gut and ass, as he said himself when he was with Bisping and others after the weigh in.

A year or two ago, I remember something like he put on 30lbs of muscle in 6 months. And he looked jack.

What happened? It looked like he just got “fat”, not jacked. Didn’t look like a lot of muscle was actually added.

I would have guessed he previously walked around at 230lbs or so. And he weighed in at 248lbs, so he added 18lbs or so.

But that weight looked mostly in his gut and ass, as he said himself when he was with Bisping and others after the weigh in.

A year or two ago, I remember something like he put on 30lbs of muscle in 6 months. And he looked jack.

What happened? It looked like he just got “fat”, not jacked. Didn’t look like a lot of muscle was actually added.
He is not fat but soft,building muscle is one thing and getting tight is another thing..ıts easy tip to be tight too bad even those kinda high level sports guys dont know it

Last edited:
sddefault.jpg

Given the fact how long he was absent Its doubtful the excuse he had to "gain" lots of weight holds. Id imagine more he had to lose weight and gain muscle. By the looks of it he only lost some fat and thats it, no muscle to speak of, his biceps or pecs looked like he didnt lift a single weight in all that time. While not a particularly significant muscles in MMa it speaks to what he was up to IMO.

He is fat but soft,building muscle is one thing and getting tight is another thing..ıts easy tip to be tight too bad even those kinda high level sports guys dont know it
His body fat % doubled.

im sure he got stronger, but damn. There was one point where it looked like he packed on 10-20lbs of muscle.

now, looked like he “retired” and ate pizza

Given the fact how long he was absent Its doubtful the excuse he had to "gain" lots of weight holds. Id imagine more he had to lose weight and gain muscle. By the looks of it he only lost some fat and thats it, no muscle to speak of, his biceps or pecs looked like he didnt lift a single weight in all that time. While its not a particularly significant muscle in MMa it speaks to what he was up to IMO.
Yep. Dude looked like he came out of retirement on short notice for a check.

He admitted drinking water to add weight for the weigh in as he wanted to match Game's weight

He didn't train for hypertrophy - see any of his trading videos.

Well when you are used to seeing a fighter in his real weight class, with a low but not too low fat percentage like Jones, it is normal that seeing him in a higher weight class is half a shock.

Even Volkanovski, who is a splinter in FW, gained muscle in LW but also lost definition and looks softer.

Then let's not forget that Jones is 35 years old, not 21 or 25. The physique and metabolism react in a different way 10 years before or after.

Well when you are used to seeing a fighter in his real weight class, with a low but not too low fat percentage like Jones, it is normal that seeing him in a higher weight class is half a shock.

Even Volkanovski, who is a splinter in FW, gained muscle in LW but also lost definition and looks softer.

Then let's not forget that Jones is 35 years old, not 21 or 25. The physique and metabolism react in a different way 10 years before or after.

true.

it’s just that Jones has been saying he wanted to put on weight for this fight. And for a while, he was putting on muscle. Looks like all that muscle disappeared.

I know it’s hard to put on muscle as you age. But not impossible. I added about 20lbs of muscle approaching 40. Now in my forties, I am more jacked than ever.

he had time and being 35 doesnt prevent him from gaining muscle especially being a lifetime athlete with lots of muscle memory.

If he wins looking like that relying mosting on talent and possibly cardio, hoping Gane's muscles drain his cardio faster, then the dude really is the GOAT.

he had time and being 35 doesnt prevent him from gaining muscle especially being a lifetime athlete with lots of muscle memory.

If he wins looking like that relying mosting on talent and possibly cardio, hoping Gane's muscles drain his cardio faster, then the dude really is the GOAT.
True dat.
If he dominates while looking like this with 3 years of rust. No longer hating on him.

He looked much more muscular last year when he was actually on his suspension. Cutting off them roids ain’t no joke he clearly doesn’t cycle well it’s like he’s retained none of the muscle he put on.

He looked much more muscular last year when he was actually on his suspension. Cutting off them roids ain’t no joke he clearly doesn’t cycle well it’s like he’s retained none of the muscle he put on.
Do you really believe he cut off the roids?

Back