Bald Goof: Jon Jones would have beat Francis Ngannou 'exactly' like he did Ciryl Gane

C0NCH3TO

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2023/03/ufc-285-dana-white-jon-jones-vs-francis-ngannou-ciryl-gane

“I tried to make that fight for two years, and let me tell you what. I think a lot of other people feel this way. I think that’s exactly the way the fight would’ve gone if (Ngannou) was in there, too. Him and Ciryl had a five-round war (at UFC 270 in January 2022). If Ciryl doesn’t go for that submission, Ciryl probably wins that fight at the end of the fifth round there.”

Disagree with the bald goof. Styles make fights and mmath is worth a turd. There is no guarantee that Jones would have disposed of Ngannou easily. We will never know what would have happened.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2023/03/ufc-285-dana-white-jon-jones-vs-francis-ngannou-ciryl-gane

“I tried to make that fight for two years, and let me tell you what. I think a lot of other people feel this way. I think that’s exactly the way the fight would’ve gone if (Ngannou) was in there, too. Him and Ciryl had a five-round war (at UFC 270 in January 2022). If Ciryl doesn’t go for that submission, Ciryl probably wins that fight at the end of the fifth round there.”

Disagree with the bald goof. Styles make fights and mmath is worth a turd. There is no guarantee that Jones would have disposed of Ngannou easily. We will never know what would have happened.
It's good to hear Dana's unbiased opinion.

Ngannou always has a chance early.
rozenstruik-ufc.gif

Absolutely not, especially the more calculated version of Francis. Jones would be a fool to wade in on frank like he did gane. Cyril gave him zero reason to back up, I seriously doubt Jones just walks him down in similar fashion

Having said that, Jones would take home a comfortable UD via cardio and better fight IQ and a more consistent offensive attack he will rely on in the later rounds.

I really truly believed Gane was the harder matchup if Jonny kickboxer showed up. If he used his wrestling it could obviously pose issues for both potentially.

I thought Jon would have a much easier time navigating power than he would technique. He would wear Francis down easier and pick him apart but Gane would use range and mixed attacks much better over the entire 5 rounds.

Francis might be stronger physically but I think he would eventually get worn down and probably a similar result, but not the exact.

I basically thought Gane had the best path to victory on the feet. Francis obviously catching him early. I thought Gane had a chance to win a decision and Francis didn’t.

Kind of like DC and Rumble. I felt like Rumble could catch Jon but if he didn’t he was losing. I thought DC could possibly win a decision with his grappling.

I just felt like Gane and DC had an area they could win a decision skill vs skill and NNN and Rumble needed to deliver power early.

He can saying anything he wants now can't he?
He bans the guy from coming back and now wants to talk shit.
Oh Dana, you'll never change you P.O.S smfh.

Back