Media Alex Pereira meets Badr Hari

Who wins if they were to fight (open weight) ?

• Total voters
I'm still surprised kickboxing isn't bigger, with small gloves and a few rule tweaks I could really see it as being the most exciting combat sport. We just need a good US promotion to get us to know the fighters.

Idk it is hard. I imagine that boxing is incredibly difficult to compete against in the USA.

Well, GLORY actually planned to return to USA, right before the COVID-pandemic.
I don’t know if they’re still looking to do a US-based event in the future, but I hope they do (I don’t see why they won’t try that).
Would be cool!

Do you think there’s fan appeal for GLORY Kickboxing in America? In a way where they can sell out venue’s like MSG, MGM, T-Mobile Arena, etc.?
When there’s a very stacked card in the Netherlands featuring names like Badr Hari, Rico Verhoeven, Jamal Ben Saddik, Alistair Overeem, Gökhan Saki, Antonio Plazibat, Tyjani Beztati, Hamicha, Petch, etc. they sell out football-stadium like Gelredome, with a 30k+ capacity

I would be very surprised if Jamal and Badr can travel to the USA

Hari didnt look that great against UbeREEM but thats what happens when one guys roided and the other is not,Jones fans!

he's still a dangerous guy who can end the fight w one punch,and he is alot bigger than POATAN

Badr Hari hasn't won a fight in 7 1/2 years (except I think one 5 years ago that was changed to NC after he failed the PED test). He was really something at one point but that's long past. I'm amazed anyone cares about the dude anymore, frankly. He is one of those guys who will find a way to lose no matter the situation. I would take anyone over him.

Prime Badr was juiced like Reem. Badr wins easy. He was also the most aggressive fighter at the highest level I have ever seen.
images

Well, it looks like Badr is in a very weird place right now, where he can literally beat everyone on the world, and get defeated himself at any given moment in the fight.
Hari is still as game and dangerous as they come, however his ability to take damage declined and isn’t the best anymore.

On a good day he’s still able to beat everybody imo.
Look at his fights with Rico Verhoeven and Arek Wrzosek.
He was beating their asses until he eventually got injured (Rico fight) or knocked out because he lost composure and hunted the finish too much (Arek fight).
At some point in both fights Badr smelled blood and went into killmode, resulting in him getting KO’d/injured and therefore losing the fight.

Take a look at both fights if you want

Badr Hari vs Rico Verhoeven (2) full fight:

Highlights of the Rico fight:

Badr Hari vs Arek Wrzosek (1) full fight:

Highlights of the Arek fight:

Badr looked fast and explosive against Rico and had an aggressive approach with some nice level changes in his punch selection.
He also made sure Rico didn’t fight his own game and forced him to get into somewhat of a firefight with Badr.
Badr ate quite some big shots from Rico that didn’t seem to bother him that much aswell.

Badr had a good gameplan against Arek (going to the body) that he sticked to throughout the fight and he looked more calm and composed in his approach than we’ve seen him in recent years, resulting in him scoring 3 knockdowns, looking very dominant and in total control of the fight (until that legendary comeback-KO ofcourse).

Also, Arek Wrzosek earned a ton of respect from me that night, for not giving up and continue fighting where 99% would’ve stopped.
Therefore I’m a fan now:D

quite impressive taking into account that Badr is 10 years away from his prime. he had all the skills to be undisputed best ever except for correct midset

quite impressive taking into account that Badr is 10 years away from his prime. he had all the skills to be undisputed best ever except for correct midset
His style does leave him open. He's really at his best when he picks his shots,but he just loves to charge into the fire to deal out heavy damage,and gets caught often.

Last edited:
His style does leave him open. He's really at his best when he picks his shots,but he just loves to charge into the fire to deal out heavy damage,and gets caught often.
Yeah, Badr fought very calculated in the first Arek fight and looked fantastic to the point he got 3 knockdowns in, and then went for the finish maybe a little too hard and got caught with that sneaky fast highkick

Reactions: HHJ
Do you think there’s fan appeal for GLORY Kickboxing in America? In a way where they can sell out venue’s like MSG, MGM, T-Mobile Arena, etc.?
When there’s a very stacked card in the Netherlands featuring names like Badr Hari, Rico Verhoeven, Jamal Ben Saddik, Alistair Overeem, Gökhan Saki, Antonio Plazibat, Tyjani Beztati, Hamicha, Petch, etc. they sell out football-stadium like Gelredome, with a 30k+ capacity

Ummmm, no. Kickboxing doesn't exist in America. Pickleball has a much larger audience and potential to hold an event in a major arena. Glory wouldn't come close to selling out a medium sized high school basketball arena here.

Still haven’t been to the US, it’s a place I want to visit for sure:cool:

Dang, I haven't experienced UFC outside of the US, but I can't imagine it matching the experience of attending in the Mecca of Las Vegas. Jon Jones as my witness, in Vegas being inside the cage is a safe zone compared to the debauchery you find before and after.

Ummmm, no. Kickboxing doesn't exist in America. Pickleball has a much larger audience and potential to hold an event in a major arena. Glory wouldn't come close to selling out a medium sized high school basketball arena here.
Well, GLORY has done quite some events in the USA, in venues like the Wintrust Arena etc.
One time Mike Tyson was there to hand over Rico Verhoeven the belt after defending his title against Errol Zimmerman. Joe Rogan also attended the event.
But like you’re saying, they never really broke through in the USA. Anyone may guess why, because most of the times kickboxing is nonstop all-action. It’s probably because the sport lacks American stars, though it looks like GLORY and their fighters gained quite some interest from the American audience the last few years. Don’t you think if they try it again, they would find much more succes this time around?
Dang, I haven't experienced UFC outside of the US, but I can't imagine it matching the experience of attending in the Mecca of Las Vegas. Jon Jones as my witness, in Vegas being inside the cage is a safe zone compared to the debauchery you find before and after.
I can tell you European events are amazing too! But I still want to go to the USA atleast one time, that’s for sure. And I’m definitely attending a big card if I get the chance:D
Something like IFW in July would be awesome!

Last edited:
Reactions: HHJ
Yeah I know, lol.
Imagine if Poatan was still around in GLORY. Many exciting matchups still to make! Obviously the Artem Vakhitov trilogy is there, and lots of other super interesting matchups at LHW too, that division is wide open. Seeing Pereira try out heavyweight would be super cool and the idea of having him in the December Grand Prix excites me a lot, and then there’re even one or two matchups at MW for Alex I still would love to see (the division has a young new champion and clear #1 contender)

I would definitely want to see a trilogy against Vakhitov. Definitely one of the most exciting fighters in the Glory ring ever if you ask me. LHW is getting more and more interesting with some heavyweights going down to LHW and I think that would suit Pereira well. To be honest, I have never even thought about putting Pereira in the tournament, but that would be super cool. He just needs to gain at least 20 kg's, but that would not be a problem<45>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Víctor Hugo Teco
Back