Rumored To no surprise Jons retirement fight will be against Stipe

Would Bones’ HW-run be a success if he was to retire after defending against Stipe?

• Total voters
haha.gif

Jones didn't look good to me against Gane. I think Gane's grappling is just that terrible.

If Stipe isn't much slower than Jones at heavyweight, I mean by that, if Stipe can keep up with Jone's speed, I got 40 some year old Stipe to beat Jones, unless Jones is somewhat close to his prime self. I don't think he is or would be.

haha.gif

Jones didn't look good to me against Gane. I think Gane's grappling is just that terrible.

If Stipe isn't much slower than Jones at heavyweight, I mean by that, if Stipe can keep up with Jone's speed, I got 40 some year old Stipe to beat Jones, unless Jones is somewhat close to his prime self. I don't think he is or would be.

Nothing happened in that fight except for the takedown and finish. It barely lasted 2 minutes.

I don't know how you figure he looked bad when it was finished so quickly.

They can't make people fight. Jorge retired and had a similar contract. The point of these larger contracts for aging stars is to ensure that they DO retire--not jump ship and transfer value to competing organizations.
Unless the UFC thinks they aren't worth much.

If he wants to leave HW before Alex gets there and takes the title fine by me

First 3 weight champ incoming

haha.gif

Is this for real?

Jones beat Gane in under three minutes

Nothing happened in that fight except for the takedown and finish. It barely lasted 2 minutes.

I don't know how you figure he looked bad when it was finished so quickly.

Maybe he's good, just my opinion based on a little what we saw and how he looked hitting mitts and stuff in available training vids in a lead up for the fight.

I got Stipe in this one if that was Jones at his best and if their speed is comparable at heavyweight.

Hopefully both Jones and Stipe will retire after their fight and then we can get the HW division moving again.

The past 5-6 years the HW belt has been tied up with Stipe & DC rematches, Ngannou negotiations, and now Jones retirement tour. Meanwhile guys like Pavlovich, Blaydes, Volkov and others couldnt sniff a title shot. A whole generation of the HW division wasted.

Back