News Max Holloway is willing to fight at Lightweight again

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm glad they ask him this and that he said yes

Because I've been saying this for a while now, he would have so many fun fights at LW and with the right way, bulking up and stuff he can gain more power, he already has an iron chin, crazy good cardio, etc, so imagine him with more power...

When he fought Poirier for the title at LW he didn't even bulk up and yet again he had his moments, took everything Poirier had and went 5 rounds.

And he is not scared of anybody, he was going to fight Khabib at some point + he has a win over Oliveira who was just a champion and was beating everybody.

Minute 5:40

He needs to chill because if Volk beats Yair, chances are we're looking at Max vs Topuria/Emmett for the vacant belt. I don't see Volk staying at 145 when he has legacy fights at 155. Be it against DP, Gaethje, or Oliveira before fighting Islam again.

*Reposting this here cause it fits here as well, fight me.

Max in a tough spot at FW unless Volk moves up to LW permanently and vacates or losses (which is not very likely and would probably get an instant rematch if he did anyway) he's not sniffing another title shot. Not even sure how they will book him moving forward he's pretty much just doing Volks dirty work at this point by knocking off contenders.

Look at what Dustin did to Pettis, Eddie, Gaethje, Conor and Chandler.

Then look at how competitive Max fought him while he didnt even put on weight or muscle properly since he was gonna drop back down to 145. Max ate Dustins shots for 5 rounds and was outstriking him late. If Max moves up it has to be permanent IMO.

Max moving to LW could be good. But Volk could move there as well. Kind of like Frankie moving to BW and then Aldo suddenly is a BW. Frankie waited too long but even if he had success he would still have had to have Aldo fail as well.

Look at what Dustin did to Pettis, Eddie, Gaethje, Conor and Chandler.

Then look at how competitive Max fought him while he didnt even put on weight or muscle properly since he was gonna drop back down to 145. Max ate Dustins shots for 5 rounds and was outstriking him late. If Max moves up it has to be permanent IMO.

"Adding muscle" does nothing for Holloway.

Holloway has no real power; his effectiveness relies on speed, elusiveness, slipperiness, footwork, and high-volume pressure.

"Adding muscle" will subtract these great traits of Holloway, not enhance his power.

If Yair Rodriguez beats Volk that's the fight I want to see: a rematch for the title.

It was a hell of a fight the first time.

Max moving to LW could be good. But Volk could move there as well.

Volk should try to get more title defenses than José Aldo so the he could claim the FW GOAT title

And if Volk and Holloway both go to LW I don't think that would be a problem for Holloway, I know Volk almost beat Islam, but reality is that he lost oficially and I don't see Volk beating guys like Gaethje, Chandler, Poirier, Oliveira, etc....

Volk should focus at FW at the moment and break the title defenses record

Too much power for Holloway at LW. It's just incredibly unfortunate that Max fights in the Volkanovski era. Otherwise, Holloway has numerous title defenses.

Not sure he can get the belt at 155 but he’s kinda stuck at 145 until Volk loses. He’d probably be in a title eliminator immediately at Lightweight whereas he’s gonna have to do a lot to get a 4th crack at Volk.

He should fight Justin, or Beneil. Also curious if O'Malley would move up to 145 for a money fight with Max. That would be interesting

For those who couldn't be fucked to watch the interview - not moving up, open for it with the right offer..

Max is an atg fighter.. he will thrive either way with a dedicated decision.. would be fun to see him at lw..

Back