News Max Holloway is willing to fight at Lightweight again

Not sure he can get the belt at 155 but he’s kinda stuck at 145 until Volk loses. He’d probably be in a title eliminator immediately at Lightweight whereas he’s gonna have to do a lot to get a 4th crack at Volk.

I'd watch the fuck out of Max Vs Gaethje/Chandler....

This should be the next move for Holloway.
He has so many options at LW.

a move to lightweight might be just the thing he needs to respark his career

He won't do well there but the FW division will be happy about this.

Rematch vs Charles.

He got the length but vs DP he seriously lacked power at LW.

Gonna be mean and say he gotta bully smaller guys at 145 to be great.

Between Volk and Holloway, I'd rather see Holloway move up and Volk stay put. Holloway looked incredible last night. His brain seemed well rested. He also happened to look huge next to Allan.

Look at what Dustin did to Pettis, Eddie, Gaethje, Conor and Chandler.

Then look at how competitive Max fought him while he didnt even put on weight or muscle properly since he was gonna drop back down to 145. Max ate Dustins shots for 5 rounds and was outstriking him late. If Max moves up it has to be permanent IMO.
Hmm you're right. Plus Dustin probably the hardest hitter up there. (Justin tanker Chandler's shots. Dustin finished Chandler. Same principle applies to Eddie too.)
Yeh he should give LW another try imo

I'm only interested in max at LW if he takes it seriously and starts eating and hitting the gym.

Should offer Holloway a nice paycheck to take that Dariush fight at 288, that card fucking sucks and is one injury away from being a shitty FN apex card.

Holloway wins, he inserts himself into the LW title picture, if he loses it’s kind of an “oh well” and back to FW.

I'm glad they ask him this and that he said yes

Because I've been saying this for a while now, he would have so many fun fights at LW and with the right way, bulking up and stuff he can gain more power, he already has an iron chin, crazy good cardio, etc, so imagine him with more power...

When he fought Poirier for the title at LW he didn't even bulk up and yet again he had his moments, took everything Poirier had and went 5 rounds.

And he is not scared of anybody, he was going to fight Khabib at some point + he has a win over Oliveira who was just a champion and was beating everybody.

Minute 5:40

So i'll start this by saying I have no doubt Max is willing to go up in weight again. I think when he talks to management, they will advise him to stay at 145. That's by far the best option of his career. It's important for fighters to have good management and have people around them that really care. I don't want to see Max's career end up like BJ or Frankie at the end. It's too bad Cormier retired. We missed out on the DMP title (Daddest Man on the Planet).

So i'll start this by saying I have no doubt Max is willing to go up in weight again. I think when he talks to management, they will advise him to stay at 145. That's by far the best option of his career. It's important for fighters to have good management and have people around them that really care. I don't want to see Max's career end up like BJ or Frankie at the end. It's too bad Cormier retired. We missed out on the DMP title (Daddest Man on the Planet).

Definitely doesn't need to do it. Is it worth the brain damage? I think his legacy is secure for most. I'd watch (obviously) but I wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't move up, honestly.

"Adding muscle" does nothing for Holloway.

Holloway has no real power; his effectiveness relies on speed, elusiveness, slipperiness, footwork, and high-volume pressure.

"Adding muscle" will subtract these great traits of Holloway, not enhance his power.

If Yair Rodriguez beats Volk that's the fight I want to see: a rematch for the title.

It was a hell of a fight the first time.
Spoken like someone who has never boxed or fought. You don’t think he could add ~5-7 lbs of muscle overall and be stronger and hit a little harder? That’s a wild take.

"Adding muscle" does nothing for Holloway.

Holloway has no real power; his effectiveness relies on speed, elusiveness, slipperiness, footwork, and high-volume pressure.

"Adding muscle" will subtract these great traits of Holloway, not enhance his power.

If Yair Rodriguez beats Volk that's the fight I want to see: a rematch for the title.

It was a hell of a fight the first time.
well you wont because volk will get a rematch anyways so yair will have to beat alex twice and that's just the way the news goes

He's one of the biggest FWs in the UFC and if Yair doesn't beat Volkanovski Max will likely never get another title shot at FW. He has the frame to put on some muscle and move to LW permanently and not be small.

Rematch vs Charles.

He got the length but vs DP he seriously lacked power at LW.

Gonna be mean and say he gotta bully smaller guys at 145 to be great.
He's got height but he doesn't have the reach to bully lightweights unfortunately. He's got the striking skills but...can he wrestle bigger stronger lightweights? I don't know. Can he do what volk did against that caliber of grapplers?

Justin or Chandler end of this year. Someone’s getting slept and if they don’t break his chin: max top 3 goat chin!

Volk Beata Yair however he wants ... do not get the Yair hype.

Spoken like someone who has never boxed or fought. You don’t think he could add ~5-7 lbs of muscle overall and be stronger and hit a little harder? That’s a wild take.

I boxed in the old Lincoln Heights jail (LAYAC), run by Johnny Flores, in Los Angeles, before you were a smile on your daddy's face.

I watched UFC I, and trained with Royce, Rickson, and Fazio Santos also before you were smile on your daddy's face.

You don't see any boxing greats (besides maybe Holyfield) "adding muscle mass" ...

Ray Robinson moved up in weight because he could, not because he lifted weights.

Modern boxing greats, like Terence Crawford, don't "add muscle mass" and move up in weight, they only move up in weight as they mature, if they move up at all.

Please sit down and shut up, and never assume "you" are more experienced than someone else, because they have a different opinion from you.

Back