Media Fedor made mistakes in grappling that GSP or Jones would never make

Fedor was a risk taker who lost many times, so yeah, he wasn't that great. Jones and GSP are more profesional and they are better at gamemanship in their fights. They avoid risks, use dirty tactics and they are willing to even run to avoid punches or takedowns.

Dude that's a 300 pound trt Big Foot Monster.

GSP spammed insecure high kicks like a scared noob cause he couldn't take pressure that night vs Matt Sera and got knocked out by a 5'6 guy. At least Big Foot was a legit ass Monster.

Now Matt is a great fighter too.

But c mon man.

A legit ass monster that got killed by the truly great heavyweights.

Fedor is a good fighter but I don't think he's great, when he's discussed with names like Jones and GSP, we can see how he fails in comparison.

Fedor makes mistakes that Jones or GSP would never make.
There are a lot of matches where Fedor makes huge mistakes but lets look at just a few of them.

First:
Fedor vs. Silva:
Look at how easy Silva was able to get Fedor's hip and just take him down. Silva is not a great takedown artist by any means, but Fedor just fed his hips to him. Silva easily gets to half guard, then transitions to full mount.

I can't see anyone doing this to Jones or GSP, especially a guy that is known for striking and not for wrestling.

Can you imagine GSP or Jones being double legged by some striker?

giphy.gif

Second:
Fedor vs Hendo.

Let's look at Fedor's cage work, Hendo trapped Fedor against the cage for a really long time. Fedor had no clinch game and didn't even know to pummel to get to a overunder position. He allows Hendo to keep him on the cage with double unders for a long time. Fedor just looks lost and didn't know what to do, he just threw rabbit punches at Hendo while being stuck in double unders eating knees. It was Hendo that ended up breaking the clinch to elbow Fedor.

giphy.gif

View attachment 978555

Now, let's examine one of Fedor's most iconic moments which was actually brought about by his failed grappling.

Randleman slams Fedor with a suplex and Fedor lands on his neck no less. This wasn't an amazing feat by Randleman so much as Fedor giving up his back to stand up, doesn't drop his base, stands up fairly straight, didn't fight hands, and setup the perfect position for Randleman to just slam him.

Can any of you imagine Jones or GSP allowing someone to suplex them like this?

GSP got knocked out by at the time the biggest underdog in a Championship fight of all time….. neither Jones or GSP have the knockout power Fedor had.

Fedor's grappling definitely declined latter in his career but Jones almost got subed by Vitor leaving his arm out there just the way Coleman did vs Fedor.

Not to be that guy but I’m gonna be that guy. The Hendo and Big Foot fights were when Fedor was officially the ghost of Fedor. He was beyond past his prime. I do not know why everyone hates Fedor

He's either ignorant or trolling.

I have seen this poster make some remarkably dumb statements. Statements so dumb that he is definitely a troll who puts great energy into saying the stupidest thing possible. Some hobbies are a sad waste of life.

A legit ass monster that got killed by the truly great heavyweights.

After he stopped using trt. Since when you have been a fan? Sounds like you didn't know boutma when all that was going on. You really truly are a noob.

Trt used to be legal back then and some guys had inhuman strength

After he stopped using trt. Since when you have been a fan? Sounds like you didn't know boutma when all that was going on. You really truly are a noob.

Trt used to be legal back then and some guys had inhuman strength

I'm a noob? When did Cain destroy big foot?

He destroyed TRT big foot noob.
Jones also destroyed TRT Victor.

Also, TRT Big foot got wreckted by DC right after TRT Big foot wreckted Fedor.

Not to be that guy but I’m gonna be that guy. The Hendo and Big Foot fights were when Fedor was officially the ghost of Fedor. He was beyond past his prime. I do not know why everyone hates Fedor

Nobody hates Fedor, not considering him great doesn't mean you hate him.

All the main argument revolving around Fedor is just whether or not he should be in the GOAT conversation, that's hardly hating on the guy. That's just saying he's not some God in MMA.

Fedor has only lost 7 fights, Bader, Mitrione, Henderson, Silva and Werdun, 7 fights he should have won

The next Fedor thread will probably comment on his hangnails, and their relevance to his GOAT status (in comparison to the hangnails of other GOAT candidates).

I'm a noob? When did Cain destroy big foot?

He destroyed TRT big foot noob.
Jones also destroyed TRT Victor.

Also, TRT Big foot got wreckted by DC right after TRT Big foot wreckted Fedor.

True but he still was trt Big Foot and not that guy on a 10 fight KO losing streak. Dude seriously, Fedor is a pudgy 230 and Big Foot 300 pounds and you ask why Fedor didn't just get up or stop the takedown.

Other question. Why don't you have any fights ? Before I talk shit about Fedor not being able to keep a prime 300 Pound Monster off him, I'd maybe try doing something myself to see how hard it is. Cause you sound really stupid criticizing a Great when you are too pussy to even fight any amateur.

Fedor was a risk taker who lost many times, so yeah, he wasn't that great. Jones and GSP are more profesional and they are better at gamemanship in their fights. They avoid risks, use dirty tactics and they are willing to even run to avoid punches or takedowns.
He went a decade without losing a fight at HW, which is unheard of, even unthought of. "Lost many times" by fighting for over a decade after his was out of his prime, perhaps, but that's like claiming Muhammed Ali was a mediocre HW or Sugar Ray Robinson wasn't one of the greatest, ever, for the way their careers ended.

Fedor's career did age horrible after Pride and Fedor was not some 40+ guy when that happened like some guys make it out to be.
But to say the guy was a bad grappler is just dumb, Fedor did have great grappling and explosiveness and his unorthodox hooks were dangerous.

But I mean it's Sherdog, Jones could never fight an HW like Gane, beats Gane first round. Gane isn't all that, Sherdog is more emotion than actual facts most of the time.

If I were a dick I would bring up how Fedor declined after he left the Japanese who didn't test for stuff but I am not gonna be some mouthbreathing hating cockroach like most of the guys that bring up all the PED shit to discredit Jones complete career.

Unnecessary thread Jones looked at his worst in his last LHW fights and GSP looked like he got in a car crash after the Hendricks fight and the first BJ Penn fight.

We can all concentrate on the worst parts of the fighters and forget all the good parts in the process in an emotionally fueled attempt to discredit them.

Since when is "like" and "look up to" similar?

Did I say I worship the guy or something? I said I like him, and I like hundreds of fighters. I mean, you either dislike, feel indifferent, or like a fighter. I actually like Fedor, but I don't really like him, look up to him, or come anywhere close to worshipping him.

He can probably make my top 50 most liked fighters, I mean, he's not on my top 50 disliked fighters so.

This would be my summary of Fedor.

"I like the guy, he was kinda good, a bit wild, and had a good run in pride, but GOAT? lol"
You're probably just another simp neckbeard that thinks Conor is the GOAT, wasting my typing time with you.

I love how TS keeps chiming in trying to defend his super noob views. Your clearly new to mma and know nothing and should stfu, but keep it up, this is classic. It's entertaining, thanks.

@seanwongster

Fedor has only lost 7 fights, Bader, Mitrione, Henderson, Silva and Werdun, 7 fights he should have won

Honestly the Bader, Mitrione fights don't count
He was like 40

How many fights Spider lost after his prime

Roy Jones also just lost vs Pettis while we're at it

He was like 40

The greatest to ever do it in boxing lost a ton after his prime, only idiots use that in consideration when that conversation emanates. I speak of Sugar Ray Robinson of course. While were at it, here's a tribute by me.

He was like 40

Petits won? Jones fell hard, he need to retire

Back