It's been 6 years, 7 months, and 29 days since...

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Colby Covington won a fight with a (non injury related) finish

Against Max Griffin on Mcgregor vs Diaz 2 on August 20th 2016

And we're supposed to believe this guy is so exciting he deserves a title shot after losing to Usman (again) in 2021 and then beating Masvidal who's 0-4 since 2019 and now retired?

I didn't believe you so I had to look it up.
Turns out it's true.
It's damn true.

kurt-angle-its-true.gif

And people think he might actually win lol.

35 years old, hasn't beaten anybody that wasn't 38 and 0-2 in half decade. Hasn't finished anybody in longer than that.

Fighting perhaps the most underrated fighter in the division still, certainly the most underrated champion.

Prognosis is not good Colby fans.

And we're supposed to believe this guy is so exciting he deserves a title shot after losing to Usman (again) in 2021 and then beating Masvidal who's 0-4 since 2019 and now retired?
but we should give it to gilbert burns?

Imagine being so rattled by an athlete in a fighting sport where its inevitable that he's going to get punched in the face and then actually complaining about it. lol
Instead of outing yourself as butthurt maybe consider being productive and start a new off-topic section to the forum called the cry closet. This can be the first thread moved there.

Colby Covington won a fight with a (non injury related) finish

Against the Max Griffin on Mcgregor vs Diaz 2 on August 20th 2016

And when I said this in another thread I was attacked by the wild dogs lol.

Yet he still has almost twice as many victories by finish in the UFC as Belal Muhammad.

Yes?

I mean Leon got a title shot when his only finish since 2016 was a sketchy ref stoppage with literally 1 second left, and his only win at all since 2019 was now retired journeyman Nate Diaz who almost finished him.

Masvidal was #6 when Colby fought him, and 50-44'd him. How is he responsible for the guy retiring more than a year later?

Back