• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Israel Adesanya: “3-1 and done”

Do a 5th fight?

• Total voters
He’s laughing at all you clowns saying 3-1 as if it means something when he just knocked out alex and avenging his 1 loss at mw in mma.

Lol @ counting kickboxing matches. Deron winn is 1-0 vs kamaru usman too then.

But usmans main thing is wrestling. Izzy and Alex are both kick boxers and they fought their MMA fights like kick boxing matches. Not the same.

This is stupid take. Wins from a completely different sport don’t transfer from over.

Rose just got subbed in BJJ to Gillian Robertson but only a fool would say it’s 1-0 Gillian

'a completely different sport'... Yeah cause watch Izzy n Alex UFC fights vs their kick boxing matches... Complettttely different!

Lol. They're both kick boxers and fought their MMA fights kick boxing. There was no difference.

rofl, nope. He's still gotten his ass kicked 3 times.

But usmans main thing is wrestling. Izzy and Alex are both kick boxers and they fought their MMA fights like kick boxing matches. Not the same.
Yes usmans main thing is wrestling and he lost to winn in wrestling. Deron winn is now 1-0 over usman.

'a completely different sport'... Yeah cause watch Izzy n Alex UFC fights vs their kick boxing matches... Complettttely different!

Lol. They're both kick boxers and fought their MMA fights kick boxing. There was no difference.
Except, different gloves, clinching, round times, scoring criteria, cage. Deron winn is 1-0 over usman then. Lets start counting submission grappling matches too.

lost-star.jpg
WTF man. Why would a man another shirtless man.

I hope Pereira moves to 205, because his weight cut isn't healthy and I think he'd actually do better at LHW.

Then hopefully Whittaker can put some magic together and beat Adesanya.

Yea I think they’re ready for a break. They are both in danger against each other the entire fight and they know it. Both are kinda quitting while they’re ahead. AP is also going to be much healthier at 205.

What would be incredible is if AP wins the LHW title and Izzy defends the MW title and then they meet again.
Great take. I like the way you worded that. They both are absolutely quitting while ahead. How insane is that? That speaks levels to how much those two respect each other’s skills. The coolest part is, their rivalry has multiple paths to a LHW title fight conclusion. If Alex capture the LHW belt it’s on. If Izzy jumps the line for a LHW title shot after a few more MW title defenses and becomes champ, his first defense would have to be against Alex. Both are king shots, however. Alex may not be able to avoid wrestlers on his path to a title shot, and Izzy had trouble the last time he fought at LHW. if that rematch does happen miraculously this would be the greatest rivalry in combat sport history.

Although I think Alex has the edge because of 3-1, I don’t believe he deserves an immediate rematch because he got flattened in the second round. If it went on longer and was competitive then I would think different but for now I’m goods without the rematch.

Israel and his fans are some of the most fragile people on the internet. It would be laid to rest if Izzy just stopped mentioning him till there's a money fight in it for him, instead he is insecure and needs to get the last word in.

It's actually insane. It's like high school teenage behavior. Bully revenge.

Adesanya, dude, you won weeks ago. It's obvious you don't want to fight him again. Just let this weirdo shit go.

What does that mean? He’s 1-3 in the series.

Rampage beat Wanderlei in their third fight and even though they’re good friends now he admits Wand is the only fighter that he was scared of in his career.

Iz is still scared of Pereira to this day and it’s understandable, doesn’t mean that he’d lose if they fought again. But it does mean that him losing three fights to one man is still in his head.

This ain't the playoffs though. 3-1 or even 1-1 Is nothing more than a moral victory for Pereira supporters. Adesanya currently has the strap and the better MMA record/legacy.

He's 1-3 but still the champ, no matter how much people want to discredit. Not saying you are discrediting, just responding to the analogy.
Izzy fans are desperate man

Back