• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Media Israel Adesanya: “3-1 and done”

Do a 5th fight?

• Total voters
Izzy is the one saying 3-1.

That means he acknowledges it's 3-1.

All 4 of the fights played out like kickboxing matches anyway, other than a few brief wrestling exchanges in the first MMA bout, but Alex knocked him out on the feet anyway.

3-1.
Izzy is responding to the clowns saying 3-1, basically laughing at them because he’s the champ and lives rent free in their heads. Which is obvious. U guys just cant handle it.

Izzy is responding to the clowns saying 3-1, basically laughing at them because he’s the champ and lives rent free in their heads. Which is obvious. U guys just cant handle it.
If he lives rent free in their heads why is he the one responding to it?

He knows he's down 3-1 and it does bother him.

"Different sports" doesn't come into play here becauase all their fights played out like kickboxing matches save for a few moments in the first MMA fight when Alex knocked him out standing anyway.

3-1

FB-IMG-1681324657265.jpg
Absolutely amazing

If he lives rent free in their heads why is he the one responding to it?

He knows he's down 3-1 and it does bother him.

"Different sports" doesn't come into play here becauase all their fights played out like kickboxing matches save for a few moments in the first MMA fight when Alex knocked him out standing anyway.

3-1
Mma is different than kickboxing. So is deron winn better than usman because he beat him in wrestling? Especially because usman wrestles in all his fights??

No but like bro I don’t understand why you wouldn’t wanna prove you’re better by wanting to beat that dude as much or more than he’s beaten me. To me I wouldn’t be better until I had the number, that’s all that matters at the end of the day, and he’s only 1-3. Even in MMA they’re 1-1 at least beat him with that fact that you’re the overall better fighter.

He has often spoken about potential future matchups using video game terminology.
While I’m not a gamer, I wouldn’t have counted my losses to an end of level “boss” then replayed it X # of times until I’d beaten him more than I’d lost.

They are 1 a piece in mma. 2-0 in kickboxing. You decide who’s on top.

The guy who is the second highest paid fighter in the UFC
Money is no indicator of who will win a fight. But at this point, I think Izzy managed to turn things around and I’d pick him over Alex if a third fight happened. I thought Alex had it in the bag but Israel proved me wrong and shattered that jaw. A comeback from getting bodied like that at 36 years old is highly unlikely.

Not that I'm a huge Izzy fan, but I could care less about the 1-3 bit. He admitted Alex is a killer and should move up to LHW so he can put a hurtin' on those guys. Izzy isn't being delusional. He's just sick of Alex. Plus, it took a lot for Izzy to bounce back so quick and challenge Alex after getting finished the way he did. He put a lot on the line. If he would've lost again, it would've taken his stock down significantly. Bold move. That was such a slick gameplan, and to pull it off made it that much more iconic.

Fair point

Alex won the kickboxing series 2-0

and they’re tied in the mma one 1-1

Honestly though even ignoring the kickboxing matches I think the way the MMA fights goes makes a 3rd match a pretty obvious choice in a sporting sense, indeed even in a short term PPV sense.

That we are getting Nunes/Pena 3 and not Izzy/Alex 3 I think says a lot, the former of those two Nunes totally dominated Pena in the rematch rather than winning via a counter shot. The difference is I think the UFC know Nunes is a big favourite to win the third fight so its not much risk, they know that Izzy/Alex is a very dangerous match and I don't think they or Izzy are willing to risk a third fight now they have the result they want.

Alex has probably been told he's not getting a 3rd fight with Izzy but will potentially get a relatively fast shot at the LHW belt as compensation.

Last edited:
They should multiple times. Seeing the boxing fights.

Well, Alex is moving to LHW instead of trying to get a rematch so i would say that constitutes another L

Izzy 2-1 in MMA. Case closed

Moving to an even bigger challenge and weight class that Izzy failed at is not an L

Back