Other than Fedor, who was the biggest missed UFC signing ever?

Eblen and Nemkov would be massive losses if they never make the jump, and there's a good chance they won't.

Might as well throw Loughnane in there, though I suppose he's not as proven as someone like Pitbull or even AJ still. Brendan is never getting a contract for as long as Dana holds that grudge against him.

Aoki is one of my top 5 favourite fighters, but I think a lot of his fights in the UFC could have looked like his fight against Gilbert, or getting lit up on the feet by guys he couldn't get to the ground. Prime Aoki vs. Prime Penn was a fight I always wanted to see.
I definitely would have liked to have seen Shinya vs Ryan Hall.

Arona has always been my answer. I would also throw Sergei Kharitonov and a prime Vitaly Minakov's names in the mix.

I remember the rumour mill was burning up with Soldic signing with the UFC and at the time I hadn’t heard of him. After checking into this guy, it’s a damn shame it never happened.

Arona
Vovchanchyn

Kharitonov ( especially division wise)
Bibiano surprising he wasn't octagon bound

This a good convo- sure there are more that aren't on top /head.
I remember the article from after Flash didn't sign with the UFC. He said, "It's many fighters' dreams to fight in the UFC. It ain't mine." I always respected the stance. Would have been fun to get those matchups, though.

Might as well throw Loughnane in there, though I suppose he's not as proven as someone like Pitbull or even AJ still. Brendan is never getting a contract for as long as Dana holds that grudge against him.
Loughnane fought in the UFC back in 2012.

I remember the article from after Flash didn't sign with the UFC. He said, "It's many fighters' dreams to fight in the UFC. It ain't mine." I always respected the stance. Would have been fun to get those matchups, though.
Have to agree with those two. Some non-PRIDE fighters that would have been interesting would have been
Cole Konrad
Matt Hume
Erik Paulson

xA23C48.gif

Z565.gif

Not counting active competitors who still have a shot (like Pitbull or Mckee)

Here's a few I would have liked to see compete in UFC

Arona
Vovchanchyn
Khalidov (in his prime)
Shlemenko (in his prime)
Konrad
It's about to be Marcus Almeida.
7ivfdr.jpg

Freakishly athletic heavyweight and the greatest (most decorated) Jiu-Jitsu competitor of all-time.
I know he doesn't have a lot of experience, but he has the potential to be great. But instead, he'll toil in obscurity over in Singapore.
<KhabibBS>

I'd favor him over half the UFC top-10.

I would have loved to see Kharitonov in the UFC around 2007-2009

Back