• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ever yell at someone at work?

Never had to yell but definitely put someone in their place more than once

I was a high school history teacher for 10 years of course I had to yell at someone at work, at least 5 times a week. Good times.

Honest I’m very rarely a yeller at work. Was being sarcastic.

Absolutely way too many cops all just yell random conflicting shit at people and then wonder why they don’t comply

Exactly. There needs to be one person speaking calmly, precisely and loud enough to be heard. I think part of driver's education and maybe even education in general should include how to act when police are involved. Too many drivers don't seem to know that they should pull over to the right side or move to the right to get out of the way if the police aren't after you.

Not often. But being in construction for 20+ years, it's happened a few times. Most recently, about 2 months ago. I'm a pretty easy going guy, but sometimes people do very stupid things. Once I can look past. Twice. Now you've got my attention. 3 times? You're a fucking moron and I'm going to let you know that in a very loud manor.

I don't think I've ever yelled, prob raised my voice but not yelled.

I got yelled at by a colleague (20 years older and thought he was a senior though a peer) a few years ago on the phone. I didn't yell back, just waited for him to finish. A few months later i set up some customer meetings for him and me, asked him to follow up with some questions about connecting them with colleagues in his territory, he didn't do this.

After the meetings we had a beer and I asked how he thought I went. He proceeded to tell me what I'd done wrong etc, I took all of this on board. When he finished I told him what he'd done wrong, I hope a bit more constructively and then how disappointed I was that he hadn't tried to follow up to get some connections in his region.

Dude crumbled like a bitch "oh yeah I'm not very confident, I don't think I'm a good sales guy etc etc". Actually felt bad for him in the end a little bit, I won the exchange though. Doing something like this is better and way more satisfying than yelling back.

yea, there's this guy at work

I'm like, "Joey! Joe! Joe Junior!"

still no response. smh, retarded.

Working in a prison, I have yelled at both inmates and staff. Never a proud moment, but sometimes, I have no choice. As I age, I am much more cutting than loud. For an example, if an inmate gets disrespectful, I will say, "Let me remind you of our relationship." Then I make them turn around and pat search them in front of everyone. As I do it, I lecture them on respect and how I always show it, but need to receive it back to continue that relationship. If the inmate shows respect moving forward, we are fine and I never, ever hold it against them. We all have bad days, but unfortunately, I need to be the alpha occasionally.

Its not about being alpha, it's about being the better man sir.

Never, but worked with many who would have gotten yelled at by others and have.

Nope. I just remember who the dickheads are and find other ways to make their lives suck. Like putting laxatives in their coffee.

What if you are the dickhead and just think it's the others. Or if it's 50/50

That makes you officially a bad person

I work security and I'm pretty calm. I don't even remeber yelling at anyone.
That being said security in Germany is soft 80% of the jobs. I would almost call it service over security.

I can't remember yelling.

I work as a builder aswell..

I find talking to the guy doing the job and explaining to his boss in a casual manor what i expect for a market price does the job..

If i yell i'm the one who fucked up..View attachment 981293
I guess, I don't really yell, I just have a moment of frustration to the point where the voice is slightly raised and feeling on the situation are expressed. Its okay when tradesmen who are up to 5 years in ex make mistakes, but it is seriously unacceptable when a 20+ years veteran are still making basic apprentice mistakes. I'm just a employee at my job but I do pick up other co workers slack which shouldn't be the case unless they're uncapable at the moment, injured etc. I'm usually more subdued but I lose by marbles when I have to fix or carry other tradesmens responsibilities when they should know better.

When I used to work in a loud, abrasive environment yes, but mainly just to be heard. When I'm angry I tend to keep things sharp and tight and control my temper. I've yelled at a coworker in the last year or two but not out of anger, just to scare the shit out of him lol. People who've never heard me yell (almost everyone) have no idea that I have the voice of a metal head/drill sergeant at my disposal. I'm chill most of the time and hardly ever even raise my voice so they're usually surprise Pikachu face when I bust it out lol.

Maybe some industries it’s fine and perhaps required. Generally speaking, it’s probably not a good way to operate though. Being angry towards others on a consistent basis isn’t good for the health and soul and could also make you look weak.

When I was waiting tables in the mid 2000s, I would go off on coworkers over the stupidest things. I was probably taking out my customer service frustrations on them. I actually ended getting fired from a spot after gaining the reputation of being a hot head.

Nowadays, I’m in a position of leadership. I work with a diverse group, but it’s mostly the Gen Zers that frustrate me. I have to remind myself they are just kids. I wasn’t the best worker at that age myself and was probably worse, always coming in late, no showing, etc. I’m pretty much a very positive person all the time, and if I’m displeased about something, it’s pretty easy for others to tell without me even have to say a word. If it comes down to it, I’d rather just send someone home for the day than yell at them.

Damn.

Am I the only SherBro to work in the restaurant business?

We yell at each other ALL THE TIME. Stress, frustration, volume of the kitchen, it's non-stop BOH.

We need RUNNERS!!!!

Damn.

Am I the only SherBro to work in the restaurant business?

We yell at each other ALL THE TIME. Stress, frustration, volume of the kitchen, it's non-stop BOH.

We need RUNNERS!!!!
I literally mentioned in the post above I used to wait tables. Lol. I know, wall of text though.

Yelling hot food, cold drinks, or what table is up is completely different from berating someone.

I literally mentioned in the post above I used to wait tables. Lol. I know, wall of text though.

Yelling hot food, cold drinks, or what table is up is completely different from berating someone.

I did miss your post.

Also, I yelled at my coworkers for a lot things (like filling the f#$king water pitcher, or running their own food, refill the ice, don't leave your dishes at the terminal, or, well, ... lots of stuff, lol).

iu

When I got to the kitchen, I was surprisingly chill. Probably because of my years in FOH.
It sucks to have the Line yell at you when you are double-sat and trying to please some Karen.

Back