Ever yell at someone at work?

I have gotten into so heated arguments, but I try not to insult or belittle someone, but people generally take criticism as a personal insult.

We have this old guy at my work and he's a complete princess pain in the ass. He wont unload his truck properly if even a single box or piece of debris is in his way, he will throw a tantrum and put stuff where it doesn't belong. Today he puts something where it doesn't go as usual, so I get it and bring it to where it does go. He starts yelling at me not to put it there because its blocking his way. I tell him its not blocking anything, all he had to do was move one crate an inch over and there was room. He says he doesn't have time to do my job for me. I tell him its his job and he could have figured it out if he didn't fuckin suck at his job. He tells me to move my shit out of his way. I told him to shut the fuck up.

I definitely lost my cool, but people who suck at their jobs annoy me

Sounds like you're under qualified for your job at Walmart and need to learn to do it properly... or go and find an even easier job.

Yeah, and I’m about to do it again. I’ve got a whole team of assholes treating me, and others on my team, like shit. I’m about to serve them up.

I only tore ass when I was talking to superiors, or making a corrective action during a gross infraction with subordinates.

I'm glad I work at home, alone. I don't have to deal with this shit. Life is already stressful as it is, I don't need to take my job that seriously.

I'm glad I work at home, alone. I don't have to deal with this shit. Life is already stressful as it is, I don't need to take my job that seriously.
I work at home now as well and if somebody fucts up, you can only scream at the monitor. There's nothing like calling someone an incompetent idiot in person.

Working in a prison, I have yelled at both inmates and staff. Never a proud moment, but sometimes, I have no choice. As I age, I am much more cutting than loud. For an example, if an inmate gets disrespectful, I will say, "Let me remind you of our relationship." Then I make them turn around and pat search them in front of everyone. As I do it, I lecture them on respect and how I always show it, but need to receive it back to continue that relationship. If the inmate shows respect moving forward, we are fine and I never, ever hold it against them. We all have bad days, but unfortunately, I need to be the alpha occasionally.
Any fun prison stories?

Last regular job I had I got fired for yelling back at one of the boss' friends who yelled at me. I work for myself now.

Any fun prison stories?

Fun isn't the right word lol. It's not a great environment to work in day in and day out. Absolutely changed my personality and perspective. I have some wild stories but not a ton of fun ones.

Fun isn't the right word lol. It's not a great environment to work in day in and day out. Absolutely changed my personality and perspective. I have some wild stories but not a ton of fun ones.
You should do a podcast or YouTube channel when you retire and tell some wild and some fun stories.

You should do a podcast or YouTube channel when you retire and tell some wild and some fun stories.

I have had an interesting career to say the least. I was a Private Detective for some years too and then worked as a security manger for a mental hospital. I could spin you a yarn for sure!

I have had an interesting career to say the least. I was a Private Detective for some years too and then worked as a security manger for a mental hospital. I could spin you a yarn for sure!
Wow! Did you work any exciting PI cases? You have an interesting background man!

Wow! Did you work any exciting PI cases? You have an interesting background man!

I did a smear campaign for a local (now not local) politician and that was the craziest 6 months of my life. I got death threats and had to completely live off the grid. I paid my rent in cash and stayed in an in-law apartment at a house that had no connection to me.

I did a smear campaign for a local (now not local) politician and that was the craziest 6 months of my life. I got death threats and had to completely live off the grid. I paid my rent in cash and stayed in an in-law apartment at a house that had no connection to me.
Wow! Your life is like a movie!

Working in a prison, I have yelled at both inmates and staff. Never a proud moment, but sometimes, I have no choice. As I age, I am much more cutting than loud. For an example, if an inmate gets disrespectful, I will say, "Let me remind you of our relationship." Then I make them turn around and pat search them in front of everyone. As I do it, I lecture them on respect and how I always show it, but need to receive it back to continue that relationship. If the inmate shows respect moving forward, we are fine and I never, ever hold it against them. We all have bad days, but unfortunately, I need to be the alpha occasionally.

Been there too. Staff unfortunately have a knack for taking on the culture of inmates over time. Gotta remind them who the block boss is every now and again, and it can be done without ever even talking to them.

Recently had an inmate give me a bunch of shit in front of a group of STG guys. Cracking jokes and laughing. Just sat there with a smirk while he kept riffing. When he turned to walk away he got the, "Hey, where you going? Come back, stand right here." The unit sergeant then explained who I was and dude turned white. I just asked him. "Have you learned your lesson?" He sheepishly nodded and I sent him back to his block. He was new to prison and young, still being educated so I let it slide. Before he left I did touch on the valuable lesson though, which is to not do that kind of shit to people you don't know, especially in prison. Other inmates will smile and laugh in front of you, even though they're boiling inside. Then they'll slice your throat while you're sleeping over the most trivial shit.

Last edited:
Back