News Pena wants winner of Nunes vs Aldana next

MMAFanCal

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
She should at least get a win, the last Nunes/Pena fight was pretty one-sided.
But damn looking at the current rankings this division is really shallow, like more then it usually is.

They could do Pena/Holm or Pena/Pennington for the next shot I guess.

Can't think of many more universally disliked fighters here than Pena.

Well I'm gonna say that I for one was looking forward to that fight. There's not much else going on at 135 (Holly Holm??). I love the Aldana rematch but I like Pena too

I was happy she won just cause it mixed things up for a minute but she is one of the most delusional fighters on the roster for sure.

She got the titleshot just because there was noone else around at the time. She 100% does not deserve another titlefight after that ass whooping, while not having a notable win as it is.

And on top of that she just pulled out. She needs to beat someone with a ranking, not the likes of Nicco Montano.

i mean the squeaky wheel gets the grease right?
Pena either speaks up hoping to get her wish or says nothing and falls into obscurity with the majority of wmma fighters.

I have nothing against Pena. She understands the game and is trying to get herself another TS. But after the last bout she should at least get another W just to save face.

you-cant-always.gif

i mean the squeaky wheel gets the grease right?
Pena either speaks up hoping to get her wish or says nothing and falls into obscurity with the majority of wmma fighters.

There's a point where the squeaky wheel just gets disliked and ignored, which we are fiiinally passing I think, at least fan wise. The UFC doesn't have a lot of options as far as that weight class though, so speaking up unfortunately is her best bet cause with 5 fights in way over 6 years she can't do it with her skills and consistency.

no one cares what she thinks. and no one wants to see that fight.
This is my feeling on it too. Only time pena was even in either fight was when post Covid out of shape Amanda gassed. But even before she did Amanda was still in control of the fight. If you have to rely on your opponent to gas completely to not be getting your ass kicked you don’t belong in the fight with them

She's doing the Stipe/Gus technique, wait around until you get a free title shot. The suckers in the UFC matchmaking fall for it every time.

If she was more active maybe...but 4 fights in 3 years with only 2 wins, means she needs to earn her next title shot and shouldn't have had the second rematch anyways.

Back