Social Rich old people and service workers

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
So I’m at a convention for rich people right now. I’m attending with my mom who has always been a boss kinda woman, very demanding type of person.

Twice in two nights I watched my moms associates give servers a hard time now.
One was because we had 15 people at a table and they couldn’t split the check, only could split it three ways at most. We also stayed 1 hour past closing time but no one seemed to notice.

This second time at lunch we had an hour and a half of break before returning to a workshop class. Two of the cooks called out sick so we waited like an hour for food and we were all late to the workshop. It’s understandable to be mad or impatient in this scenario but they bitched at our poor server who had no control over this. Not to mention it was a Mexican restaurant and it was cinco de mayo. One lady straight up just left to go to the workshop on time without telling the server. She already ordered food so when the food came it just sat on the table and got wasted. The server took that off our check though. But yeah despite 4+ people bitching and saying it’s ridiculous how long we are waiting and blah blah blah to the server, nothing changed because of it. I’m down for bitching and karening it out if it gets results, but when something like this happens, there’s literally nothing you or the server can do. This one was kinda bad cuz you could tell he was hella stressed and probably hated us. He was nice to me though, gave me free guacamole.

I’m pretty embarrassed how oblivious old rich people are to others who serve them. Idk maybe they are just used to being aggressive to get their way since they are all successful business people.

Oh yeah maybe I’m just being sensitive but this is an expensive hotel I’m staying at and the lady who was buying something at the hotel coffee shop asked for a whole lime, but the service worker brought a lemon and she’s like “limes are green” and was a little bitchy. Idk I think I’m just a sensitive person.

But is this your experience too or do I happen to be around a particularly entitled group of mostly aggro women? I told my mom there’s nothing wrong with complaining but she ended up paying the whole bill anyways, we couldn’t split the checks. And we also ended up waiting and going super late to the workshop anyway. So nothing really came of being rude to these people. And she got mad at me and told me not to be so judgmental. Idk

Last edited:
No idea what’s going on… so, I’m just going to pretend I do…

korean-nod.gif

They couldn't split the check ?

Couldn't they just use an app on their phones and ping money around ?

Or split the bill up roughly on a calculator and just give Dolores or whatever her name is $50 if she pays the bill?

So I’m at a convention for rich people right now. I’m attending with my mom who has always been a boss kinda woman, very demanding type of person.

One was because we had 15 people at a table and they couldn’t split the check, only could split it three ways at most. We also stayed 1 hour past closing time but no one seemed to notice.

This second time at lunch we had an hour and a half of break before returning to a workshop class. Two of the cooks called out sick so we waited like an hour for food and we were all late to the workshop. It’s understandable to be mad or impatient in this scenario but they bitched at our poor server who had no control over this. Not to mention it was a Mexican restaurant and it was cinco de mayo. One lady straight up just left to go to the workshop on time without telling the server. She already ordered food so when the food came it just sat on the table and got wasted. The server took that off our check though. But yeah despite 4+ people bitching and saying it’s ridiculous how long we are waiting and blah blah blah to the server, nothing changed because of it. I’m down for bitching and karening it out if it gets results, but when something like this happens, there’s literally nothing you or the server can do. This one was kinda bad cuz you could tell he was hella stressed and probably hated us. He was nice to me though, gave me free guacamole.

I’m pretty embarrassed how oblivious old rich people are to others who serve them. Idk maybe they are just used to being aggressive to get their way since they are all successful business people.

Oh yeah maybe I’m just being sensitive but this is an expensive hotel I’m staying at and the lady who was buying something at the hotel coffee shop asked for a whole lime, but the service worker brought a lemon and she’s like “limes are green” and was a little bitchy. Idk I think I’m just a sensitive person.

But is this your experience too or do I happen to be around a particularly entitled group of mostly aggro women? I told my mom there’s nothing wrong with complaining but she ended up paying the whole bill anyways, we couldn’t split the checks. And we also ended up waiting and going super late to the workshop anyway. So nothing really came of being rude to these people. And she got mad at me and told me not to be so judgmental. Idk
The stereotype of old people being nice isn't always true. I've found that a lot of old people are cranky and ornery. Add in the wealth factor in which they feel more privileged it's not hard to see why they are mean to service staff

Last edited:

sorry to break it to you but it ain't just old rich white people that treat service workers like shit. It's everyone. We've gradually been sold the idea "have it your way" and a million other company slogans that works to fill a companies coffers but makes life hell for the assholes they have to deal with.

As for how I feel about it, i get embarrassed if someone in my company acts like that, always. I don't like it but usually it doesn't rise to the point where I need to say something and most of the time, like you, it was the difficult position of having an elder acting that way. Of course, in my culture, we don't tell elders what to do or correct them, it's the other way around.

I do delivery and I run into some entitlement, at least once a day or so, someone is gonna act fucked up. Just yesterday, had a delivery and the place i was delivering had 2, customers, same hotel, I didn't know it because because the app goes one customer at a time, so, customer 1 wasn't where he was supposed to be, customer 2 was early and I din't know his order was the same one I would have after customer one, so, I go round the block, giving customer 1 a chance to get to the door. customer 2 calls me, tells me that I'm supposed to put on my blinkers, etc.., I just told him "look, i'm in traffic, see you in a minute" but that kind of attitude pisses me off. I had no idea he was customer 2 to begin with as that's a rarity that both customers are at the same address, but .., give them a chance to bitch, and yes, they take it every time.

Itds ok is used the kine cooks soitd in7 their food and the dudes probaly been awake for d a ys, hasas a cold, and has been charged smking and didjng drugs all week
i always say, it's no coincidence that that line of work is the highest for drug use, the shit is miserable and the people that do it , most of them didn't have their heads screwed on straight to begin with.

The worker not knowing the difference between a lime and a lemon is pretty funny tbh. One time I order a chicken breast meal at the grocery store and when I open the box at home I realize it's a chicken leg. I go back at the store to swap it for what I actually ordered and that's when I realize the 16-year-old at the chicken counter literally doesn't know what a chicken breast looks like. Some workers are dim AF and they deserve to be called out on it.

You have a good head on your shoulders sir.
The fact that you noticed that says a lot about you, and no matter how successful you become you won't be a cunt.

You can't ask for more than that big guy.

The worker not knowing the difference between a lime and a lemon is pretty funny tbh. One time I order a chicken breast meal at the grocery store and when I open the box at home I realize it's a chicken leg. I go back at the store to swap it for what I actually ordered and that's when I realize the 16-year-old at the chicken counter literally doesn't know what a chicken breast looks like. Some workers are dim AF and they deserve to be called out on it.
if it's just my food, i rarely say shit, even if something is really fucked up. but with delivery, it ain't my food and if they fuck up and I know it, I have to say something. No one like's being corrected but yes, it's needed sometimes. Usually, I don't know much about the actual food, so, what I catch the most is beverages, restaurants forget beverages a lot and that's one I can at least catch them on. I'm sure a lot of the stapled bags have fucked up orders in them but I do what I can do. If a burger doesn't have the right cheese, i can't do anything about that. But yes, these idiot customers somehow think I know all about the food order too "did they put xyz on it?" Idiots.

The most difficult people are the ones that barely go out, and barely spend but act that they're entitled to everything. Rarely had problems with rich people.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back