Is the UFC going to buy Bellator??

this is my new account

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Im a long time fight fan and watch all organizations. The UFC never mentions the name bellator during broadcasts or even recognize their world champions as champions in fight introductions. Chandler isnt the 3 time world champion during his introduction. Recently i have noticed the commentary team say the competitions name. Last night i think i figured out that the UFC is swooping in and buying bellator. Dana in his post fight press conference went on a rant about Francis and the PFL. talking about buying it for 250-300 million with middle eastern money through fundraising. He was absolutely flabbergasted about that like he knows something. It might have been the first time i heard him actually say bellator. Not sure tho. Today i went on youtube and was watching the pre TUF thing with chandler and ANIK acknowledged chandlers credentials using the word bellator in an official UFC show. Very odd.

2 minutes into this video and anik clearly says bellator.

This will be exciting like the WEC/UFC merger and will prove how elite other organizations are.

Welcome back Coker. You did it again son.

Lol. Dana always laughs last

It would make sense. Buy out the 2nd largest mma company so PFL doesn't make a powerplay for it. Sadly Fedor is no longer in it. But we might get Fedor in a ufc video game and that could be cool

Im a long time fight fan and watch all organizations. The UFC never mentions the name bellator during broadcasts or even recognize their world champions as champions in fight introductions. Chandler isnt the 3 time world champion during his introduction. Recently i have noticed the commentary team say the competitions name. Last night i think i figured out that the UFC is swooping in and buying bellator. Dana in his post fight press conference went on a rant about Francis and the PFL. talking about buying it for 250-300 million with middle eastern money through fundraising. He was absolutely flabbergasted about that like he knows something. It might have been the first time i heard him actually say bellator. Not sure tho. Today i went on youtube and was watching the pre TUF thing with chandler and ANIK acknowledged chandlers credentials using the word bellator in an official UFC show. Very odd.

2 minutes into this video and anik clearly says bellator.

This will be exciting like the WEC/UFC merger and will prove how elite other organizations are.

Welcome back Coker. You did it again son.

Lol. Dana always laughs last

I’m just not sure what the point would be. There are always going to be other organizations out there.

I’m not sure if they could with the whole monopsony thing, and the existing lawsuits.

But if you’re asking if the company that owns the UFC, and WWE can afford it? I’m pretty sure they can.
That is my only concern aswell. The monopoly thing. The UFC is worth over 10 billion. Whats another 300 million to buy the best fighters contracts??

The UFC has grown their roster so much over the years that I don't know how much sense it would make even if they could overcome any legal hurdles. It would completely oversaturate the deeper portions of the roster for only a few names. Other than eliminating a competitor (who isn't overly competitive), what would you the acquisition gain them?

It would be a great addition to the fight pass library, but a lot of the talent isn't cut out for the UFC so IDK how much value they'd get out of the roster.

Nemkov, Bader, AJ, Usman, pitbull, Eblin, etc... are all top shelf talent, but there isn't a lot of depth below them.

The most interesting part of Dana's comment was hearing that the PFL was suddenly very well funded.

I have no idea but wouldn't surprise me I guess, I wonder how much Bellator is actually worth?
a2e318f88a9afd48901441ebf54cbc3d.jpeg

They have never acknowledged any competing organizations during any broadcast and especially a certain GOAT. That is expressly prohibited. They never uttered the word 'strikeforce' until after they had bought it.

UFC needs Bellator. Bellator is fucking awful. You want your competition to be this bad. If they buy Bellator, somebody else will fill their spot as the second promotion, and it may be somebody actually efficient. Which could be a problem long term for the UFC.

Bellator has divisions filled with a ridiculous amount of boring wrestlers that UFC has passed over and UFC fighters that UFC doesn't care to have anymore. Coker even trashed that dude that beat MVP for winning using wrestling.

The pacing is horrible. They have 2 events in 2 days and then nothing for 2 months

There is nothing in Bellator that UFC cares to have. Strikeforce had Nick Diaz, Ronda and the HW GP. Bellator has nothing. Good fighters? Sure, but those are everywhere and UFC is not about having "ALL" the best anymore if we are honest.

It's harder to find their events online and keep up with them, I know this is just a problem for "pirates" like me, but the prelims are live on youtube and then they are nowhere to be found online. Why not keep them in youtube after it if you were streaming them live for free in the first place? Their youtube channel sucks.

They are for sale because they don't even generate profit, and if they do it's barely enough to be alive. They don't get bigger as time passes while UFC do. They are barely surviving

They are not an actual competition. You can't stop watching UFC and switch to Bellator because they barely have one event a month and sometimes not even that. None of my friends watch it, they call it the "B Leagues". None of them follow or care what happens there. UFC wants to have "competition" like that around.

Last edited:
I’m not sure if they could with the whole monopsony thing, and the existing lawsuits.

But if you’re asking if the company that owns the UFC, and WWE can afford it? I’m pretty sure they can.
ONE FC could then merge with PFL-Bellator to create a Kaiju-sized international promotion to properly rival UFC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back