Petition to add Laura Sanko to future UFC Broadcasts

Seems sometimes she says things in an awkward way or like if someone who wasn't super knowledgeable about something was trying to describe something specific, intelligently.
I think it was a contenders series event she commentated, and she described a submission attempt way too in depth. I was like “ damn she’s not informing the audience, she’s letting the the audience that knows the game she’s knows what she’s talking about. lol. A little too in depth for a the casual viewer.

I remember Goldy used to purposely ask Rogan softball BJJ questions so he could explain it to the fans. He let himself look like a casual for the audience benefit.

She's not bad. I have no problem with her commentating. I imagine she will improve as well as she gets more comfortable doing it

She was very good. Kept the commentary to fight related observations and good ones. Bisping wasn't running on and on like he usually does. I enjoyed it.

That's Laura Stankho

She's gettin better and better

Petition needs a poll! Sanko is good at what she's doing and will only get better. DC, Bisping, Rogan, Felder have all developed some bad habits and stray from professionalism on a regular basis (sharing terribly long, distracting, or tangential anecdotes for the sake of humour or to make a point, bickering, going totally off topic) while calling fights live. I often get the vibe that there's a bro competition going on between egos in the booth and that's not a good thing. There's often excessive yelling which is overbearing. Yelling at each other and yelling over each other, and seeing who can yell the loudest. I think Rogan started this and now they all do it.

They all have their moments of humour, chemistry, insight, astuteness, but none are consistently good as Dominick Cruz.
He's mostly spot on and is the only one that frequently tells me things I didn't know or brings clarity and nuance to what sometimes looks like muddled action. Maybe it's just me but I appreciate his analytical style and fight IQ observations. He's also one of the best at playing well with others in banter and stays on track. Cruz, Sanko, Anik are all alright with me and I think they'd make a good team. I don't mind the quick bits from Din. DC & Bisping are still good enough to be a separate comment team (if they can dial down the bickering) but Rogan & Felder both remind me of a low level production crew.

Last edited:
She’ll get better hopefully. Hopefully doesn’t end up like Cruz. Terrible.

Bisping and Felder are top tier.

She’s way better than DC, and Rogan. Those guys make watching cards less enjoyable. I’d rather have zero commentary than listen to either of those guys.

I’ve noticed they have gotten really bad at this. One of the most under appreciated things about the Goldy / Rogan duo was they almost never spoke over each other. I honestly used to think they had button they had to hold when it was their turn, but they were just really good at the commentary job. There is way too much interrupting these days, the commentary sounds like a podcast at times with Anik, DC, Felder, etc
To start with, we do not need so many in the commentary booth. The always run at least 3 now and it causes an issue with them speaking over each other. A huge annoyance is when you have two of them talking and then Anik has to shout over the conversation to plug whatever trash is official hot item of the moment for the UFC.

LOL

This's the most pathetic thread I've ever seen in my whole entire life, and the worst comment section ever, if you want the UFC to die, then put this woman on ppv

How's she better than Dom, DC, Rogan when they have much more experience at the sport.

this's the age of woman worshippers, I wish I was born 60 years ago

By.. being better?

LOL

This's the most pathetic thread I've ever seen in my whole entire life, and the worst comment section ever, if you want the UFC to die, then put this woman on ppv

How's she better than Dom, DC, Rogan when they have much more experience at the sport.

It’s not about experience in the sport it’s about being able to stomach listening to them talk for hours. Rogan has literally been repeating the same canned bullshit for decades, and DC & Dom are insufferable. Fielder and Anik are pretty bad too. At least Bisping is amusing at times. UFC’s whole presentation is honestly awful and I think people are just happy to see them give someone else a shot

I know she fought in Invicta, but did she also commentate there too? I was talking only about her UFC career at any rate.

I think she did some commentary. Maybe I'm thinking of Keidze and Anderson. I know she definitely did some post fight interviews. Can't forget when Evinger gave her the old smooch in the Invicta cage haha.

Sanko is commentating tonight and I think she does a hell of a fantastic job.
She's always great on the contender series and now she's finally been elevated to the main broadcast.
Let's all sign a petition to keep her on future UFC Broadcasts.

Also petition to replace Daniel Cormier with Din Thomas.

Sign Here______________________________________________
I like Sanko, but I've heard Din say some really dumb things. Cormier-level dumb.

LOL

Then you would just be 60 years old, and griping about the same thing…

Back