Jon Jones

JTDarkseid

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I honestly don’t understand why the UFC hasn’t said to Jon Jones “If you dont fight contender Sergei Pavlovich for the title, we are kicking you out of the UFC.” I’m tired of him ducking a worthy contender and instead trying to beat up on a 40 year old Stipe.

I honestly don’t understand why the UFC hasn’t said to Jon Jones “If you dont fight contender Sergei Pavlovich for the title, we are kicking you out of the UFC.” I’m tired of him ducking a worthy contender and instead trying to beat up on a 40 year old Stipe.

UFC gotta keep bones as champ, or it legitimizes Francis. And they can’t have that

A fighter's job is to create legacy. He gets just as much legacy building beating ex champ Stipe then he does defending his belt against a new comer.

I'm indifferent

Another thread on this? Jesus. Well, 1. Jones is champ and has a say in who he fights. 2. Jones vs Stipe is a bigger and more profitable fight than Jones vs. Pav. 3. Pav has no name value outside of this forum, hell, I bet you couldn't even tell me who his last 3 fights were without using the internet. 4. Stipe may be old but he is the most successful UFC HW of all time and should get some say in the matter. 5. You only want Jones to fight Pav bc you think he can beat Jon but if that fight were to happen and Jon smokes Pav like he would everyone else, you're all just gonna bitch and say he ducked Stipe or someone else. Stop bitching and just enjoy the fights.

You must really be some kind of stupid if you think the UFC would kick Jon out of the company. If he can hit a pregnant woman in a hit and run do you really think they would cut him for not wanting to fight someone no one even knows? Jon is one of the biggest ppv draws the sport has at the moment. Why do you want to see Jon cut anyway? Love him, hate him, call him a cheater or whatever you want the dude is by far the greatest talent the sport has ever seen. Stop crying on your keyboard and go do something with yourself.

Another thread on this? Jesus. Well, 1. Jones is champ and has a say in who he fights. 2. Jones vs Stipe is a bigger and more profitable fight than Jones vs. Pav. 3. Pav has no name value outside of this forum, hell, I bet you couldn't even tell me who his last 3 fights were without using the internet. 4. Stipe may be old but he is the most successful UFC HW of all time and should get some say in the matter. 5. You only want Jones to fight Pav bc you think he can beat Jon but if that fight were to happen and Jon smokes Pav like he would everyone else, you're all just gonna bitch and say he ducked Stipe or someone else. Stop bitching and just enjoy the fights.

You must really be some kind of stupid if you think the UFC would kick Jon out of the company. If he can hit a pregnant woman in a hit and run do you really think they would cut him for not wanting to fight someone no one even knows? Jon is one of the biggest ppv draws the sport has at the moment. Why do you want to see Jon cut anyway? Love him, hate him, call him a cheater or whatever you want the dude is by far the greatest talent the sport has ever seen. Stop crying on your keyboard and go do something with yourself.
TLDR cope essay

TLDR cope essay
Don't worry, I'll save some copium for you for when Jon either fights Stipe or when Pav has to fight a few more times before he gets a title shot, or looses to Jon, which ever of the three happens first.

My biggest issue is that the UFC let Francis vs Jon get away over money. All the spin Dana puts out there it still boils down to the money. Dana using his typical Squeeze you to death grip to not let you get away was a massive miscalculation with Francis. Trying to have total control and not spend the money lost that fight.

Now they don't want to pay Stipe so we are losing Jon vs Stipe. They did the same shit with GSP losing us the potential Khabib fight and probably more by prolonging his time away. But Dana needs snow in Las Vegas.

Because the UFC want that fight too?

Casuals don't give af about Sergei Pavlovich and it's not a very marketable fight for them.

1. Jones is the undisputed greatest MMA fighter of all-time, he should be allowed to go out however he wants

2. Jones agreed to return and save the UFC after everything with Francis fell through. He had all the leverage, what was the UFC going to do?

3. Jones was talking about fighting Stipe even prior to beating Gane, it was clearly the plan that he had mapped out and the UFC was on board

4. Part of the problem now is that Stipe knows this and has some leverage, too. I expect the fight will happen and the UFC will pay him, though.

Because the UFC wants Jones to fight Stipe so they can make more money. Duh.

Jones wants to box Fury, I think he is about to retire from fighting after he defends the title another time or if he gets the Fury fight.

UFC needs Jon Jones at this point. Pavlovich is a nobody in terms of money, and fans. Why would they tell one of their champions to take a hike to a nobody? makes no sense.

Stipe is who the UFC wants him to fight, not Pav. Plus, he just did fight a worthy contender. Fuck, I'm defending Jon Jones. What has this world come to.

Back