• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dumbest thing you've heard

Tuvatuva

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Sometimes I am absolutely astounded by the ignorance of people.

I told one my friends about the time I saw fresh water dolphins in the Mekong river in Cambodia, and she responds that I didn't. Dolphins don't live in rivers she says. When I told her I saw them with my own eyes and took videos of them, she said that they must've caught them from the ocean and put them in the river for tourists. This statement was so dumb I didn't know how to respond. That she said this with so much confidence and certainty in her voice is what bewildered me. I just told her to look up freshwater dolphin species.

I met a girl who worked at Yosemite National Park and she said she would sometimes get tourists asking her to "turn on the waterfall."

I also met people who complain about beaches being too small not realizing they were there at high tide.

What's the dumbest thing you heard people say?

Sometimes I am absolutely astounded by the ignorance of people.

I told one my friends about the time I saw fresh water dolphins in the Mekong river in Cambodia, and she responds that I didn't. Dolphins don't live in rivers she says. When I told her I saw them with my own eyes and took videos of them, she said that they must've caught them from the ocean and put them in the river for tourists. This statement was so dumb I didn't know how to respond. That she said this with so much confidence and certainty in her voice is what bewildered me. I just told her to look up freshwater dolphin species.

I met a girl who worked at Yosemite National Park and she said she would sometimes get tourists asking her to "turn on the waterfall."

I also met people who complain about beaches being too small not realizing they were there at high tide.

What's the dumbest thing you heard people say?

I don't think the tide thing is that stupid. If the beach is small at high tide, it is small all the time.

I think all of the right wing political / religious opinions of convenience are at the top. Lizard people rule the earth. Earth is flat. Earth is 6000 years old. Librarians are grooming kids for sex. Their AR-15 is what they will use if the country is invaded. Dungeons and Dragons causes real spells to happen. You can pray for rain and get it. Just all that stupid shit.

Just had a guy call in at work to bitch about missing pieces of an item he ordered. Someone on my end had followed proper procedure and escalated it to someone from Resolutions so they could contact the vendor to get it handled. The vendor emailed the member and asked what pieces were missing, so he calls us back and asks what's going on, and I simply told the douche that the vendor needs to know exactly what he did and didn't receive, to which he responded that I should give them that information, it's not his problem.

At this point I, for some reason, had to remind this asshole that no one on our end is there to sort through his package to see what he does or doesn't have, nor are any of us clairvoyant and can just put our hands on our temples and simply know.

He obviously didn't like that, requested management, to which I promised I'd gladly find him one so that they can reiterate what a retard is he.

I don't think the tide thing is that stupid. If the beach is small at high tide, it is small all the time.

I think all of the right wing political / religious opinions of convenience are at the top. Lizard people rule the earth. Earth is flat. Earth is 6000 years old. Librarians are grooming kids for sex. Their AR-15 is what they will use if the country is invaded. Dungeons and Dragons causes real spells to happen. You can pray for rain and get it. Just all that stupid shit.

At low tide more of the beach is more exposed. This depends on the beach but this particular beach gets quite big at low tide and is almost entirely submerged at high tide. If there people complaining just waited a bit or checked out a tide forecast, they would have enjoyed a nice wide beach.

I didn't know people think librarians groom kids for sex. First time I heard of that. The other stuff is your vanilla conspiracy or superstitions that quite many people believe.

This one guy kept repeating a harsh and raspy screaming voice
"Dahktuh Stoppij, Dahktuh Stoppij, Dahktuh Stoppij, Dahktuh Stoppij".

The guy obviously Wanted To Keep Fighting but the doctor felt, for some strange reason, it would not be safe for that fighter to stay in the match - even though he wanted to. He wanted all there to know the Doctor Stole his chance of winning that fight, He Did Not Quit.

That was only one of many stupid statements made after that fight.

Last edited:
At low tide more of the beach is more exposed. This depends on the beach but this particular beach gets quite big at low tide and is almost entirely submerged at high tide. If there people complaining just waited a bit or checked out a tide forecast, they would have enjoyed a nice wide beach.

I didn't know people think librarians groom kids for sex. First time I heard of that. The other stuff is your vanilla conspiracy or superstitions that quite many people believe.

Who the hell pays attention to tide forecasts? Heck, idiots wander into the bay during hurricanes around here.

decades ago back in the mid 70's it was a regional popular saying to ask someone if you would "go with me". Meaning being steady couple.

So in 6th grade at a skate party a girl I knew came up to me and said "will you go with me". In complete clueless sincerity I looked at her and said "go where?"

I remain a dumbass to this day

Met some tourists in NYC last year, that told me that it was amazing that to this day you can still see soot in the walls of the buildings surrounding the World Trade Center and 9/11 memorial. I still have no idea of what the fuck they were talking about.

Last edited:
Back