• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Dumbest thing you've heard

Dumb: "temporarily unable or unwilling to speak."

Therefore, I haven't heard anything dumb
nerd-well-actually.gif

Someone told me that you need to drink more water when it's cold than hot. It might be the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. She was serious too.

Sometimes I am absolutely astounded by the ignorance of people.

I told one my friends about the time I saw fresh water dolphins in the Mekong river in Cambodia, and she responds that I didn't. Dolphins don't live in rivers she says. When I told her I saw them with my own eyes and took videos of them, she said that they must've caught them from the ocean and put them in the river for tourists. This statement was so dumb I didn't know how to respond. That she said this with so much confidence and certainty in her voice is what bewildered me. I just told her to look up freshwater dolphin species.

I met a girl who worked at Yosemite National Park and she said she would sometimes get tourists asking her to "turn on the waterfall."

I also met people who complain about beaches being too small not realizing they were there at high tide.

What's the dumbest thing you heard people say?

The dumbest shit I hear, mostly, is misinformed social justice bullshit these days, especially if it makes them feel morally righteous at the expense of expending mental energy in order to actually understand history.

I don't think the tide thing is that stupid. If the beach is small at high tide, it is small all the time.

I think all of the right wing political / religious opinions of convenience are at the top. Lizard people rule the earth. Earth is flat. Earth is 6000 years old. Librarians are grooming kids for sex. Their AR-15 is what they will use if the country is invaded. Dungeons and Dragons causes real spells to happen. You can pray for rain and get it. Just all that stupid shit.

"...is small at high tide it is small all the time?" If it is at high tide, the coast becomes much more available as the tide goes out. The tide is not fixed. It ebbs and flows and therefore it cannot be small all the time. Depending on gradient, it can look like a whole different beach. You need to see more coasts.

Also, the extreme right is just as retarded as the extreme left. Saying the earth is 6000 years old (ex. Extreme right as you put it) is just as rudely ignorant as chopping off your 13 year old son's pecker, which is a stereotypical extreme left perspective (maybe worse).

The real normal NOW is the middle. There is no rational right or rational left anymore.

What's the dumbest thing you heard people say?

That you need B12 and especially "essential" amino acids from meat, because human body cannot produce it, while vegan animals that eat grass and corn etc.. can produce it, while human can't and you need their meat or products so that you aren't deficient. Absolute peak of human stupidity, mockery and brainwashing of highest order.

That you need B12 and especially "essential" amino acids from meat, because human body cannot produce it, while vegan animals that eat grass and corn etc.. can produce it, while human can't and you need their meat or products so that you aren't deficient. Absolute peak of human stupidity, mockery and brainwashing of highest order.
So you're saying you can get b12 from plant sources? Vegans take b12 supplements, including myself. I've heard you absolutely need to if you don't eat meat.

Early on when me and my wife first meet I discovered that she thought New Mexico was part of Mexico. I forget what the conversation was but I just stopped and was like wait “You know New Mexico is part of the US?”. You could just see the embarrassment on her face.
My ex thought Spain was in South America and was confused when she couldn't find it on the map.

A guy tried to convince me that I am not white.

View attachment 987704

Race is such a precarious concept to be fair. In some countries black Americans aren't considered black because they're American. I once had a eastern European friend who was blond and blue eyed and black people I knew didn't consider him white.

I sometimes had people tell me what I am as well.

In high school I was in advanced sociology, the school arranged for someone from jail, medium security prison and max to come to a q and a. Some girl, bless her heart raises her hand to ask a question....

"If y'all are locked up all the time how do you get to Walmart for your stuff, do you sign up or they have set dates"

I was a vegetarian for a few years in my early 20's. I was having dinner with my girlfriends parents and the subject of me being a vegetarian came up. During the discussion the mom stated that she "didn't know when ate the muscle off of an animal, I thought there was meat under the muscle that we ate".

Back