• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Media Ngannou blasts Jon Jones: "Tell your daddy to release you!"

Lol jones is a joke
Really? So if he's a joke, explain to me why it is that he'd choke Ngannou out in thirty seconds. Does that mean MMA is a joke if the goat is a joke? Not even kidding. It would be pretty funny if the goat in mma (who'd kill ngannou) is "a joke" and some random 15 yo tiktoker came in and beat him and everyone else in 5 seconds. Talk about "exposed."

Obviously that's not the case. I just find it funny you call the goat "a joke." It makes no sense. That's why I gave an example that illustrated your train of thought

I hate that the pink goof didn't want to pay both these guys to fight each other.

That's my issue here, and now both these are calling each other out, because it keeps them relevant and in the cycle "news".

Lmao!!
Francis turned down the highest pay ever to fight Jones.
He quit.
It didn’t appear Jones was going to fight at all for years up until Francis left.
What else was Jones going to fight for if not the belt?

Dumb

Jon is going to throw Ngannou on his head via a clinch and a leg sweep.

Jon Jones beats any man who has ever lived in the history of humanity

It may take cocaine, hookers, a car accident, 5 Henry Cejudo’s attacking him at the same time in training, a USADA exemption and suspension, a change in venue, and a terrible tune up fight against OSP for this to happen, but I have absolutely no doubt that Jon beats Ngannou, beats Ubereem, beats prime Fedor, Werdum, Cain…

Let’s put it this way, Francis had to wrestle Cyril who actually initiated some of the grappling and gave up top positions several times in their fight in order to skate by with a decision while Jon subbed Cyril in about 12 seconds.
Francis has one shot, but Jon either keeps him close on the clinch negating that power, or even decides to say fuck it and beats Ngannou at his own game by oblique kicks to both of Ngannou’s unfortunately compromised knees. I think the Knee issues are the key reason Francis has made the move away from the UFC, they simply won’t be the same.
When Ngannou was fighting Stipe the 1st time and was winded he could not generate the power to put Stipe away, and MMA does not allow shoes for traction so at already 36 with bad knees, Boxing might have been the best way to go and I’m not even including the money in my theory. He will always have that one punch power, but he doesn’t have it in a 25 minute fight especially with fucked up knees unless shoes are worn so the sweaty feet don’t deteriorate the grip which adds more power to the punch, plus the added weight from a boxing glove allowing one to punch even harder then the small and basically unprotected hand inside of an MMA glove.

Either that or Jon just pokes him in the eye multiple times

The ufc can fans white knighting jony and dana. Lmao! Go listen to your stupid joe rogaine podshit

Jon Jones beats any man who has ever lived in the history of humanity

The following people (in their prime) would have destroyed any version of Jon Jones in a no-holds-barred street fight:

Haku from WWE (when it was WWF) and WCW (where he was called Meng): He is the most feared man in the history of professional wrestling and was 275 pounds. Yes, I know Professional Wrestling itself is fake but you can go watch YouTube videos about what other pro wrestlers say about Haku.

Alexander Karelin: Greatest Greco Roman Wrestler of all time and was undefeated for a very long time. He was 275 pounds when he was competing and was way stronger than Jon Jones and a way more skilled wrestler as well.

Fedor Emelianenko: Prime Fedor would have made short work of any version of Jon Jones. Prime Fedor was too quick and too powerful for Jones and arguably better skilled as well.

Prime Overeem: He was way bigger and stronger than Jones and used to beat up Jones in sparring sessions.

The Great Gama: He was an incredibly strong Pehlwani Wrestler from India and was never defeated in his entire life and he challenged people from all over the world. His workout routine alone was far beyond anything Jones is capable of. He was much stronger than Jones by a lot and a more skilled wrestler as well.

Hakuho Sho: He was the longest reigning Yokozuna Sumo Wrestler in Japan. He would just be way too big and powerful for Jones. There are no weight limits in real life.

I'm quite sure the following people (in their prime) would have destroyed any version of Jon Jones in a no-holds-barred street fight:

Haku from WWE (when it was WWF) and WCW (where he was called Meng): He is the most feared man in the history of professional wrestling and was 275 pounds. Yes, I know Professional Wrestling itself is fake but you can go watch YouTube videos about what other pro wrestlers say about Haku.

Alexander Karelin: Greatest Greco Roman Wrestler of all time and was undefeated for a very long time. He was 275 pounds when he was competing and was way stronger than Jon Jones and a way more skilled wrestler as well.

Fedor Emelianenko: Prime Fedor would have made short work of any version of Jon Jones. Prime Fedor was too quick and too powerful for Jones and arguably better skilled as well.

Prime Overeem: He was way bigger and stronger than Jones and used to beat up Jones in sparring sessions.

The Great Gama: He was an incredibly strong Pehlwani Wrestler from India and was never defeated in his entire life and he challenged people from all over the world. His workout routine alone was far beyond anything Jones is capable of. He was much stronger than Jones by a lot and a more skilled wrestler as well.

Hakuho Sho: He was the longest reigning Yokozuna Sumo Wrestler in Japan. He would just be way too big and powerful for Jones. There are no weight limits in real life.

I am a longtime wrestling fan, I know about Haku, but from what I’ve read and watched Haku’s main feature was a pain threshold higher than any known human according to his co-workers, along with strength and crazy NFL-like athleticism throwing that body around like he was Daniel Bryan, but Jon is a professional fighter man. Haku had some tough man competitions I believe, but c’mon now he never even got the title once.
Plus pro-wrestling back in the day was different, you didn’t pay your dues unless you allowed someone to break your own leg. I think Haku may have had some fights in Japan, but he wasn’t so old to the point where he could have fought Don Frye in Pride.

I will give you Fedor, particularly back in the day, definite possibility but I also think Fedor was maybe a bit better than DC athletically and just more well rounded as a fighter. Fedor had absolutely no fear though, and Jon has admitted to being afraid on several occasions.

Alistair? I have read that he made Jon cry with leg kicks, but that’s training and probably kickboxing sparring. Jon takes Alistair out, the chin is too suspect and I actually doubt the functional strength of Overeem, Jon Jones isn’t getting kicked in the face by Travis Browne, Shogun KO’d Alistair as well.
If Overeem had done better against Ngannou I would have taken it more seriously.

Maybe Brock could have done it, perhaps he’s the only one with the strength and speed combo to hold Jon where he wants and beat him down against the cage ala Mir at UFC 100.

Sumo wrestlers dude really? I mean it did work out for Lyoto for a while.

I’ll give you this, Jon had trouble with some light heavyweights he had every physical advantage over, and some guys close to his size nearly drawed or perhaps probably should have got the nod against him but in my opinion Jon has found ways to win even in fights he faced adversity, he has always adjusted,, and never even been seriously rocked in the UFC.
Have we seen anyone land any knees or kicks to the head of Jon Jones ever? Has anyone ever even put him in a sub other than Vitor?

Jon had a creativeness in fighting that he doesn’t utilize as much today, and he is probably starting to slow down due to age but everyone you listed that could possibly beat him hasn’t, doesn’t have a positive record other then Reem, and is either dead or too old.

I do think Werdum could have done it, and I do give Pride Fedor a damn good chance.

The following people (in their prime) would have destroyed any version of Jon Jones in a no-holds-barred street fight:

And Haku couldn’t take the belts off Roman, much less Cena or Rollins. The Bloodline would tie Haku up and pour dog food on his face.

Jk even Taker was scared of Haku. I actually just watched a match between John agents and Haku the other day, the opening of the match was them rope running and no selling clotheslines against eachother until neither gave an inch, and then they went into the chest slaps. The way those guys moved were crazy for such giant men.

And Haku couldn’t take the belts off Roman, much less Cena or Rollins. The Bloodline would tie Haku up and pour dog food on his face.

Jk even Taker was scared of Haku. I actually just watched a match between John agents and Haku the other day, the opening of the match was them rope running and no selling clotheslines against eachother until neither gave an inch, and then they went into the chest slaps. The way those guys moved were crazy for such giant men.
Haku would gouge out an eye if need be and bite off a nose. And he was a master at karate chops to the neck. Add to that a strength that is far beyond Jon Jones. Haku broke handcuffs when arrested and mace spray didn't bother him much. I think prime Haku would simply manhandle Jones and throw him around at will. Again, no weight limits in real life.

Jones played his hand well. I still feel that for all the hullaballu over how great of a deal Francis has struck, it is a little off. It's a great looking deal yes. But it's like having a million dollars worth of a currency that no longer exists.

Being something something Africa's a great potentially a gold mine of fighters head of department something - means nothing if they DO nothing. And I haven't seen anything at all yet.
Equity partner in what? They LOSE money. Ain't no one watching that right now.
Boxing first ... Who?
Mma next year... Cool, Who?

And who's watching?

I'm not betting against him, he's a fucking stud to watch fight barring one fight. He's EXACTLY the guy I'd loike to see Jones fight. And Jones DID delay his debut... All of that.

But this deal? I'm not sold that he's really gonna get much out of it if he's not fighting. Which he is showing no sign of doing

And Francis isn't a champ at all, not even in a 2nd rate UFC knock off org. Hell, he can't even get a fight lined up so he might not even ever be "champ" over in PB&J, PBL, PFL whatever the hell the org that signed him is called.

haha, PB&Jellator
that’s a good one bro

{<redford}

Haku: Pro wrestlers say he is tough so he can beat possibly the greatest MMA fighter ever, STFU you absolute fool. This is literally the worst take I've ever seen on Sherdog, you should be banned for this alone.

Alexander Karelin: No he wouldn't, a wrestler who cannot strike and has no submission game does not beat a fighter as well rounded as Jones. Another bad take but nowhere near as bad as the Haku one, Jesus Christ - I'm still rattled that someone could be so stupid as to think Haku can beat Jon Jones.

Fedor: Yeah right, he couldn't even beat Dan Henderson.

The Great Gama: First of all who da fuk is dat guy? After reading up on him, it's a cool story but don't be silly. A rudimentary wrestler does not beat Jon Jones.

Hakuho Sho: Go watch early UFCs, watch what happened to sumo wrestlers against far inferior strikers than Jon Jones.

Haku would gouge out an eye if need be and bite off a nose. And he was a master at karate chops to the neck. Add to that a strength that is far beyond Jon Jones. Haku broke handcuffs when arrested and mace spray didn't bother him much. I think prime Haku would simply manhandle Jones and throw him around at will. Again, no weight limits in real life.
In a form of entertainment built on lies and mystique, you don't think they might be exaggerating a little? Also lol @ "master at karate chops to the neck", bro this ain't the 80s - no one believes in that karate chop BS.

Back