Media Ngannou blasts Jon Jones: "Tell your daddy to release you!"

It doesn't tell us who would have won.... but it does make Jones the definition of a paper champion at HW.

Jon has yet to beat a champion caliber fighter at HW so far. Maybe he'll go 10-0 at HW, but so far he hasn't done shit in the division so far.
Mate, he made Gane look like an amateur, come on, I understand your point, but don´t exaggerate

Francis is 12-2 in the UFC HW division and defeated Stipe for his HW championship, who has won 6 UFC HW championships himself.
Jon is 1-0 in the UFC HW division and defeated Gane for his HW championship, who has won 0 UFC HW championships himself.
There are other guys with strong MMA or UFC records as well.

Jon didn't have to go trough guys like Bojan Mihailovic or Louis Enrique, or the washed up legends, because he went trough guys like Cormier in his division.

As a champ, Ngannou's shoes aren't hard to fill.

Jon didn't have to go trough guys like Bojan Mihailovic or Louis Enrique, or the washed up legends, because he went trough guys like Cormier in his division.

Jones went through LHW champion Shogun to become a LHW champion himself. Nobody could ever say Jones was a paper champion at LHW. He defeated the man to be the man.

He hasn't done that HW. That is what a paper champion is. That is the definition.

It's like Cormier at LHW. At no point was Cormier the top LHW despite being named LHW champion... he never defeated an actual champion to obtain that title. He defeated Rumble and Gus, neither of whom were ever LHW champions. Jones was still the man.

... well, Francis is still the man. Jones hasn't beaten him yet, nor has Francis lost yet. At bare minimum Jones needs to defeat the previous HW champion, Stipe, to begin the conversation. Until any of that happens he's a paper champion.

This isn't groundbreaking shit I'm talking about here.

Last edited:

LOL yes, a person who can knock out 4 bouncers from a bar's gotta be pretty tough and will have some fighting abilities. And you have to take into consideration when he KO'ed the bouncers he was shit-faced drunk, so not at his best. 4 bouncers vs 1 probably wouldn't be a walk in the park for a professional fighter. I said Jones wins 10/10 times, but prime Haku would put up a better fight than Cyril did. Toughness like that is either something you have or you don't, you can't learn it.

LOL yes, a person who can knock out 4 bouncers from a bar's gotta be pretty tough and will have some fighting abilities. And you have to take into consideration when he KO'ed the bouncers he was shit-faced drunk, so not at his best. 4 bouncers vs 1 probably wouldn't be a walk in the park for a professional fighter. I said Jones wins 10/10 times, but prime Haku would put up a better fight than Cyril did. Toughness like that is either something you have or you don't, you can't learn it.

lol go watch ufc 1-5 to find out what happens to tough guys with no skill my son. It’s ok little one , time to grow up and stop watching wwe and jerking off to anime

Back