• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Ngannou blasts Jon Jones: "Tell your daddy to release you!"

except Jon didnt really gain 40 lbs. I hen he was competing at lhw he was 225 on fight day at single digit body fat. He now weights 240 i-245 with some muscle gain and a lot of fat gain. He has no abs anymore. He didn’t gain 40 lbs of muscle otherwise he would look similar to overeem and ngannou. So yeah completely wrong. He was ready to go but the money wasn’t right directly from his mouth

I don't think Jon Jones has been sub-10 body fat for any professional fight in a very very long time. 12? Sure. 11? Possibly. 10? You're pushing it. 9? When? I know the water/carb depletion look can cause you to think they're much leaner than they are, but I would wager he's around 11% on fight night from pictures and comparative bodybuilder analysis with actual indexing tools. Jones is much closer to 20% nowadays, obviously.

I don't recall saying "40 lbs," did I? Maybe in a hyperbolic sense at some point, but realistically Jon put on 20-25 lbs of fairly lean tissue. That's why I said "weight/muscle." You can't, at Jon's age and athletic performance level, gain nothing but lean tissue naturally. You have to bulk, then cut, or just bulk as lean as possible. By my eyes he just did a slow bulk and gained 20-25 lbs in the time frame and body looks like he did it naturally. 20-25 lbs in 30-36 months is a very appropriate and makes sense because he didn't start the moment he had his last fight, and obviously he had some meandering behaviors in that time frame as well.

Also, it would be physically impossible for Jones to gain 40 lbs of muscle at his age. It just isn't possible, period. Even GSP going from 170 to 185 didn't put on a whole lot of size and he was out for 4 years from ages 32-36. When you reach peak physical development in athletics into your 30's your adaptations just don't occur at the same rate as a kid in his teens or twenties picking up resistance training for the first time.

Lastly, historically, HW division was dominated by guys that weighed between 235-250. Jones sized himself up to the top of that (weighed in at 248, yeah?). It makes sense. In terms of risk/reward, sure, Jon was "ready" if the money is right because there's risk and reward. If they offered Jon $50,000,000 to fight Francis while he was still at 220-225, he'd do it and take the risk. but for reasonable money, I'd wait until I was at least 240, too. As the number on the scale went up for Jon, the money it would take to accept the fight would go down inversely. All of Jones advantages in striking come from length and the threat of the takedown/superior movement. That's a lot harder to do with Francis since Francis is as long and tall as Jon but with more power and bigger in general. There's way more risk, which, is mitigated by Jon putting on the size.

I'm rambling. what was our discussion again? lol

I don't think Jon Jones has been sub-10 body fat for any professional fight in a very very long time. 12? Sure. 11? Possibly. 10? You're pushing it. 9? When? I know the water/carb depletion look can cause you to think they're much leaner than they are, but I would wager he's around 11% on fight night from pictures and comparative bodybuilder analysis with actual indexing tools. Jones is much closer to 20% nowadays, obviously.

I don't recall saying "40 lbs," did I? Maybe in a hyperbolic sense at some point, but realistically Jon put on 20-25 lbs of fairly lean tissue. That's why I said "weight/muscle." You can't, at Jon's age and athletic performance level, gain nothing but lean tissue naturally. You have to bulk, then cut, or just bulk as lean as possible. By my eyes he just did a slow bulk and gained 20-25 lbs in the time frame and body looks like he did it naturally. 20-25 lbs in 30-36 months is a very appropriate and makes sense because he didn't start the moment he had his last fight, and obviously he had some meandering behaviors in that time frame as well.

Also, it would be physically impossible for Jones to gain 40 lbs of muscle at his age. It just isn't possible, period. Even GSP going from 170 to 185 didn't put on a whole lot of size and he was out for 4 years from ages 32-36. When you reach peak physical development in athletics into your 30's your adaptations just don't occur at the same rate as a kid in his teens or twenties picking up resistance training for the first time.

Lastly, historically, HW division was dominated by guys that weighed between 235-250. Jones sized himself up to the top of that (weighed in at 248, yeah?). It makes sense. In terms of risk/reward, sure, Jon was "ready" if the money is right because there's risk and reward. If they offered Jon $50,000,000 to fight Francis while he was still at 220-225, he'd do it and take the risk. but for reasonable money, I'd wait until I was at least 240, too. As the number on the scale went up for Jon, the money it would take to accept the fight would go down inversely. All of Jones advantages in striking come from length and the threat of the takedown/superior movement. That's a lot harder to do with Francis since Francis is as long and tall as Jon but with more power and bigger in general. There's way more risk, which, is mitigated by Jon putting on the size.

you cant reason with nganou fanboys
the one that left was the one that didnt duck
but the one who stayed ducked
these nganou fanboys are delusional
its quite obvious nganou left because he wanted to box for bigger money
if he stayed he will eventualy fight jones and lose
thats why i dont want to debate with nganou fanboys
dudes best wins where 10 years past prime jds
retired cain
and oldman stipe who whopped his ass already lol

It's not his fault francis left.
It wasn't Cormier's fault that Jones had a warrant out for his arrest and was subsequently stripped of his title because of it... and yet here we are, living in a world where Daniel was also a paper champion (at LHW).

let’s say he’s 10-12 when he’s 225. He did not gain 20 lbs of fairly lean tissue… he also is not natural as he’s been pulsing for picos in every fight since his second DC fight.
Gsp also stated he bulked up from 183-185 to 190 for the Bisping fight. He literally gained 5 lbs of lean mass in 4 years off. That’s reasonable for someone his age

How could Jones face someone who didnt want to sign a contract?

<WhatIsThis>

Not when the champion quits instead of fighting the best contenders.

https://www.insider.com/jon-jones-how-ufc-285-star-gained-50-pounds-heavyweight-2023-3

He put on 40 pounds of performance weight. Not playing video games weight.

You keep typing to same dumb shit over and over again despite REALITY.

Francis was offered the highest pay ever to fight Jones and instead of accepting the challenge of defending his belt-

Francis QUIT the UFC, he fled and forfeit the champion title.

The article stated he gained 40 lbs jones himself did not. The article is getting 40lbs because he competed at 205 and weighed in at 245. Again in reality jones himself has stated multiple times in interviews he weighs 225 for his lhw fights. So he gained 20 lbs of fat and some muscle. Jones didn’t want the fivht until the money was right

It wasn't Cormier's fault that Jones had a warrant out for his arrest and was subsequently stripped of his title because of it... and yet here we are, living in a world where Daniel was also a paper champion (at LHW).
Not remotely the same francis chose to leave which is his right jon didn't quit the organization please stop.

It wont happen,but Francis is smart to say so,because alot of people want to see it,and already blame the UFC for not having seen it already.

The article stated he gained 40 lbs jones himself did not. The article is getting 40lbs because he competed at 205 and weighed in at 245. Again in reality jones himself has stated multiple times in interviews he weighs 225 for his lhw fights. So he gained 20 lbs of fat and some muscle. Jones didn’t want the fivht until the money was right
Its performance weight. He fought at 205 and rehydrated to 220

He was 248lbs (over 250lbs) for the Gane fight. Thats actual peek performance weight.

Of coures Jones didnt want the fight until the money was right, no fighter in their right mind fights when the money isnt right.

That said, Francis was offered the highest pay ever, and didnt want to fight Jones. He left.

Last edited:
Haku would gouge out an eye if need be and bite off a nose. And he was a master at karate chops to the neck. Add to that a strength that is far beyond Jon Jones. Haku broke handcuffs when arrested and mace spray didn't bother him much. I think prime Haku would simply manhandle Jones and throw him around at will. Again, no weight limits in real life.

Haku's a scary guy for sure, some of the stories about him are wild. Jones would be 100x more skilled, But Haku would actually put up a fight, what he lacked in skill, he made up for with his insane strength and toughness. A bartender from a bar he use to go to told a story about how one night Haku beat up 6 Marines who were fucking with him. Now I know a Marine's in no way comparable to an MMA fighter. But any man who can beat up 6 dudes is a badass.

Another told a story where 4 bouncers at a bar tried to toss him and all got knocked out. Again, not MMA fighters but that's still a very impressive feat.

I know a lot of wrestlers will exaggerate stories about other wrestlers more than Donald Trump telling one of his tall tales. But I've heard Haku stories from Wrestlers who didn't even like him but admitted they were scared of him. Jones would 100% win but I think Haku would put up a much better fight than most of the HW roster. I mean from his prime, not today.

Haku's a scary guy for sure, some of the stories about him are wild. Jones would be 100x more skilled, But Haku would actually put up a fight, what he lacked in skill, he made up for with his insane strength and toughness. A bartender from a bar he use to go to told a story about how one night Haku beat up 6 Marines who were fucking with him. Now I know a Marine's in no way comparable to an MMA fighter. But any man who can beat up 6 dudes is a badass.

Another told a story where 4 bouncers at a bar tried to toss him and all got knocked out. Again, not MMA fighters but that's still a very impressive feat.

I know a lot of wrestlers will exaggerate stories about other wrestlers more than Donald Trump telling one of his tall tales. But I've heard Haku stories from Wrestlers who didn't even like him but admitted they were scared of him. Jones would 100% win but I think Haku would put up a much better fight than most of the HW roster. I mean from his prime, not today.
Lol. No

I mean, Jones is the definition of a paper champion until Ngannou loses...

Ngannou was an active champ for just 10 months and barely beat a guy who Jon choked in minutes.

Not exactely big shoes to fill.

In a no rules fight Jones can pretty much take out anyone untrained within 20 seconds. I mean, what are they going to do without having eyes? Jon gives no fucks in the cage, I doubt it's very different in real life. Much worse what Jon could do to a person.

Ngannou was an active champ for just 10 months and barely beat a guy who Jon choked in minutes.

Not exactely big shoes to fill.
Francis is 12-2 in the UFC HW division and defeated Stipe for his HW championship, who has won 6 UFC HW championships himself.
Jon is 1-0 in the UFC HW division and defeated Gane for his HW championship, who has won 0 UFC HW championships himself.

Francis is 12-2 in the UFC HW division and defeated Stipe for his HW championship, who has won 6 UFC HW championships himself.
Jon is 1-0 in the UFC HW division and defeated Gane for his HW championship, who has won 0 UFC HW championships himself.
I agree that would have been a tremendous battle, or at least very interesting, but that math can´t give a clue about who would have won.

I agree that would have been a tremendous battle, or at least very interesting, but that math can´t give a clue about who would have won.
It doesn't tell us who would have won.... but it does make Jones the definition of a paper champion at HW.

Jon has yet to beat a champion caliber fighter at HW so far. Maybe he'll go 10-0 at HW, but so far he hasn't done shit in the division.

Last edited:
Back