PBP UFC on ABC 5 - Emmett vs. Topuria Official PBP Discussion - Sat 6/23 at 11:30 AM ET

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Respectable performance from Topuria but Volk would eat him alive
Other than Yair that could potentially give Volk problems.. who does not get eaten alive by Volk at FW?

We are talking about the dude that beat the crap out of Max Holloway.

You'd think they'll give Topuria the next title shot and not make him fight Max or Allen but you never know with the UFC.

It was a great performance no doubt. Not knocking it. Other than I thought he took much of the 5th round off. He was up big
Josh was still swinging bombs in the end, it was his only shot, I'll give Topuria a pass for playing it safe in the 5th in this match. :)

This card delivered
99782-3498515.png

Have a great weekend all <GinJuice>

Card really picked up after the prelims. See you all on the next one, take care!
<RomeroSalute>

Josh was still swinging bombs in the end, it was his only shot, I'll give Topuria a pass for playing it safe in the 5th in this match. :)
Fair enough. He played it safe though. That’s what I’m saying. I’m not saying he didn’t have a great performance, he did. He beat the shit out of Emmett and nearly got him out of there. He took the 5th off knowing he was up. That’s my opinion

I hate these early cards. I guess it's time to go to the craft beer bar and get a day fade.
Berlanga tonight. He isn’t who he was getting built up to be, yet, but still worth a watch

Fair enough. He played it safe though. That’s what I’m saying. I’m not saying he didn’t have a great performance, he did. He beat the shit out of Emmett and nearly got him out of there. He took the 5th off knowing he was up. That’s my opinion

This is what Paddy somehow thought he'd done in that third round against Jared Gordon lmao

Berlanga tonight. He isn’t who he was getting built up to be, yet, but still worth a watch

I blame ESPN for their delusional commentating and marketing. That kid is going to get flattened if he ever takes a real step up.

10-8 rd 3 in a round where Emmett didn’t get hurt and landed his best shots of the fight?(Still lost it for sure)

10-7 rd 4? Nah, 10-8 yeah.

How is it not a 10-7? The corner should have thrown in the towel and the ref could have stopped it multiple times without anyone complaining.

10-8 rd 3 in a round where Emmett didn’t get hurt and landed his best shots of the fight?(Still lost it for sure)

10-7 rd 4? Nah, 10-8 yeah.

Yeah that's bizarre!

Round 3 was about as far away from a 10-8 as you could get.

If Volkanovski doesn't age overnight or lose to Yair, I think he would beat Ilia up something fierce. That said, Topuria is obviously legit. Alex is just on another level at this point, in my opinion.
Agreed. I would favor Max to beat Topuria, too. But I'm very glad to see him fix his defense and his cardio is good, too. Would maybe see him hurt Max a few times (his boxing and counters looked very clean in this fight) but Max would survive and put a bad beating on him in the later rounds imo.

Back