How would prime GSP, Jones and Silva do in their respective divisions today?

GSP and Jones would run through everyone; I would love to see Silva vs Whittaker (not to mention Silva vs Du Plessis, which would be a masterclass, a la the Griffin and Bonnar (RIP) fights).

GSP couldnt finish Dan Hardy---
the least deserving title challenger in ufc history

GSP couldnt finish Dan Hardy---
the least deserving title challenger in ufc history
Jiu Jitsu was probably his weakest area. He was intent on getting a submission specifically and made several attempts. GSP was never in trouble. Hardy was always in trouble. It was incredibly lopsided. GSP was literally practicing his Jiu Jitsu during the fight. It’s called playing with your food. He was seeking a very specific outcome and didn’t deviate from that. There’s more to that fight than just “couldn’t finish him”.

Kos is absolutely nothing like Marty and Colby and Fitch fought the same Maia

The version of Johnny that GSP fought had already been outwrestled by Rick Story, Charlie Brenneman, and Kos.

Look at their FIGHTS, not their ncaa resumes. Kamaru went further in freestyle anyway
Kamaru did worse in ncaa than Hendricks its division 1 vs 2 wtf are you talking about... its not even close

GSP would beat everyone by being a smarter fighter. Khamzat, Shavkat and Leon would all be competitive IMO.

Prime Silva clowns his way to the belt and everyone calls him Daddy

Jones by genetic freak with high fight IQ and deadly eye pokes. Against everyone. Retires as GOAT and then comes back to fight at Heavyweight and retires again.

#picowasaconspiracy

All 3 would be Champs, no problem. Jones and Anderson both would handle top guys in their prime. And I may get flamed for this, but I think GSP comes off the couch right now and beats Leon. And I'm not trying to disrespect Leon, GSP is just a different animal. And even now over 40 years old, he's in shape and has the sharpest mind in the game.

Current fighters are competitive under USADA, we don't know for GSP.

He got destroyed by Serra (TKO in the first round).

Canada is currently completely irrelevant in the UFC which is another asterix about GSP. If Canada was so special, they would continue producing champions today but they don't. Canada was competitive only when the competition was weaker.
This reply wasn’t well thought out.

GSP and Anderson still wouldn't fight each other

anderson-silva-georges-st-pierre.jpg

I will say, seeing prime Anderson Silva punch, kick, elbow, and knee the faces off Strickland, DuPlessis, and Nickal would give me great joy. Anderson’s retired now but maybe I’ll be lucky enough to see Izzy do it instead.

Jiu Jitsu was probably his weakest area. He was intent on getting a submission specifically and made several attempts. GSP was never in trouble. Hardy was always in trouble. It was incredibly lopsided. GSP was literally practicing his Jiu Jitsu during the fight. It’s called playing with your food. He was seeking a very specific outcome and didn’t deviate from that. There’s more to that fight than just “couldn’t finish him”.

also couldn't finish alves, fitch, diaz, condit, kos, hendricks, fitch, or shields...

but blows right through today's best???

also couldn't finish alves, fitch, diaz, condit, kos, hendricks, fitch, or shields...

I don’t recall saying he “blows right through” anybody. And ya he kicked Koscheck and Fitch’s asses. You can’t telI us you’ve seen those fights and think otherwise. Are you one of those folks who thinks a fight holds no weight unless there’s a finish?

Kamaru did worse in ncaa than Hendricks its division 1 vs 2 wtf are you talking about... its not even close

Now you need to work on reading comprehension.

I said Hendricks was better at NCAA.

Kamaru was a better post-college wrestler and MUCH better mma wrestler

I'd take prime GSP over everyone except Shavkat, that fight would be a coin flip.

Anderson is likely pretty even with Izzy and Pereira, that MW title's gonna hot potato between the 3 of them.

Jones runs the LHW division until he fucks up, pops for drugs, or gets bored.

Well...

Shavkat very nearly lost to Geoff Neal.

It doesn't matter if even GSP contradicts them, they'll continue to live in denial : “I don’t believe fighters are better, I believe technology is better. I mean, athletes are not better today than they were before. The technology and the knowledge- access is better. That’s why the fighters are better. It’s not because they are a better person. They’re the same. They just have access easier, and more knowledge.”

https://www.essentiallysports.com/a...-they-were-before-georges-st-pierre-ufc-news/

And his answer is damage control, because MMA is much more widespread and far more popular today, so the competition is obviously tougher. Only Jon Jones can claim to be the real champion in this list since he beat Glover in his prime.

Back