Media Alex Pereira next to 6’9” GLORY heavyweight Jamal Ben Saddik

Who wins if they were to fight (open weight) ?

• Total voters
Assuming the poll is about a kickboxing match, since Ben Saddik is a kickboxer, I'd give Pereira exactly 0% chance to win.
Well it looks like Pereira definitely wasn’t shying away from fighting heavyweights.
He made this clear, by calling out Rico Verhoeven to become triple champ, right after winning the LHW-belt against Artem Vakhitov. Badass move if you ask me

I for sure would favor Jamal though, he’s a hard-hitting killer, but you never know in the fightgame;)
What about MMA?

Well it looks like Pereira definitely wasn’t shying away from fighting heavyweights.
He made this clear, by calling out Rico Verhoeven to become triple champ, right after winning the LHW-belt against Artem Vakhitov. Badass move if you ask me

I for sure would favor Jamal though, he’s a hard-hitting killer, but you never know in the fightgame;)
What about MMA?

Didn't actually know he called out Rico. I guess 0% is a bit harsh because of course anything can happen and Pereira might rock a bigger guy with a solid combo. I just find it hard to see a world where he wouldn't get overwhelmed and overpowered by guys like Rico and Ben Saddik. Remember we've seen MMA fighters move up before and heavy hitter Rumble couldn't even faze "glass chin" Arlovski.

The MMA question is interesting. We haven't seen enough of his grappling to assume he'd be able to ragdoll them in the cage. He should probably be slightly favoured given that he's more comfortable with the smaller gloves and ruleset overall. Not convinced it'd be a walkover though. I assume most of his grappling training has been done in the defensive department.

That Rico fight should have been stopped on that cut. But Glory can't have him losing, lol.
I agree bro, the fight should’ve been stopped with that cut, Rico’s eye was a complete mess…

But in the end he showed the heart of a lion and kept fighting, and ultimately got the job done.
I can only have respect for that, but I was rooting for my boy Jamal and he was so damnn close to become champion… maybe next time:)

upload_2023-7-19_3-3-50.jpeg

I agree bro, the fight should’ve been stopped with that cut, Rico’s eye was a complete mess…

But in the end he showed the heart of a lion and kept fighting, and ultimately got the job done.
I can only have respect for that, but I was rooting for my boy Jamal and he was so damnn close to become champion… maybe next time:)

View attachment 992105

I have no intention of hating on Rico. Fun, talented fighter, but the decision to not stop that fight was egregious.

Didn't actually know he called out Rico. I guess 0% is a bit harsh because of course anything can happen and Pereira might rock a bigger guy with a solid combo. I just find it hard to see a world where he wouldn't get overwhelmed and overpowered by guys like Rico and Ben Saddik. Remember we've seen MMA fighters move up before and heavy hitter Rumble couldn't even faze "glass chin" Arlovski.

The MMA question is interesting. We haven't seen enough of his grappling to assume he'd be able to ragdoll them in the cage. He should probably be slightly favoured given that he's more comfortable with the smaller gloves and ruleset overall. Not convinced it'd be a walkover though. I assume most of his grappling training has been done in the defensive department.
Yeah that’s true.
For sone reason I think Ben Saddik’s striking-style would be a great fit for MMA. All those straight punches, the hard kicks.. I would love to see him make the transition at some point

I have no intention of hating on Rico. Fun, talented fighter, but the decision to not stop that fight was egregious.
I agree man, and ofcourse I know you were just throwing your opinion there and nothing more.

I was there live and really thought the fight would get stopped because of Rico’s eye, for his own safety, that didn’t happen but luckily for him the cut didn’t get worse

No, I haven't seen those - but I'm bookmarking!

You're a great dude, man, love the info you always give on kickboxing!
No problem man:D

A fun fact (or not so fun fact) about Jamal Ben Saddik is that he’s a cancer survivor.
At the moment he’s healthy and doing fine, but he’s still getting monitored every now and then because it wouldn’t be the first time his cancer came back…

JBS has had a hard time during his career when he got sick again. I’ve got a ton of respect for the guy for nog giving up in life and in kickboxing!

Yes you had, you said he was privileged by the organization.

Since when is Rico the organization? He's big business for them. I'm sure it had something to do with the decision not to stop it. I didn't hate on him personally. Take it how you'd like. I could not care less.

Since when is Rico the organization? He's big business for them. I'm sure it had something to do with their decision. I didn't hate on him personally. Take it how you'd like. I could not care less.
What, Rico is the organization? what the fuck you are talking about?

No problem man:D

A fun fact (or not so fun fact) about Jamal Ben Saddik is that he’s a cancer survivor.
At the moment he’s healthy and doing fine, but he’s still getting monitored every now and then because it wouldn’t be the first time his cancer came back…

JBS has had a hard time during his career when he got sick again. I’ve got a ton of respect for the guy for nog giving up in life and in kickboxing!

Wow, really?

That's fucking awesome.

Imagine competing at that level with cancer trying to run you down. I admire him more just for knowing that.

What, Rico is the organization? what the fuck you are talking about?
He means that he “blames” GLORY for letting the fight continue, not the fighter.
I have to say when it comes down to it the ring-doctor (and his decision) is independent from the organization, but still, Sub wasn’t shitting on Rico by any means man.

He means that he “blames” GLORY for letting the fight continue, not the fighter.
I have to say when it comes down to it the ring-doctor (and his decision) is independent from the organization, but still, Sub wasn’t shitting on Rico by any means man.
Well, if you read what he wrote and the context, he was accusing the organization of giving Rico privilege. Basically an excuse.

Wow, really?

That's fucking awesome.

Imagine competing at that level with cancer trying to run you down. I admire him more just for knowing that.
Yeah his story is truly amazing.

There’s an inspiring three-part documentary about his life and career (all the ups and downs), it’s on Dutch, Belgian and Moroccan streaming services.

I’ve found two parts on Youtube if you’re interested. I’m not sure if there’s a possibility to put on English subtitles though.. anyways, here are two parts of his documentary:

Yeah his story is truly amazing.

There’s an inspiring three-part documentary about his life and career (all the ups and downs), it’s on Dutch, Belgian and Moroccan streaming services.

I’ve found two parts on Youtube if you’re interested. I’m not sure if there’s a possibility to put on English subtitles though.. anyways, here are two parts of his documentary:

Yeah, man, you can go into YouTube (rather than embed) and turn on auto translate into any language.

Won't be perfect, but should be able to get the overall meaning of most things.

Back