News July 25 Naoya Inoue vs Stephen Fulton

By the way, is any network streaming this for free? I am now in Korea, the same time zone as Japan, and it seems none of the local channels are airing this. They used to air big fights live, but they're not doing it Inoue and he is big in the Korean boxing community. Boxing has fallen so far in popularity in the general public its sad.

Are there any western or Japanese sites I can go to?

By the way, is any network streaming this for free? I am now in Korea, the same time zone as Japan, and it seems none of the local channels are airing this. They used to air big fights live, but they're not doing it Inoue and he is big in the Korean boxing community. Boxing has fallen so far in popularity in the general public its sad.

huh, Naoya is a superstar in japan. This is a big fight over in japan. Just because it's not streamed for free doesn't mean anything. Networks have to buy the rights to stream that fight so makes sense you have to pay something to watch it. Still better and cheaper than buying a ppv card in the US

huh, Naoya is a superstar in japan. This is a big fight over in japan. Just because it's not streamed for free doesn't mean anything. Networks have to buy the rights to stream that fight so makes sense you have to pay something to watch it. Still better and cheaper than buying a ppv card in the US

I used to live in Korea years back and some sports stations used to buy the rights to air fights live and I would watch them for free. I watched every Cotto fight live for free and nobody knows who Cotto is in Korea unless they're big boxing fans. They also aired GGG's fights because he's like quarter Korean or whatever. Inoue while not famous like footballers or baseball players, gets talked about. Koreans knew about Inoue long before he started to become globally known. Makes sense since he's right next door. But it seems those same sports channels aren't buying rights to boxing matches anymore even for someone like Inoue.

The paid sites I looked up like ESPN+ won't work either because I'm not in the US. The site just gives me an error.

Stupid

Japs dont cheat like that far too much honor

theyre just grasping for the inevitable

Man this is why I need to avoid comments on social media. Some people truly are stupid.

I remember one post I saw on Instagram where people were questioning Inoue's skills because he hasn't fought a black guy yet.

I used to live in Korea years back and some sports stations used to buy the rights to air fights live and I would watch them for free. I watched every Cotto fight live for free and nobody knows who Cotto is in Korea unless they're big boxing fans. They also aired GGG's fights because he's like quarter Korean or whatever. Inoue while not famous like footballers or baseball players, gets talked about. Koreans knew about Inoue long before he started to become globally known. Makes sense since he's right next door. But it seems those same sports channels aren't buying rights to boxing matches anymore even for someone like Inoue.

The paid sites I looked up like ESPN+ won't work either because I'm not in the US. The site just gives me an error.

you can buy a monthly subscription for a super fast vpn for 5 dollars. Try mullvad

Fulton seems cool, there isn't really anything to dislike about him.

But the more I think about it the more I'd like to knock that little "wahid" fella out cold. The Japanese are generally pretty welcoming and respectful to visiting fighters, they are also giving Fulton a career high payday. And how does this slimy manager respond? By publicly and baselessly accusing their national boxing hero of cheating, with the only "evidence" being a freely available locker room video. If this was a plasterito type scenario with an actual concrete cast? Fair enough, but clearly it isn't, he's wrapping his hands legally in Japan.

And threatening to pull out if Inoue continues to wrap his hands in a legal way, great idea just leave that huge payday on the table :D

who did it?

https://www.boxingscene.com/inoue-admits-he-punished-rodriguez-over-incident-with-father--139281

Shingo Inoue, father and coach of Naoya, was using his smartphone to take pictures while Rodriguez was doing his training. Then, Williams Cruz, coach of Rodriguez, suddenly came over and and shoved Shingo Inoue to prevent him from taking further photos.

Naoya Inoue was not present when this happened, but he wanted to do a lot of damage when he entered the ring.

"Truly, this event that happened to my father was an incident that got me angry.... because of the behavior of Puerto Rican coach with no respect for my father. This is the reason why I decided to jump right into the fight to knock Emmanuel Rodriguez out at all costs, to hit him as hard as ever in a vindictive way."

BARD says it's on KBS and MBC:
The fight will be broadcast live on these stations on Tuesday, July 25, 2023, starting at 5:00 AM KST.

I'm not sure why you'd expect it to be streamed for free.

It is sad yes. Has MMA taken its place in Korea or is it a simple case of boxing just not being as popular as it used to be?

I've been rewatching a bit of Fulton and Inoue fights and the more I look at it, I think this is an easier fight for Inoue than I initially thought.

Fulton is a simpler fighter than at first glance. He's fast and "slick" so he looks fancy, but he seems to just have an "offense mode" and "defense mode" where he attacks and then defends. He doesn't keep his head off center when he punches, he doesn't look for counters and looks to counter the counters; when he's in defense mode, he's just on his backfoot and takes him more effort to get back into offense mode. Inoue in contrast draws out counters to counter and looks to counter when he's being attacked. He meshes offense and defense much better. I think Fulton will be open to Inoue's counters and will get blasted when he tries to attack.

BARD says it's on KBS and MBC:
The fight will be broadcast live on these stations on Tuesday, July 25, 2023, starting at 5:00 AM KST.

I'm not sure why you'd expect it to be streamed for free.

Because it used to be. What's BARD?

It is sad yes. Has MMA taken its place in Korea or is it a simple case of boxing just not being as popular as it used to be?
Well, local events take place all the time. Local boxing and MMA events happen, they're just small scale.

I remember there was a channel that showed extreme sports and action movies that would air UFC events live regularly. Not sure if they still do now since I don't follow MMA anymore, but it did seem like UFC events were shown more than boxing in general.

ok Bing chat says no channels are showing it in SK but bard says:
Yes, MBC Sports+ will be showing the Naoya Inoue vs Stephen Fulton fight. The fight will be broadcast live on MBC Sports+ on Tuesday, July 25, 2023, starting at 5:00 AM KST.

You can also watch the fight online through DAZN (South Korea), Wavve, and TVING.

I hope this helps!

I've been rewatching a bit of Fulton and Inoue fights and the more I look at it, I think this is an easier fight for Inoue than I initially thought.

Fulton is a simpler fighter than at first glance. He's fast and "slick" so he looks fancy, but he seems to just have an "offense mode" and "defense mode" where he attacks and then defends. He doesn't keep his head off center when he punches, he doesn't look for counters and looks to counter the counters; when he's in defense mode, he's just on his backfoot and takes him more effort to get back into offense mode. Inoue in contrast draws out counters to counter and looks to counter when he's being attacked. He meshes offense and defense much better. I think Fulton will be open to Inoue's counters and will get blasted when he tries to attack.

Because it used to be. What's BARD?

Well, local events take place all the time. Local boxing and MMA events happen, they're just small scale.

I remember there was a channel that showed extreme sports and action movies that would air UFC events live regularly. Not sure if they still do now since I don't follow MMA anymore, but it did seem like UFC events were shown more than boxing in general.
see post above, google bard is google's ChatGPT equivalent

Google bard says it will be on MBC+ but Bing chat says no stations are showing it so idk

I've noticed bard is prone to making up info incorrectly prompted though. Bing chat also outright makes errors then won't admit its mistake when shown

Back