News July 25 Naoya Inoue vs Stephen Fulton

i highly doubt he prefers to fight in japan because they let him wrap his hands like that.
Right. The simpler explanation would be that he just wants to stay local which would also provide him home advantage. No need to travel. There might be other reasons that are of significance but I'm not in his head. As I said previously, he has fought in places that don't allow that kind of hand wrapping and he didn't look any less powerful.

Right. The simpler explanation would be that he just wants to stay local which would also provide him home advantage. No need to travel. There might be other reasons that are of significance but I'm not in his head. As I said previously, he has fought in places that don't allow that kind of hand wrapping and he didn't look any less powerful.

my advanced course in watching Hajime no Ippo tells me that Japanese boxers fight at home because they get robbed in most of Asia and aren't considered note worthy in the west

again, what's the problem if it's legal?

i remember abel sanchez complaining in canelo's locker room when they were wrapping his hands that they were stacking. i'm not sure about the result of that, but i think the commissioner told them it was fine.

"they are loading gloves and i have proof on my phone" is not the appropriate way to describe the situation. "they're wrapping hands in a legal way that i disagree with" is more apt, but doesn't give them the chance to clutch at their pearls in indignation. in fact, it's so fucking far off the mark he might as well be saying inoue has horseshoes stitched into the gloves.
If it acts as loaded gloves and makes it harder or more dense, i understand the call outs to see degree.
Its illegal under certain commissions...Also, as @Kovalev's "Man Bag" has mentioned looks like even Nevada considered or considering reversing it as well.

Since Vegas is the fight capital of the world and most of the big fights happen there I'm cool with them setting precedent on it either way.

If it acts as loaded gloves and makes it harder or more dense, i understand the call outs to see degree.
Its illegal under certain commissions...Also, as @Kovalev's "Man Bag" has mentioned looks like even Nevada considered or considering reversing it as well.

Since Vegas is the fight capital of the world and most of the big fights happen there I'm cool with them setting precedent on it either way.
right, and it's not illegal anywhere where he does it. so the trainer is a fucking moron, and inoue hasn't done anything wrong in this regard.

right, and it's not illegal anywhere where he does it. so the trainer is a fucking moron, and inoue hasn't done anything wrong in this regard.
I see both sides of the issue. There are also people who wrap at an elite pro level who have opposing takes.
Fulton is/was kind of a hot prospect so I would of thought his team might of encountered this before or are used to Nevada commission rules.

But probably just a ploy to get in his head. Not a big deal if he doesn't actually try to pull his fighter on fight night. Or a ploy to just negate the power anyway he can.

So when is this fight actually on? I’m all confused as it’s on a random day, and an even more random time!
I’m in London tomorrow and off work Tuesday so hopefully Tuesday am gmt??

So when is this fight actually on? I’m all confused as it’s on a random day, and an even more random time!

If it's Tuesday night in Japan (why Tuesday? :D) then it's probably going to be on around 2pm here.

Tuesday morning at 9:30 AM British Time the card will start. So expect the main event somewhere around 1 PM your time. It'll be early in the morning here in the Eastern US but I'll be up.

Last edited:
Tuesday morning at 9:30 AM British Time the card will start. So expect the main event somewhere around 11:30 AM your time. It'll be very early in the morning here in the Eastern US but I'll be up.

Japan is currently 8 hours ahead of GMT, so you're saying the main event is starting around 7:30pm in Japan?? Seems ludicrously early, I was expecting it to be more like 10pm as per usual.

Japan is currently 8 hours ahead of GMT, so you're saying the main event is starting around 7:30pm in Japan?? Seems ludicrously early, I was expecting it to be more like 10pm as per usual.
That's what it's looking like. Yes. Usually it's around 2 hours after the card starts which would put it at around 7:30 PM Tokyo local time. We don't know exactly when the main event ring walks will be but we do know when the event starts.

Back