News July 25 Naoya Inoue vs Stephen Fulton

Because Naoya Inoue is better than anyone Stephen Fulton has ever fought before.

what are y'all not getting? i feel like i'm talking to a bunch of knuckleheads or boxing casuals. dude, there is a reason this was a highly anticipated match up. it was because BOTH fighters were going up against presumably the best fighter they ever faced. the reason they are debating about inoue being #1 pfp after this fight is because fulton was supposed to be a great talent too...but inoue made him look run of the mill.

do you understand that?

This is what you said is it not? And you’re moving goalposts, saying he was off and didn’t look properly prepared. Inoue had a knuckle injury which postponed the fight.
when did i say anything about not being properly prepared? i mean he was out for 13 months, but i don't even use that excuse for fulton. if you ask me, i think it was more a case of nerves for fulton and inoue being better than fulton expected.

so, i got a fight prediction wrong. i bet nothing remotely similar to that has ever happened to you, huh?

what are y'all not getting? i feel like i'm talking to a bunch of knuckleheads or boxing casuals. dude, there is a reason this was a highly anticipated match up. it was because BOTH fighters were going up against presumably the best fighter they ever faced. the reason they are debating about inoue being #1 pfp after this fight is because fulton was supposed to be a great talent too...but inoue made him look run of the mill.

do you understand that?

Yes, i understand that you said Naoya had fought in weak divisions and that Fulton would outclass him, and then Naoya won every round with ease and flattened Fulton.

Naoya Inoue had more trouble with Nonito Donaire than he had with Stephen Fulton. There are levels in boxing, and Fulton at his best is below Naoya Inoue.

Do you understand that?

Yes, i understand that you said Naoya had fought in weak divisions and that Fulton would outclass him, and then Naoya won every round with ease and flattened Fulton.

Naoya Inoue had more trouble with Nonito Donaire than he had with Stephen Fulton. There are levels in boxing, and Fulton at his best is below Naoya Inoue.

Do you understand that?
Fulton's a beast though. I think he should a lot of courage and resourcefulness against someone who is going to be remembered as an all-time great. That showed a lot to come out in the 7th like he did, after the beating he'd taken to that point.

Do you understand that?
are you a fuckin moron? i just saw the fight. i scored every round for inoue except for one. wtf is your problem? you got a bug up your ass because i was rooting against your hero? grow up, little man. inoue won tonight. just take your w and go in your little corner and be happy.

This was worst-case scenario for Fulton. If he had gone the distance and made it competitive while still losing, he may have been able to swing a rematch in America, but instead he lost every round and got finished. I will still give him props, there aren't many fighters (let alone unified champs) who will go to the challenger's home country and fight at such a drastically different time than they are used to.

that might have something to do with it....fulton just looked so slow. his reaction time was off, he couldn't pull the trigger.
Here you’re insinuating that Fulton should have taken a tune up fight….

I'm sure Spence or Crawford will be labeled as number 1 next due to how big there fight is but this guy is clearly the most impressive boxer on the planet

Fulton's a beast though. I think he should a lot of courage and resourcefulness against someone who is going to be remembered as an all-time great. That showed a lot to come out in the 7th like he did, after the beating he'd taken to that point.
lets be honest...fulton showed nothing. a huge letdown.

Also, I couldn't believe Fulton got up after the first KD, he looked dead when he was laying under the ropes.
Yeah he got flash kod lol. You already knew it was over when he got up from that shot. No way inoues letting you off the hook after knocking you down like that

Back