News July 25 Naoya Inoue vs Stephen Fulton

I'm sure Spence or Crawford will be labeled as number 1 next due to how big there fight is but this guy is clearly the most impressive boxer on the planet
a few days ago, fulton was a bum who was gonna get blown out by inoue...now he's good enough that beating him puts inoue at pfp #1...yeah whatever.

Fulton's a beast though. I think he should a lot of courage and resourcefulness against someone who is going to be remembered as an all-time great. That showed a lot to come out in the 7th like he did, after the beating he'd taken to that point.

Oh absolutely. That's why i don't like when someone's immediate reaction to him losing to a supremely better fighter is..

- He had a long layoff
- He isn't Tank or Haney
- He didn't really try to do anything to Inoue
- Inoue isn't special

I'd never watched Fulton, and whether it was his own doing, Inoue's forcing, or both, he looked like garbage.

Inoue looked great again. Always fun to watch.

lets be honest...fulton showed nothing. a huge letdown.
I don't agree with that at all. I think he showed plenty. Inoue was just on another playing field. For Fulton to keep trying to win like he did when things seemed by all rights hopeless showed a ton of character, for one thing. He was also impressive defensively throughout the fight; he was able to pick off most of Inoue's shots on his gloves, even if he seemed to still reel from the impact at points.

Insane to me people are still debating P4P after what we just saw. Inoue was -450 and looked -1000.... Fulton was no. 1 in division. Top 20 P4P level talent and Inoue made him look like a complete novice, shutout and then splattered him. Nothing Spence Bud winner does is overtaking Inoue as best boxer in world.
beating fulton doesn't make anybody pfp #1

a few days ago, fulton was a bum who was gonna get blown out by inoue...now he's good enough that beating him puts inoue at pfp #1...yeah whatever.
I didn't think he was a bum I wrongly believed that Inoue might actually be in real trouble and would find his ceiling

point out specific instances where people on this forum called Fulton a bum, with names of posters, if thats what you really think.
everyone i saw was saying Fulton is a big test for Inoue and might be too big. now Inoue proved that wrong. sorry if you lost money betting on Fulton or something, but he was simply outclassed by Inoue.

I'd never watched Fulton, and whether it was his own doing, Inoue's forcing, or both, he looked like garbage.

Inoue looked great again. Always fun to watch.
thank you for your honest assessment. i have seen fulton fight several times before...and tonight he looked very ordinary compared with previous fights. so ordinary in fact, i think moloney could move up an beat him.

I don't agree with that at all. I think he showed plenty. Inoue was just on another playing field. For Fulton to keep trying to win like he did when things seemed by all rights hopeless showed a ton of character, for one thing. He was also impressive defensively throughout the fight; he was able to pick off most of Inoue's shots on his gloves, even if he seemed to still reel from the impact at points.
well, anybody can keep trying...that doesn't take skill or ability. what i'm talking about was how fulton seemed so slow...so hittable. unable to make adjustments. unable to pull the trigger....it was like target practice for inoue in there, and i'm a fulton fan.

well, anybody can keep trying...that doesn't take skill or ability. what i'm talking about was how fulton seemed so slow...so hittable. unable to make adjustments. unable to pull the trigger....it was like target practice for inoue in there, and i'm a fulton fan.
I don't think he seemed particularly hittable; that was all about who he was in there with. Inoue shut down his movement but Fulton was still deflecting most of Inoue's offense, even when Inoue was teeing off.

are you a fuckin moron? i just saw the fight. i scored every round for inoue except for one. wtf is your problem? you got a bug up your ass because i was rooting against your hero? grow up, little man. inoue won tonight. just take your w and go in your little corner and be happy.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

No, little child. I have no problem with someone being wrong, we're all wrong sometimes, even @borntoloseNOT thought Ryan Garcia would beat Tank (sorry bro). The problem i have is when a fight doesn't go someone's way and they immediately try to discredit and make excuses before the dust has even settled in some sort of effort to save face. It's cowardly and proves that you're just an insignificant little man who can't admit when he was wrong.

Just like when you proclaimed BJS would whoop Canelo, and then when Canelo whooped BJS you cried all night and got yourself banned for claiming it was a fixed fight.

We've come full circle. Get a life you pitiful little turd.

This was worst-case scenario for Fulton. If he had gone the distance and made it competitive while still losing, he may have been able to swing a rematch in America, but instead he lost every round and got finished. I will still give him props, there aren't many fighters (let alone unified champs) who will go to the challenger's home country and fight at such a drastically different time than they are used to.
also, never make stacking comments about your opponent until after a fight if you have to

It can make you look like an even bigger idiot

Back