Would Crawford be competitive with Canelo?

Come on guys. Canelo is knocking out 168lbers and was still pretty damn competitive against a legit 175lber.
Let's not get too carried away here.
He couldn't knock out old ass GGG/Floyd. Canelo is good, but we've never seen him stop an elite fighter. Canelo couldn't even get the knockout on Ryder. I think Crawford could make it competitive, at the very least he could go the distance.

Come on guys. Canelo is knocking out 168lbers and was still pretty damn competitive against a legit 175lber.
Let's not get too carried away here.
Everybody is asking for Canelo vs Benavidez. Can you imagine Crawford vs Benavidez? David would kill him. Why we’re even matching up Bud with the elite from 3 weight classes higher is beyong me.

Oh, are we not talking about if they were both the same weight right now? There's no way of knowing how Crawford would do at 160, so 168 is impossible to tell.

They are the about the same height. Crawford said he has a hard time making 147 too. I can see the fight happening. Would be awesome.

If charlo gets destroyed by Canelo then no way can Crawford compete. But if it’s competitive why wouldn’t Crawford compete?

Had they crossed paths when Canelo was at junior welter and welter, i believe Crawford would have been too much for Canelo. He was still growing and has shown that he’s fighting more in his natural weight class now. If they meet today, i just think the size advantage and durability of Canelo would be a bridge too far for Bud to overcome. Weight classes for a reason and all that.

I think Crawford could not afford to get hit with anything from Canelo
Canelo has folded guys that can fight at LHW. Those transitions usually take years to be successful. Crawford is already 35.

Recipe for disaster but Id sure as hell watch two generational talents go at it lol.

Amir Khan did pretty well against Canelo in the first 4 rounds, but his chin is made of glass. Not saying Crawford can win, but I think he puts up a really good showing.

Amir Khan did pretty well against Canelo in the first 4 rounds, but his chin is made of glass. Not saying Crawford can win, but I think he puts up a really good showing.
Khan was lucky to walk away from that without permanent damage. Canelo is a weight bully at the best of times - that fight should never have been sanctioned.

Crawford is a top 5 p4p but Canelo is just too big and powerful.

Back