Social Asylum seeker says he was told Hamilton had more space than Toronto. Now he's one of many living in

Why these "refugees" aren't trying to fix their own shitholes?

Because that's too difficult and they know deep down it'll never work. People around the world view the West as a free meal ticket.

Canada is just following Blackrock's Century Initiative, accelerated by WEF lackey Trudeau and his appointees. The goal is to get Canada's population to 100M by 2100, hence the insane immigration rates of 500,000+ per year expected by 2025. It's all about creating a disjointed postnational state with no core identity, no trust between citizens, no social services and no housing, no shared values or culture, aside from a worship of 'diversity and inclusion' i.e. a culture of cultural self-destruction and erasure, which only preoccupies itself with mindless consumption and generating money for ever-growing business conglomerates, with the rootless citizens piled up in overcrowded mega cities. All these refugees and immigrants running to Canada thinking they've hit the jackpot are just tools being used to destroy the country on all levels. It's not their fault per se, they're just being used for something. Some of the immigrants from the earlier waves have already sussed out that these insane immigration rates are going to destroy the very quality of life they immigrated to Canada for. The smart money is actually on leaving Canada; it's running on fumes. There's maybe a decade left of decent life here, tops, but after that the ship is going to sink to the bottom of the ocean with all the people on board. These immigrants are not getting what they think they're getting except a front-row seat to the trainwreck they helped create.

In the cities, sure. But the small towns will he fine.

Canada is just following Blackrock's Century Initiative, accelerated by WEF lackey Trudeau and his appointees. The goal is to get Canada's population to 100M by 2100, hence the insane immigration rates of 500,000+ per year expected by 2025. It's all about creating a disjointed postnational state with no core identity, no trust between citizens, no social services and no housing, no shared values or culture, aside from a worship of 'diversity and inclusion' i.e. a culture of cultural self-destruction and erasure, which only preoccupies itself with mindless consumption and generating money for ever-growing business conglomerates, with the rootless citizens piled up in overcrowded mega cities. All these refugees and immigrants running to Canada thinking they've hit the jackpot are just tools being used to destroy the country on all levels. It's not their fault per se, they're just being used for something. Some of the immigrants from the earlier waves have already sussed out that these insane immigration rates are going to destroy the very quality of life they immigrated to Canada for. The smart money is actually on leaving Canada; it's running on fumes. There's maybe a decade left of decent life here, tops, but after that the ship is going to sink to the bottom of the ocean with all the people on board. These immigrants are not getting what they think they're getting except a front-row seat to the trainwreck they helped create.

Holy fuck, why have I never heard of this before? Just looked it up, they want to turn Toronto population into the size of Tokyo. How the fuck do you need to triple a population to deal with health care and pensions. That's insane. I've ridden both the Toronto subway system and the Tokyo subway system and good luck turning that lump of shit subway system in Toronto to something that will rival the one in Tokyo lol. I guess most people over the next few decades will not be expected to travel much away from their home.

Last edited:
Every single fast food and cleaning job in halifax is taken by an immigrant now.

These folks were brought over to fill the need for easy labor. When they get here they are told their doctor training is no good and they have to start over because they don't meet western standards.

Immigration is now basically a tool to have non-white folks willingly come clean toilets so the government can "stop wage inflation"(I.e giving raises to make jobs appealing) all under the camouflage of "diversity "

It's a step above slave labor
Don’t forget how it affects the rental market and housing market. Trudeau and his rich buddies are making a killing gaming the housing market in their favour and pumping the country full of new Canadians.

I built a home for about 320k. I just sold it to someone from Ontario for 4x that after only living in it for 4 years. I didn’t even have it listed - an agent approached me. Locals can’t afford these prices. There’s people driving around everywhere, trying to get people to sell even in rural maritime communities because of the shortage.

It’s fine to build in a rural area, especially as someone who can do it himself but the amount of fees, red tape, regulation and cost are by design. That way, only developers can build in big cities and control the markets.

We’re seeing the next level of crony capitalism take root as the rich have our government rig the system more aggressively than they ever have while we fight amongst ourselves about a Jason Aldean song, a beer brand and previously vaccines. Clown world.

For real. They even posted such on the official government site lol
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigratio...ters/growing-canada-future/food-services.html

The food services sector is one of the top employers in Canada. There are 1.16 million employees in the sector, an increase of 9% since 2015. But restaurant and other food service businesses still need workers.
As of September 2019, more than 67,000 jobs were unfilled, more than any other main sector of the Canadian economy. In 2019, more than half of Restaurants Canada’s members had trouble finding workers for “back-of-house” jobs (Restaurants Canada, 2019 employer survey). Immigrants will remain an important source of workers for this industry in the years ahead.
Why is that wrong? Countries benefit from that kind of immigration. If there are unfilled jobs then doesn't it make sense to allow immigration so the market can better meet demand? A growing economy is the basis of prosperity and that kind of immigration is necessary for growth.

Why is that wrong? Countries benefit from that kind of immigration. If there are unfilled jobs then doesn't it make sense to allow immigration so the market can better meet demand? A growing economy is the basis of prosperity and that kind of immigration is necessary for growth.
It’s being done on purpose to keep wages low, keep rent and housing high and it’s hurting us.

We have doctors from other countries working at Burger King because it’s next to impossible to get credentialed right now. Insane. They’re gaming the system to get the rich richer off of this.

It’s being done on purpose to keep wages low, keep rent and housing high and it’s hurting us.

We have doctors from other countries working at Burger King because it’s next to impossible to get credentialed right now. Insane. They’re gaming the system to get the rich richer off of this.
The reason rents are high is because the building of housing to meet demand has for a long time been needlessly restricted in large swathes of North American suburbs for purely aesthetic reasons. If you stopped immigration you might prevent home prices from continuing to swell at their current rate but it'd be at the cost of an aging society with significantly lesser growth. Its better to allow both the immigration and more housing rather than restricting both.

The reason rents are high is because the building of housing to meet demand has for a long time been needlessly restricted in large swathes of North American suburbs for purely aesthetic reasons. If you stopped immigration you might prevent home prices from continuing to swell at their current rate but it'd be at the cost of an aging society with significantly lesser growth. Its better to allow both the immigration and more housing rather than restricting both.
Or we could lower numbers, give the middle finger to NIMBYs and start building.

Adding the current rate of immigrants to Canada that we are is only causing problems and pouring fuel on the fire.

Or we could lower numbers, give the middle finger to NIMBYs and start building.

Adding the current rate of immigrants to Canada that we are is only causing problems and pouring fuel on the fire.
That's preferable when compared to not building but I don't think that building more and allowing immigration are mutually exclusive and if anything they are mutually reinforcing.

Because that's too difficult and they know deep down it'll never work. People around the world view the West as a free meal ticket.

I mean they - most of them - are incapable personally of demanding a doctor treat their sick child. They are fleeing a wretched ship and yeah, the west is the golden fleece and if I was in their shoes I'd be doing the same. Ultimately everyone wants a level of comfort in their short time on the planet. If it's offered elsewhere......I'd go tomorrow.

I mean they - most of them - are incapable personally of demanding a doctor treat their sick child. They are fleeing a wretched ship and yeah, the west is the golden fleece and if I was in their shoes I'd be doing the same. Ultimately everyone wants a level of comfort in their short time on the planet. If it's offered elsewhere......I'd go tomorrow.

The irony is that mass immigration will put an end to mass immigration. The West, in its current state, is desirable to live in, which is why they're always fleeing there. But the more the West takes in, the less desirable a place it will be to migrate to.

Unfortunately having jobs that are unfilled, doesn't trump the fact there are not enough places to live. Those jobs just need to pay better so people will want to do them.

Why are you assuming that these immigrants are not a burden and can operate in a complex civilized society? There's a reason their original countries are shitholes and they aren't doing anything to fix it...

Holy fuck, why have I never heard of this before? Just looked it up, they want to turn Toronto population into the size of Tokyo. How the fuck do you need to triple a population to deal with health care and pensions. That's insane. I've ridden both the Toronto subway system and the Tokyo subway system and good luck turning that lump of shit subway system in Toronto to something that will rival the one in Tokyo lol. I guess most people over the next few decades will not be expected to travel much away from their home.
*travel much away from their living pod

That only accounts for a comparably small geographic area in the Center of a handful of major cities here. House prices of course have risen across the country, often at a comparable rate, despite the specific environment. That would seem to imply there are significantly greater building restrictions having effect than 3/4 century old neiggbourhoods not wanting corporate interests to replace family dwellings with high density rental properties.

Unfortunately having jobs that are unfilled, doesn't trump the fact there are not enough places to live. Those jobs just need to pay better so people will want to do them.
The solution is to add more places to live and allow more immigration.
That only accounts for a comparably small geographic area in the Center of a handful of major cities here. House prices of course have risen across the country, often at a comparable rate, despite the specific environment. That would seem to imply there are significantly greater building restrictions having effect than 3/4 century old neiggbourhoods not wanting corporate interests to replace family dwellings with high density rental properties.
You don't need corporate interests to add more housing. Part of the reason housing regulations against multifamily dwellings came about in Canada is because of so called "Monster Houses", homes that started out as single family homes but were renovated by immigrants into multifamily dwellings as their families grew. That's very common across history, for the first generation to live in a smaller family dwelling only for it to expanded across generations as the family grows. A neighbor of my friend's had bought a multi-acre property that he wanted to build a 2nd dwelling on for his elderly parents. Zoning laws prevented this and he fought with the city for so long that his parents died before he could move them into their own dwelling. I disagree with that, folks should be allowed to invest in their own dwellings and increase the living space. I'm not really a urban type so I don't care for the concrete jungle look but I see no reason why things like ADUs and multiplexes should be disallowed in suburbs.

Or they could, you know, raise wages to a rate that attracts staff and perhaps prioritize bringing in immigrants that fill more pressing needs we are super short in like carpentry, plumbing, trades in general.

We have a current extreme housing crisis in almost every province and halifax nova scotia is one of the worst hit since all new canadians end up here. Cost of housing doubled in 3 years, as did cost of rent. Turns out, Bringing in 12000 more new Canadians a year to this little city when you only build 3000 units of living space a year isn't ideal. The new target is like to build 7500 a year in new units, but its been deemed impossible as we don't have the capability. Rent for a 2 bedroom apartment went from $1250 to $2400 a month very quickly. Vacancy is now at nearly 0% and we have tent cities popping up everywhere. 3 bedroom, no basement Houses that sold for $170000 in 2018 now sell for $410000 on my street and started doing so n 2020. It's absolute insanity and endless growth is impossible and we now have a huge bubble on the horizon.

Folks who have to renew a 2018 $170000-200000 this year felt the sting. But only to the tune of $300-$400 a month. Which still stings.
Folks who bought at 2% interest rates on a 5 year fixed on inflated $400000-$600000 houses are now seeing the looming 2025 renewal for their mortgage coming up at 6%. They need to figure out a way to make $1000-$1400 more per month just to make payments by 2025. It's not going to be pretty.

I had this conversation in the lounge 2 years ago with @irish_thug as I was talking myself into renewing in July 2021 at a 10 year at 3% rather than a 5 year at 2% because I was convinced I saw this coming. As it turns out, I'm on 3% till the early 2030's now and a bunch of folks told me I was crazy and that rates were not going to go up because Trudeau and Tiff Macklem said they wouldn't.

My gut on housing is usually right. Had I not followed it, I would be looking at $400 more a month starting in 2026. There is no way rates are going back to that record low anytime in the next 20 years

And I'm one of the lucky ones.

The solution is to add more places to live and allow more immigration.

Rather than just pay more for the jobs that can't be filled? Supply and demand, that's what it boils down to. If someone has a position that they need filling , then pay enough to attract potential candidates. Providing yet more housing to already overcrowded countries to allow people from much larger countries to flood in, is not only long winded, it's not addressing the bigger problem. The country's own people. Not to mention that it makes absolutely zero sense to allow people from massive countries to flood to often smaller countries just because they fancy the 'better life' and relaxed culture that the other country has simply on the basis of there being job vacancies.

Because with the boomers, entitlement reform is a no go and boomers vote.

You can't fix the issues Canada has because these people will give away the whole country before they give up their entitlements.

Back