Media Conor McGregor says he signed contract to fight Gaethje

USADA isn't preventing shit. The UFC liberally chooses when to apply (and more importantly, when not to) the USADA code for drug testing.

There's a reason why the UFC can get last-minute replacements into the UFC without USADA needing the usual "six month waiting period" that people like Conor would be subjected to.
Yeah, but that rule is to benefit the newcomer rather than the UFC, sure some new guys have been brought in to face a high profile fighter, but in that case its not bending any rules, the rule itself is there, no real exemption required, returning fighters like Conor require the 6 month testing, which the UFC will exempt Conor of 100%, there is no doubt about that, not the point of my original comment tho.

Serious question...Could he, or could the UFC send him a fight agreement if he isnt eligible to fight?...not being a smartass here, can fighters sign contracts/agreements with a future date that would met USADA guidelines if they are not cleared at the time of signing?

Probably, USADA isn’t legally required, it’s something voluntarily done on the part of the UFC. They could technically refuse USADA’s services at the end of their contract, it could cause problems maybe with ESPN and other deals but those are all private contractual obligations.

I would think they definitely can execute a contract with Conor while he’s not USADA approved, but hey, just pure speculation without seeing all the contracts each party has with each.

It doesn’t mean nothing, people have been sued for statements that are far more ambiguous than this statement.

Let’s say Justin wants to hold Conor’s feet to the fire over this statement, he should start a camp preparing for Conor, put money into it, and then sue his ass for breach.

People have lost lawsuits over signed paper napkins in a bar inking out a deal.

Jokes are not a contract, but I’m not sure this is a joke, not even 70.

maybe 60/40 with it leaning towards a joke
Breach of what contract? Lol

IF.... it were to happen ....... would it be a bigger fight than Khabib?... My gut says no but maybe bigger than the Dustin fights
He will never be able to have a bigger fight than Khabib. That was the perfect storm. You cant replicate that. Even if he would have fought him again it wouldnt be the same.

He will never be able to have a bigger fight than Khabib. That was the perfect storm. You cant replicate that. Even if he would have fought him again it wouldnt be the same.

that fight wasn't on anybody's radar until the bus attack then it was a huge must have spectacle... and didn't he basically retire with his "Thanks For The Cheese" comment at the time??? Connor could pull some shit at a press conference an maybe it would be the biggest show ever...

that fight wasn't on anybody's radar until the bus attack then it was a huge must have spectacle... and didn't he basically retire with his "Thanks For The Cheese" comment at the time??? Connor could pull some shit at a press conference an maybe it would be the biggest show ever...
I dont think so.

In the end I think people know now he's a hollow drum. He threw the dolly and it didnt break Khabib mentally,as it was intended to.

Khabib's attitude was "ok,now what? none of this is gonna help you in the cage"

Once that didnt work,he had no more moves,which is why you just see him be mean spirited and desperate in his trash talk ever since,instead of clever and funny. If he could do something crazy to sell another fight of that magnitude,he would have done it already,but those days are over. Doin that twice aint gonna work. Dude cant even confirm to the fight the guy who is destroying him on TUF.

Wow. Gaethje went from, "I don't care and I won't fight a guy on steroids." to "Sign the Contract.." Faster than a top of the line suped up Tesla. Crazy how fast those contracts get drawn up and sent around so fast. It's incredible, it's almost as if the contract was already drawn up.

Damn! Chandler got a bunch of fucking lip service from the UFC brass. If I was Chandler it would take Ngannou money to get me to step up in that UFC cage ever again.

Last edited:

I disagree, especially with the last sentence.

But anyway you are over here wasting time on Conor but missing from the Jiri Sherdog account thread.

<{nope}>

Would sell well. Not the biggest ever but I would buy it. I would actually buy any fight either one is in

Gaethje might literally kill Conor. Gaethje is the real zombie literally takes button shots over an over to ko Juatin he can't be 1 shot koed unless it's a knee or head kick and that's maybe. Conors shin would be gone by end of first if he lasted that long. I'm a Conor fan (okay used to be till he was bad sport after Dustin 3) but he's asking for massive pain fighting the apex pain deliverer in MMA..

That said I really want to see this this would be highest selling main event MMA could make right now ot maybe ever . Don't even Know if Fury Usyk would even out sell it .

conor and Danis are the mma Kardashians. they're all about trying to stay relevant on twitter and in the media. actually fighting is not high on their priority list.

I dont think so.

In the end I think people know now he's a hollow drum. He threw the dolly and it didnt break Khabib mentally,as it was intended to.

Khabib's attitude was "ok,now what? none of this is gonna help you in the cage"

Once that didnt work,he had no more moves,which is why you just see him be mean spirited and desperate in his trash talk ever since,instead of clever and funny. If he could do something crazy to sell another fight of that magnitude,he would have done it already,but those days are over. Doin that twice aint gonna work. Dude cant even confirm to the fight the guy who is destroying him on TUF.

while the discerning MMA fan knows Connor's basically washed their are plenty of dumb shits out there that will fall for a publicity stunt with the right angle and their "Hero" will live again.... give him a couple viral moments of him and his mouth being a over the top asshole and there can be huge public (read casual) interest for all the mouth breathers that rooted for him previously....

while the discerning MMA fan knows Connor's basically washed their are plenty of dumb shits out there that will fall for a publicity stunt with the right angle and their "Hero" will live again.... give him a couple viral moments of him and his mouth being a over the top asshole and there can be huge public (read casual) interest for all the mouth breathers that rooted for him previously....
Maybe but I dont think it will outdo the Khabib fight.

I can honestly see Conor taking this fight. Would make sense for him..

(Not necessarily the sport)
Why would it be bad for the sport? Wtf?? There's no otherr fight that would sell like it. Barring Conor Khabib 2 and even that is iffy.

Justin got little chsnce at Islam this could be his moment. This fight is great for the sport in terms of getting fans whi h is name of gsme

Back