Crazy Day For Violence... How Will The UFC fare?

If the WWE thing is ppv. Then the UFC gets more eyes. If the WWE is free.. it gets more eyes. That novelty boxing match probably doesn’t sell very well, imo.

Paul has lost his undefeated status. And Nate is not the draw he was at the time the original BMF fight happened.

The UFC Fight Night is buried on ESPN+. Only hardcore fans are going to seek it out and watch it.

Nate Diaz and Jake Paul still resonate with casuals.

Casuals outnumber hardcore fans many times over.

UFC will be fine.
Sure hope the same for Nate.

UFC, and I might look at the Paul vs Nate match quickly to see whats going on, I just expect them to stop it on a cut after the ref freaks out from a little bit of blood and starts waving his arms in the air, which I know is gonna happen.

WWF have not watched since 1984-2001 , that era was amazing and really good actual wrestlers, now its nothing like that, just an aerobics show or gymnastics event, looks dreadful and very choreographed. I loved the old wrestling though because they were really tough guys, I loved guys like Dino Bravo.. the strongest man in the world at the time, because his moves were just clunky and stiff and that makes it more real, I actually like that more.. he was just using strength to pick people up and knock them off balance.. not all this 165 Ibs aerobics and gymnastic wrestlers of today.

So I will be watching UFC, the prelims and main card, and might take a short glace at the Nate vs Paul fight, but I know it will get stopped on cuts, its so obvious to me

lol

You guys think Nate loses?

Nate eats jabs and a few right hands while slowly plodding forward for a few rounds, finally has a little flurry where he stuns Jake but fails to capitalize, and goes back to eating jabs until the final bell. Is my prediction.

UFC main card starts at 6pm eastern. That’s not ideal for a fight as far as viewership goes

Sandhagen Font is the only fight tonight I'm genuinely interested in watching. I wouldn't pay to watch Nate and Jake, but would watch otherwise. I enjoy this offshoot of boxing.

lol

You guys think Nate loses?

I dunno. Never seen Nate compete in pure boxing not having to worry about takedowns, kicks, etc.

I think he may surprise us all, but his age and mileage doesn't help.

I'm curious to see if Tatiana Suarez still got it.

People forget but she was on an express path to the top before her injuries and looking really dominant.

Mopped the floor with 2x champ Cookie Monster.

Ran thru current flyweight champ Alexa Grasso in under 3 min.

I do not recall her ever facing adversity in the cage, she just steamrolled her opponents.

I'll be watching the UFC card. Whatever happens in Diaz vs Paul im sure I can catch later on.

Genuine question to people unironically watching pro wrestling: Why? Not trying to hate but isn't it kind of whack to know that it's not real?
It depends on what you want out of it.

People like the entertaining athletic performances and the personalities.

Wrasslin’???!!! Pfft. This is an MMA forum nerd.

<DisgustingHHH>

Nate looked shitty against an even shittier Ferguson yet won by sub. Got absolutely dominated and outstruck by a scared-to-finish Edwards, other than ONE punch. And what did Diaz do? Showboated instead of trying to win. Masvidal? Whooped Nate. Decisions before that. He's hardly a finisher, at least late career, hasn't fought much, cares more about showing his smoking than anything else, and never straight boxed with no threat of a takedown or kick.

I really wish all the Diaz fans backed up their words with bets so the line might drop.

Back