The Patterson Gimlin Footage

Many people from the area immediately knew who the man in the suit was just by the walk. It was a running joke that they went along with because it brought tourists and money into the area.

Ray Wallace man who started the bigfoot craze as a joke in 1958 could never have imagined how many gullible people would fall for it when he made the wooden feet to make the tracks. He certainly didn't intend for it to become such a controversy. He was just a practical joker who found out people will believe what they want to believe.

''This wasn't a well-planned plot or anything,'' said Michael Wallace, one of Ray's sons. ''It's weird because it was just a joke, and then it took on such a life of its own that even now, we can't stop it.''

I often wonder how many people actually believe and how many are just trolling others.

Just like the Loch Ness Monster surgeon's photo was admitted to be a hoax but there are still people who claim it is real.
For those not familiar with that story,
http://www.unmuseum.org/nesshoax.htm

Many people from the area immediately knew who the man in the suit was just by the walk. It was a running joke that they went along with because it brought tourists and money into the area.

Ray Wallace man who started the bigfoot craze as a joke in 1958 could never have imagined how many gullible people would fall for it when he made the wooden feet to make the tracks. He certainly didn't intend for it to become such a controversy. He was just a practical joker who found out people will believe what they want to believe.

I often wonder how many people actually believe and how many are just trolling others.

Just like the Loch Ness Monster surgeon's photo was admitted to be a hoax but there are still people who claim it is real.
For those not familiar with that story,
http://www.unmuseum.org/nesshoax.htm
Gimlin asked Patterson if he was hoaxed on his deathbed in 1972 to which he went swearing it was real. Gimlin to this day does lectures or talks on the footage. If you listen to him, anybody with sense can tell hes not part of a hoax.

If u call BS thats fine but there are echo chambers to both sides of this The footage stands alone

Last edited:
Ray Wallace man who started the bigfoot craze as a joke in 1958 could never have imagined how many gullible people would fall for it when he made the wooden feet to make the tracks.

The stories of a giant ape like human have been part of Native American lore for centuries. Almost ever Native American tribe has a word for Bigfoot. Ray Wallace helped make it mainstream, but he certainly didn't create the creature.

My belief in the validity of the footage stems from the fact that hollywood designers have said they don't know how the suit was made and couldn't duplicate it themselves. Every year the footage gets more and more enhanced and it holds up to the established sciences of physics, anthropology, biomechanics, primatology. It's the only legit footage in my opinion. People say it's fake but yet no one can make the suit to this day that shows the type of muscle movements the PG film does. How on Earth did two guys with poor education and low income create something like this ? They simply couldn't have.
Yeah but they said the same things about the pyramids for a long time.

"There's no way they could've moved these huge blocks without advanced technology!" But then they figured it out eventually and saw that it was totally possible.

This topic beautiful displays the "I want to believe" mindset. People can convince themselves something wildly unlikely is true because it's just entertaining and fun to believe

The stories of a giant ape like human have been part of Native American lore for centuries. Almost ever Native American tribe has a word for Bigfoot. Ray Wallace helped make it mainstream, but he certainly didn't create the creature.

Reading comprehension? I said he started the craze, not that he created the legend. He used the legend to make the prank work. The legend might have been started by someone hundreds or thousands of years ago to prank or impress others. It's like stories of a Boogeyman, Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. The Boogeyman was used to scare children so they stayed close by. Some parent a thousand years ago might have told their children that bigfoot would get them if they didn't behave. Just because the stories exist, doesn't mean they are real. Look at all of the gods of the past.

Seeing how I can almost call this video a hobby I know a lot about it including what naysayers typically say

Theyve tried replicating this with a 'state of the art' monkey suit and the dude kept bumping into shit or walked completely off track due to vision being messed up.

How were two cowboys of conpletely average intelligence able to do this and garner the resources to make this happen?
the footage was so poor quality, that you didnt need to fully cover the eyes to pull it off. There were like 4 full pixels on his face, didnt even need to have a mask on.

This topic beautiful displays the "I want to believe" mindset. People can convince themselves something wildly unlikely is true because it's just entertaining and fun to believe

It's like the Emperor's new clothes or the Captain Tuttle episode of MASH.

That is actually where youre wrong. With me anyway

I clearly stated I dont believe in bigfoot. There clearly isnt any proof and ALL the other clips I can tell dont mean shit

My issue is only with this footage. Ill est crow if someone can explain wtf Im seeing here. To me that squirelly thing is not a man.

Last edited:
the footage was so poor quality, that you didnt need to fully cover the eyes to pull it off. There were like 4 full pixels on his face, didnt even need to have a mask on.

the deeper or closer you get the nuttier it gets

Basically if it werent for MK Davis I prob wouldnt be here
If it turns out hes fucking around Ill be pissed LOL

Last edited:
I think it’s a cool film and I enjoy exploring cryptozoology; but the fact that we can uncover skeletons of humans who died many years ago and have yet to find a Bigfoot skeleton is very telling.

Yeah but they said the same things about the pyramids for a long time.

"There's no way they could've moved these huge blocks without advanced technology!" But then they figured it out eventually and saw that it was totally possible.

They still don't know how the pyramids were built. I'm not saying it was aliens, but no one has been able to come close to duplicating it. The average stone weighed 2.5 TONS. It's clear the Egyptians had a method still not understood. Perhaps it will be forever lost to history.

The visuals of this footage continue to be improved and is very close to the original footage that has been locked away supposedly

I started one of these threads a while back but this footage deserves a refresher

A couple thoughts of my own:
  • The better the visuals get the less fake it becomes
  • ALL and I mean ALL the other bigfoot videos out there are pure garbage
  • If you examine or see every other bigfoot video before or after this footage, its usually in a dark setting, obscured, or way too far away. This is the only one thats relatively close, in broad daylight and fairly out in the open. Why would anyone do this if they were attempting a hoax? why does ithe answer become more clear the more its enhanced?
  • I am not a believer in bigfoot per se. I find this footage really strange though and a bit creepy really.
  • You can see bigfoot boobies, lat muscles contracting with arm movements, hernniation of thigh muscles on impact, neck swivel movement unprecendented for an ape suit of that era
  • The thing is fucking huge experts range conservstively in the 7' class. It walks rather gracefully and fast for something that large. Tracks taken afterwards showed it walking in a straight line almost like on a tightrope
  • Watch it on a bigger clearer screen (its awesome) and Have fun

compare with the original footage

One documentary I saw was making the point that they were able to get that close and take footage because they were on horseback. Something about maybe Bigfoot wasn't hyper alert to people coming because they assumed it was just horses.

They still don't know how the pyramids were built. I'm not saying it was aliens, but no one has been able to come close to duplicating it. The average stone weighed 2.5 TONS. It's clear the Egyptians had a method still not understood. Perhaps it will be forever lost to history.

Uh, no.. there have been dozens of successful duplications of the techniques and process used to build the pyramids, which would, if scaled by thousands of people and 50+ years would easily replicate the pyramids.

“I strongly believe that if a real one walked in the house and sat down at a table -- or, the best it could -- they’d say no, it’s a fake. It’s somebody in a suit.

That’s how naive they are,” said Bob. “So that’s just the way I’d tell them until the day they spank me in the face with dirt.”

Interesting read on Bob Gimlin story, dated 2020
https://www.knkx.org/other-news/2020-08-08/bigfoot-ruined-this-mans-life-then-gave-him-a-fresh-start

If its a hoax, Gimlin wasnt a part of it.

Last edited:

“I strongly believe that if a real one walked in the house and sat down at a table -- or, the best it could -- they’d say no, it’s a fake. It’s somebody in a suit.

That’s how naive they are,” said Bob. “So that’s just the way I’d tell them until the day they spank me in the face with dirt.”

Interesting read on Bob Gimlin story, dated 2020
https://www.knkx.org/other-news/2020-08-08/bigfoot-ruined-this-mans-life-then-gave-him-a-fresh-start

If its a hoax, Gimlin wasnt a part of it.

He’s right. Very few people are going to be swayed one way or the other. Even if they were brought to a body and examined it themselves they’d just think their legs are being pulled with a high quality fake.

He’s right. Very few people are going to be swayed one way or the other. Even if they were brought to a body and examined it themselves they’d just think their legs are being pulled with a high quality fake.
It never occurred to me that there are people like this. A lot are in this thread. In what other bizarre ways do they perceive things? The Trunp era is a good example right? He could never do wrong. remember? Just bizarre

Confirmation bias is real.

The real question is who is more retarded;

1. Big foot believers
2. Flat Earthers

It never occurred to me that there are people like this. A lot are in this thread. In what other bizarre ways do they perceive things? The Trunp era is a good example right? He could never do wrong. remember? Just bizarre

Confirmation bias is real.

yeah it’s weird. Especially the Trump example. Someone on the other side could do the exact same thing and it’s the end of the world but there’s always a defense if it’s happening from your side.

Back