Best Knee KO of all time?

mas askren #1

however, silva franklin showed the world how knees were used to dictate a fight, hits differently

That must be Joachim Hansen vs Masakazu Imanari back in Pride 2005

Do you have other suggestions?

That was an early stoppage. He was still awake and moving around slightly.

I clicked this thread to post Hellboy gifs, but I'm late.

Here's a great recent one
6rb6pd.gif

Everything in this GIF is beautiful.

DJ's poise, defense, speed, timing. The punch, the knee, the walk off. The way Moraes crumbles. The ref's wave-off.

Too many great ones to pick.

Hookers ko of Pearson was absolutely beautiful tho.

Demetrious/Moraes 2 is the cleanest, most calculated one I’ve ever seen

Bj/Uno was spectacular. The way he’s like full on sprinting and then transitions to ground and pound uppercuts while his head is stuck against the cage was viscous.
Condit/stun gun was similar.

Also obviously Masvidal/Askren. The hands behind back, slowly circling, to full on sprinting flying knee. Fastest KO too.

And the worst is MVP caving Cyborgs skull in and then proceeding to roll a pokeball at him. Lol

BJ KO'd Uno in their first fight with just uppercuts after Uno attempted a flying kick. BJ KO'd Sherk with a flying knee --> GnP

How is Silva vs Rampage not mentioned? Obviously it has to be Masvidal vs Askren but most aren't true one hitter quitters. Just something about the thai clinch and knowing the knee is going to come. And its lights out after.

6rb6pd.gif

DJ's poise, defense, speed, timing. The punch, the knee, the walk off. The way Moraes crumbles. The ref's wave-off.

Fucking Ninja like really and to even think and place that shot to end it ....is just next level fight IQ...

He knew it was over too didnt even throw another shot or look back ... assassin like

I'm bad at posting GIFs but some great lower profile knee KOs come to mind:

- Martin Bravo vs Humberto Bardenay: Bravo had just won TUF Latin America 3 against a solid opponent in Puelles and then got flatlined by a nasty knee.
- Noad Lahat vs Diego Rivas and Godofredo Pepey: Lahat came into the UFC undefeated and left with a 2-2 record - both losses by highlight reel flying knees.
- Pablo Garza vs Fredson Paixao: If I recall correctly, Paixao had to leave the cage on a stretcher. Very brutal.

For me it’s Alex Pereira vs Jason Wilnis because I watched it live, absolutely vicious switch-knee (timestamped):

I am a Pereira fan, but I would have to give it to Masvidal vs. Askren.
Probably more eyes saw that Flying Knee KO (which was a true flatline KO) than any other knee in MMA history ...

However, as a Pereira fan, I do love this switch-knee KO also.
It's bad ass you got to see it in person.

As you no doubt know, what made this knee sweet for Pereira is that Wilnes called Pereira "just a boxer" ... and Pereira responded by dropping Wilness with a kick, then finishing him with a knee.

A bad ass statement by Alex Pereira ...

6rb6pd.gif

Extra special that he pulled a knee strike KO to avenge a knee strike KO.

For what it's worth, the most memorable knee, for me, was a non-KO. It was Anderson Silva's brutal knee to Rich Franklin's nose while he had him trapped in the Thai clinch. It was horrible.

Back