Media Alex Pereira on Anthony Smith: "Washed up vet who never amounted to anything"

He who casts the first stone I suppose

If I was a fighter I wouldn't want another fighter gaslighting the public into believing I'm to be taken lightly

i don't know, i wouldn't be that surprised if Smith beat him with grappling.
Possible, but if Jan failed to beat him, chances are even slimmer for Smith. On the other hand, if it were Alex that caught him with that left across the eye in round two as Spann did, Smith would still be in a hospital.

Going to put it out there. Alex went up to 205 and beat the last defending champion, even if he defended against Izzy.
Nobody else has been able to defend the belt besides Jon Jones since DC and before that it was Chuck Liddell.

He didn't even look bad doing it either and everyone has looked bad against Jan by either getting finished or outstruck during their fights with him. Jan managed to have one good round with no offence from the back and then was getting hit with harder shots from the guy coming from 185...

He gets special treatment because he grinded, lmao. It's not like he showed up one day and people just started putting him in big spots.

No he got special treatment because he had a storyline with Izzy without that he would have gotten none of the opportunities handed to him

Lots and lots of fighters grind but get zero of the hand outs Alex had

Both guys are right for once.

Pereira did not look good vs Yan.
Smith is just a mediocre fighter being propped up by UFC Pr and luck.

Anthony always seems to put a negative spin on fighter ability sprinkle in a compliment to appear as if it's a matter of fact then most of the time when it comes to himself makes excuses. He said he was a better grappler than Glover and didn't feel anything special when they fought (said that before they grappled) then Glover dominated him in the grappling too. At least after that he didn't mention it because he usually makes excuses. Said he was on his way to beat Ankalaev until the injury. Said that Jon Jones isn't great at anything he's just good at everything. There are plenty of fighters who are good at everything that never got close to a title.

Don’t forget Smith dismissing Walker entirely and deriding his skills before getting soundly outmatched in every department.

if he was replying to that video, huh? im no fan of perennial try-hard smith but ..

I like the way he fakes out Anthony smiths prospects

“One of those guys who can work themselves up to a title shot”

“Actually Anthony isn’t one of those guys he’s not good enough”

Anthony Smith by 1st round submission. Pereira is not on his level anywhere in MMA

Smith is right.... this time

Other than those times where he said Jones was not that good of a fighter and Ankalaev too
Jones did worse than that drunk wrestler that took his soul in his own house though

When Alex dropped his scary hook on Jan over and over again it did not phase Jan…

both seem to be correct

i would lmao if they ended up fighting somehow and Smith just took Alex down and manhandled him.
That's certainly possible. Then again Smith had trouble manhandling a 175-pound untrained home intruder so who knows.

No he got special treatment because he had a storyline with Izzy without that he would have gotten none of the opportunities handed to him

Lots and lots of fighters grind but get zero of the hand outs Alex had
Why do you type weird? I noticed it with you before whenever you type more than one line. It just comes across very unnatural, like an AI

Looks like someone totally changed what Smith said when talking about it to Poatan and he just went off.
Felt like he attacked Smith for very little to no reason.

But these "answer" videos are always lke this, it's a dumb idea from the start.

Pereira is probably just selling a fight. The dude doesn't seem to take personal offense to much. Although I don't think Anthony should fight Alex unless he wants to get shipped to the realm of shadows

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
africancelary
Back