Media Alex Pereira on Anthony Smith: "Washed up vet who never amounted to anything"

He wouldn't have gotten his "handout" if he wasn't double champion in Glory or knocked out a top 5 MW in half a round. At this point, how can you say he doesn't deserve to be in the position that he is in?
CM Punk was a 5 time heavyweight champion at his last promotion, so he was putting in the grind too.

He's still carrying around a belt today, though some people argue it's legitimacy, but he was clearly a bad release on the UFC's part.

Calling Smith a vet instead of a journeyman/can was pretty respectful.
Yeah but the never amounted to anything part etc is a shame. He has some huge wins on his resume and lasted longer in mma than most of Alex’s hero’s. Respect his longevity and the fact he once fought for a title.

I agree with both of them - a little hard on Anthony through (I didn't hear Smith say anything that was too derogatory).
I’d amend that slightly. Although he does work for ESPN all I ever really remember is Smith shitting on other fighters. I don’t even watch pre shows or after shows anymore.

Where as I’ve only heard negative comments from Alex about 2 different people. He’s definitely not above trolling. But it’s mostly pretty tame and light hearted.

But I think Smith is a little disappointed in his own career. And it comes out sometimes when speaking about others.

Just my opinion.

I like Smith, he was a consistent top 5 for a while and is a excellent face of MMA. Well dressed , well spoken , he is the image that keeps our sport legal .

I agree with both of them - a little hard on Anthony through (I didn't hear Smith say anything that was too derogatory).
Seems like fighters take more offense to slight criticisms than they do outright trash talk. Makes sense really.

Anthony Smith is one of those guys who has an entire career simply because the LHW division got wiped out and they had to have some bodies to throw in there.

I feel like people are forgetting Santos annihilated Smith too. Even accounting for Smith being weight drained that hardly bodes well lol

TBF Santos beat Jon Jones with one leg (My opinion)

Poatan would knock out the rest of his teeth

Little harsh by AP when Smith hangs it up he’ll have a career he can look back on and be proud of. Fought for a title, seems to have made decent money to give his family a good life, and will have an analyst job when it’s all over.

He’s had a better career than probably 95% of people that have ever stepped into the cage

030a7b7f9c13a66c26c74da6144da6b1ce34b2a8c60c3c13e7c19c63b8d33b63_1.jpg
morgan-freeman-meme-hes-right-you-know-blank-traffic-club-53644125 copy.jpg

Damn!

Alex tore him a new hole then buried him in that shit....

<{dayum}>

All Smith said was that Pereira's physique wasn't super special at LHW like it was at MW, bad look for Pereira getting salty about something that's obviously true

As a Pereira fan, I agree with Smith.

What they both said is true.

However, Smith said it in a non-offensive way, while Pereira seemed uncharacteristically (and unnecessarily) mean-spirited in what he said. Even though it is also true.

Back