• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social 3k migrants bussed in to NYC every week

I'm at the point just close up shop
If your waiting in line you are in, If you are here you are in

that's it, no more for an undetermined amount of time

I’m not American so I don’t understand, but why does it seem like the states are expect to let all the people in? The republican states bring them in, and they either keep them or send them to democrat states, who keep them all, but why don’t the republicans states just not let them in in the first place?

It kind of is the responsibility of the border states, they get additional funding specifically for that matter. If they want to bus them elsewhere, I'm not going to bat an eyelash, but they are getting funding to house these illegal immigrants.

In recent terms, DHS has increased funding to interior cities to feed and house them as well.

How much was Texas given from the federal government to house, feed, educate, provide healthcare, and even incarcenate migrants in 2020?

I’m not American so I don’t understand, but why does it seem like the states are expect to let all the people in? The republican states bring them in, and they either keep them or send them to democrat states, who keep them all, but why don’t the republicans states just not let them in in the first place?
The federal government is in charge of border policy. When Arizona built their own border wall the Biden administration sued them and forced them to take it down.

How much was Texas given from the federal government to house, feed, educate, provide healthcare, and even incarcenate migrants in 2020?

I looked into this a decade ago but haven't checked recently. It would be some portion of the $900 million from the homeland security grants plus special appropriations such as the $1 billion from the pandemic relief fund.

https://www.homelandsecuritygrants.info/Grant-Details/gid/21875
https://www.lbb.texas.gov/Documents...20_Texas_Border_Security_Funding_Overview.pdf

If anyone has more recent numbers I would like to see the amount and analysis on the direct results.

It kind of is the responsibility of the border states, they get additional funding specifically for that matter. If they want to bus them elsewhere, I'm not going to bat an eyelash, but they are getting funding to house these illegal immigrants.

In recent terms, DHS has increased funding to interior cities to feed and house them as well.
States have been busing illegals to my state since the 90s.

The federal government is in charge of border policy. When Arizona built their own border wall the Biden administration sued them and forced them to take it down.
it looks like the Biden admin is back to building their own borders, but they did do away with trumps borders, and that's keeping campaign promises <Lmaoo>

The New York State constitution article xvii says "The aid, care and support of the needy are public concerns and shall be provided by the state and by such of its subdivisions, and in such manner and by such means, as the legislature may from time to time determine"

Robert Hayes sued New York City in the 1979 to compel the Men's Shelter agency provide adequate housing. He won and the city entered a consent decree.

As a conservative, I have to read the law with a strict interpretation. It's unambiguous and says "shall" and it makes the legislature responsible to set the limits. So a mayor cannot decide on his own when to apply or suspend it. If you want to change it, then change the constitution. Maybe assess fines and liens could bridge the funding gap?

Tough spot but I wonder if the public are willing to reduce city services and amenities to uphold these guarantees.

Adams last night saying the migrant situation is going to destroy all of NYC. I like how he blames it all on a "mad man" in Texas. Also enjoyed how he tried to slip in that he saved NY before the migrants started coming. As if he was even mayor for even a week when there wasnt a Biden border problem.

Democrats getting played like a fiddle is normal

Clinton building a border, thumbs up
Trump building a border, thumbs down
Biden building a border, thumbs up

there's a montage here with Democraps casually using the race card for the border policies

I say that abbott needs to send more, 3K a week isnt enough

Democrats getting played like a fiddle is normal

Clinton building a border, thumbs up
Trump building a border, thumbs down
Biden building a border, thumbs up

there's a montage here with Democraps casually using the race card for the border policies

I say that abbott needs to send more, 3K a week isnt enough

lol, the disdain liberal elites have for everyone besides their own entitled, virtue signaling selves is amazing to behold. They act as if it is just NYC that got 100k migrants and there are 8-10 million more that came across since Biden took office

I have no idea. I think DHS publishes the figures if anyone really wants to look at them.

States have been busing illegals to my state since the 90s.
Ok...

My post was just informing people that feds give the states money to deal with this problem. And the border states get more federal dollars than the interior states. The interior states also got money, just less. This was in response to someone saying that the states' responsibility. So long as a state is taking federal dollars related to illegal immigration then they are accepting some of the responsibility for dealing with it. They can always reject the money but states rarely say no to free federal money.

Because the federal government essentialy makes it impossible to do so.

There's loads of effective ways to protect a border. They're basically all illegal in the US.

RFK spent three days at our border and watched bus load after bus load get dropped off. Most of the immigrants were not from south America rather they were from places in the middle east. He said the cartels are shipping them here for profit as a business and/or forcing them to work for the cartels in the states to pay off debts for getting them here.

I looked into this a decade ago but haven't checked recently. It would be some portion of the $900 million from the homeland security grants plus special appropriations such as the $1 billion from the pandemic relief fund.

https://www.homelandsecuritygrants.info/Grant-Details/gid/21875
https://www.lbb.texas.gov/Documents...20_Texas_Border_Security_Funding_Overview.pdf

If anyone has more recent numbers I would like to see the amount and analysis on the direct results.

those links seem to be more about border security, verse healthcare, housing, education, food

I have no idea. I think DHS publishes the figures if anyone really wants to look at them.
I tried to look it up. I found information about cities receiving money and I’m sure the states receive money, but I cannot find any concrete information on it.

For example, San Antonio recently got 24 million, Laredo 14 mill.
Keep in mind some of that money is going to nonprofit organizations and not the city and or the state
https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/immigration/federal-funds-cities-migrants/amp/

Last edited:
Back