The rematch paradox

stacrafty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lots of you "sherdoggers" are getting mad at Izzy likely getting the rematch

That's more do to with your lack of logic or ability to look at things objectively than it is with any weird misjustice or favoritism toward Izzy. Common to this forum though.

The reason Strickland got the fight in the first place is cause Izzy keeps an insane schedule, likes to fight every 3-4 months. Izzy was arguably always going to be on this Sydney card, as it was a PPV (not a fight night) and Volk was out. So always Izzy in the main event.

DDP was out, so Izzy not wanting to just chill and wait, did as he always does and calls out next in line, Strickland.
Izzy got Strickland to the dance in the first place.

All of the above, make Dana very happy. And remember this is not the first time Izzy has done this.
Dana also respects Izzy's schedule. That gets lots of Dana points.

Lastly, Dana loves how the last rematch he granted to Izzy turned out - the hype, the moment, the numbers, how Izzy delivered.

So Izzy will in in likelihood get this rematch. Based off what hes done of the company and the sport, and based of what he did for Sean Strickland.

So its hilarious, like in a mocking kind of way, to see all these sherdoggers mad and this fact, when they can't piece together a logical flow in their brains that...

"what a minute, all the things that are likely to get Izzy the immediate rematch.. are all the things that got Sean the title shot in the first place"

You don’t lose to someone shit like Strickland and get a rematch. You go to the back of the queue and don’t pass go. Needs to fight someone in the top 5 before a rematch

You sound mad but you are one of the worst posters ever on this forum, so it's natural.

Izzy ducked the pereira trilogy like a dumbass and he lost to SEAN FUCKING STRICKLAND lmao

it was supposed to be a gimmie fight and he got embarassed for 5 rounds.

Wake up to reality friend.

That's more do to with your lack of logic or ability to look at things objectively than it is with any weird misjustice or favoritism toward Izzy. Common to this forum though.

The reason Strickland got the fight in the first place is cause Izzy keeps an insane schedule, likes to fight every 3-4 months. Izzy was arguably always going to be on this Sydney card, as it was a PPV (not a fight night) and Volk was out. So always Izzy in the main event.

DDP was out, so Izzy not wanting to just chill and wait, did as he always does and calls out next in line, Strickland.

All of the above, make Dana very happy. And remember this is not the first time Izzy has done this.

Lastly, Dana loves how the last rematch he granted to Izzy turned out - the hype, the moment, the numbers, how Izzy delivered.

So Izzy will in in likelihood get this rematch. Based off what hes done of the company and the sport, and based of what he did for Sean Strickland.

So its hilarious, like in a mocking kind of way, to see all these sherdoggers mad and this fact, when they can't piece together a logical flow in their brains that...

"what a minute, all the things that are likely to get Izzy the immediate rematch.. are all the things that got Sean the title shot in the first place"
33% win rate in his last 3 title fights.

33% win rate in his last 3 title fights.

??

Dana makes the decisions... he doesn't care about your cringe out of context cope stats

Can you imagine yourself in a meeting at the UFC
Dana - "Ok this Strickland Izzy rematch"
RK - "but 33% win rate in his last 3 title fights"
The whole room would look at you, Dana probably pause and go "well no shit kid, the Perieria fights and now Stricklland, we know - where did this kid come from"
Anik - "oh hes the kid we got from the sherdog intern program"

Just because Izzy is likely to get a rematch doesn't mean people can't be mad about it. The same way my NFL team is likely going finish below .500 this year and miss the playoffs for the 6th year in a row I can still be mad about it because it fucking sucks.

Just because Izzy is likely to get a rematch doesn't mean people can't be mad about it. The same way my NFL team is likely going finish below .500 this year and miss the playoffs for the 6th year in a row I can still be mad about it because it fucking sucks.

one post that make sense

Its just funny how the sherdog sheep think Dana would do anything but laugh at their random out of context stats "oh hes 1 win in his last 3 now" as if that would mean anything in a context of a rematch

My posts just demonstrates that this forum has a very low understanding of the sport, can't think logically and doesn't get how the UFC works at all.

Wasn't like a total washout but it also wasn't a close fight. Strickland landed more shots, the better shots and hurt Izzy bad. With that said aside from Dricus, there is nobody for Izzy to fight and Dricus likely gets the title fight if Izzy doesn't.

If you don't make the rematch then I'd like Strickland vs Cannonier 2 and Izzy vs Dricus as co-main.

??

Dana makes the decisions... he doesn't care about your cringe out of context cope stats

Can you imagine yourself in a meeting at the UFC
Dana - "Ok this Strickland Izzy rematch"
RK - "but 33% win rate in his last 3 title fights"
The whole room would look at you, Dana probably pause and go "well no shit kid, the Perieria fights and now Stricklland, we know - where did this kid come from"
Anik - "oh hes the kid we got from the sherdog intern program"

Cope ? Lol my guy won. And cringe ? You're the dude defending the cringiest dog fiddler in the game bud.

Go ahead and write some lengthy pile of garbage with bookie odds or call me a shertard like you do in all the other drivel and act like you're some big brain like you do in all your other posts.

The guy who's balls you gargle on the reg got exposed at the presser as a deviant and got pieced up when it matters.

Go tap the copium straight to your vein starspastic

Cope ? Lol my guy won. And cringe ? You're the dude defending the cringiest dog fiddler in the game bud.

Go ahead and write some lengthy pile of garbage with bookie odds or call me a shertard like you do in all the other drivel and act like you're some big brain like you do in all your other posts.

The guy who's balls you gargle on the reg got exposed at the presser as a deviant and got pieced up when it matters.

Go tap the copium straight to your vein starspastic

lmao i don't need to call you anything kid, you do it do yourself

You little pebble brain can't handle a simple explanation of why Izzy will likely get the next title shot, so you have a meltdown even a kid in a COD lobby would cringe at

This thread is about why Izzy will get the next title shot and who's calling that title shot, you post some braindead generic sherdog garbage like "33% win rate in his last 3 title fights" - which is irrelevant and out of context

You're confused, understandable cause you're not that smart. But read carefully, I am not sticking up for Izzy, I'm just saying why he will get the rematch. What I am doing is using your nonsensical garbage you post as replies, and mocking you for it.

cry more kid.

You're not some genius lol. Everyone understands why Dana would like to give Izzy another rematch -- they just don't care and they are free to complain about it and explain why they don't want a rematch.

I'm from the Cleveland area and a browns fan..... don't wanna hear about only 6x in a row lol.

Wasn't like a total washout but it also wasn't a close fight. Strickland landed more shots, the better shots and hurt Izzy bad. With that said aside from Dricus, there is nobody for Izzy to fight and Dricus likely gets the title fight if Izzy doesn't.

If you don't make the rematch then I'd like Strickland vs Cannonier 2 and Izzy vs Dricus as co-main.
That's actually exactly what I was thinking, it makes the most sense.

Izzy cashed his champ rematch card after Pereira.

If he would've defended the title 2 or 3 times since getting it back, I could see an argument made for rematch.

Time for him to fight a contender.

Strickland is a contender. Sean only got the shot because Izzy beat everyone else. Sean had zero top 5 wins before today. He likely never becomes champ if he had to climb the ladder and get 2 more top 5 wins.

He got to skip the line (rank #5) because Izzy already whooped everyone's ass.

Back