Do you consider that a humiliating loss for Israel Adesanya?

Was that a humiliating loss for Izzy?

• Yes

Votes: 475 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 90 15.9%

• Total voters
Not sure about humiliating, but it did pretty much ruin any chance of MW goat talks. He went 1-1 with Pereira, then just lost soundly to a guy Pereira KO'd in 2 minutes. Decent chance he'll take some more losses now after guys gain some confidence seeing him lose 2 of his last 3.

Congrats to the new undisputed champ Sean Strickland

Do you guys consider that performance humiliating? Why or why not?
https%3A%2F%2Fvms-network-images-prod.s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com%2F2023%2F09%2F535047%2Fpickerimage.jpg

Yes, because he literally ran the whole fight.

Meanwhile, Pereira dispatched Strickland like a boss.

He lost to Krokodil Dundee. Of course it's humiliating. It's like losing to a homeless crackhead in a game of wits. He had no idea what he was walking into and got clowned.

not humiliating, cause he didn't get beat down like a dog, but it certainly cut him down quite a bit. he seemed completely outclassed, which i don't think anyone expected.

You sure about that?

But like I said, odds don't have nothing to do with whether a loss was a bad loss. Just because you are a big fav, doesn't mean it's a worst loss when you lose. We agree to disagree.

Thats absurd. Of course it is. That's what being a favourite means.

I dont agree to disagree.

Absolutely!
This is WHY you dont just schedule folks. Things can happen when Apollo gives jerkoffs a chance.

I tried rewatching the fight and other than the 1st, twas boring.

Yes and I am a huge Izzy fan. No disrespect to Strickland but this is a stain on his legacy.

Izzy’s a great fighter but he didn’t hold a psychological edge over his opponent for once

Dude never had a chance. He was never on Andersons level as far as the best MW ever. Good fighter though.
Meh, if he'd have coasted the ladt round of the first Pereira fight, he'd have been 13-0 in the division with 6 defenses, so he wouldn't have been that far off. Getting stopped in the last round of that might weakened his claim, and this loss pretty much wrecked it.

It was a disaster for his style of fighting, definitely. No one is going to be standing waiting for him to land counters, everyone from now will be in his face all fight and that was key to him getting whooped here

Not at all. Strickland fought good and didn't let Izzy get confortable for one minute, so he looked off all night.

He beat him standing up but if was far from a humiliation considering he only had one true good moment with the knockdown. The rest of the fight wss just cruising with the gameplan.

Back