"Thank God for child abuse..."

BearGrounds

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

12:00 mark of above video.

This was a pretty interesting moment during the post fight presser. Strickland is asked the same old generic question that guys like him (had a tough childhood) are always asked, which basically amounts to how do you feel having achieved becoming champion after such adversity.

His answer was something you don't often hear, which was essentially to scoff at the absurdity of ever thinking that winning a championship makes any of that stuff worth having endured, or that he's somehow happy now because of it.

Sad that he suffered to the point that he can't even find some solace in becoming world champion. That's rough.

Last edited:
is what it is

avon-barksdale-the-wire-alright-9ts7w61i6dknl4bf.gif

Strickland seems mentally unstable, but I feel for him.

Strickland Stoicism is #theway

No longer is #dagestandiscipline the leading mentality in MMA! More combatants should use Sean Tarzan as inspiration to embrace the past lifestyle of being abused and channel to something #verygreat

nkcheer.png
#bluecollarclergy #middleclassmessiah #DaSeanistan

This guy is a mentally stunted dunce desperately trying to sound edgy and "krazy." No wonder half of the morons here feel a connection. "I don't have a conscience. I killed a dog." Wow.

<{clintugh}>
little later he said it was in self defense come on man .... some times you have take Old Yeller behind barn and put him out of his misery;)<Eek2.0>:confused::mad::(:rolleyes:

Strickland is an interesting character in the UFC, even though I don't agree with everything he says I do appreciate his sincerity and candid attitude towards the business and the politics that surround it. He genuinely seems like a guy out of time in some regards, like he would fit in better to the sport (at least in the social sense) during an earlier era of its history. If anyone has seen the Felix Biderman documentary on youtube 'fighting in the age of lonliness', Strickland feels like the type of societal outsider that MMA really does uplift through allowing him to channel the raw emotions of his upbringing into a sport where he is rewarded in a sense for sheer force of will.

Based on Sean and Pantoja having a terrible father seems to be the best base for MMA.

Darren Till's Brazilian kid will be a world champion for sure.

Don't forget Jens Pulver. And there are probably a million more examples I'm forgetting.

Floyd Mayweather, Roy Jones, and Zab Judah had asshole fathers too, and those were probably some of the better ones

Back