Why is Khamzat such a huge favorite over Paulo? (Update: Cashed out bet)

Baal

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's currently a -400 favorite

Paulo is big and proven at MW with good takedown defense/striking

Chimaev struggled against former 155lb Burns who got beat by Belal

Am I missing something?

Update:

Screenshot_20230913_064624_Sportsbet.jpg

Update #2:

Decided to cash my bet out because I'm not so confident in Makhachev anymore after reviewing tape. Now I don't particularly care who wins Chimaev vs Costa, hopefully Khumzat gets slept anyway tho

Screenshot_20231005_171211_Sportsbet.jpg

Last edited:
Khamzat had a big size advantage in most other fights against fighters with shoddy grappling defense.

Costa will be bigger, better striker, great grappling defense.

I think Costa will do better than the 5 I mentioned, but I think it will be a blow out, although khamzat never fights anymore.

Way too many questions heading into this from both for either to be a huge favorite. I probably play Khamzat if he was -180 ish, but all of the value is on Paulo at this point.

For comparison we just saw Islam smoke Oliveira but Khamzat is a bigger favorite vs Khamzat than Islam in his rematch.

It will be more of a struggle for Khamzat to takedown opponents are MW, it would be nearly as easy as it was at WW

Costa is the most overrated fighter on the roster currently and has no wins against any active UFC fighters, and he looked like absolute shit against Rockhold and Vettori who have fallen on hard times themselves.

When will you guys learn that big muscles + a troll personality does not equal being a top tier guy? I'm convinced this fight will be a wash.

Costa is the most overrated fighter on the roster currently and has no wins against any active UFC fighters, and he looked like absolute shit against Rockhold and Vettori who have fallen on hard times themselves.

When will you guys learn that big muscles + a troll personality does not equal being a top tier guy? I'm convinced this fight will be a wash.

Like Khamzat?

Like Khamzat?

What "like Khamzat"? He's starched everyone he's beaten except for Gilbert, and even then, he still won a convincing decision. People like to discredit that win because he got dropped, like Gilbert didn't do the same thing against Kamaru..

You either need to make a better point or clarify yourself better playboy.

Back