News * UFC merges with WWE to form TKO !

Dana White "tonight's ppv we are gonna have the flyweight champion face off against the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world. Johnny Bones Jones..... inside a hell in a cell! It's winner take all! Then you will see me vs Vince Mcmahon in a battle of the billionaires in a money in the bank ladder match! Stay tuned for more WWEUFC! It's gonna be total nonstop action! Shits gonna be like dynamite! Do you wanna be tuf enuf?"

Why everyone gotta be so pessimistic? WWE has decades of proven strong business and actually makes efforts to support the people who suffer due to their time there (physically, mentally, drugs, etc.). Maybe this is a first step towards things improving for the fighters?

And yes I'm not an idiot I know this is all about $ but c'mon people have faith

There is going to be cross promotion on cringe worthy levels which will reduce the value of MMA. Gone are the days of elite fights like Machida v Shogun. Instead, we're going to have Sean O'Malley vs some jobber and right as Sean is about to get the heel hook, the glass will shatter, Stone Cold runs into the Octagon and stuns Sean.

There is going to be cross promotion on cringe worthy levels which will reduce the value of MMA. Gone are the days of elite fights like Machida v Shogun. Instead, we're going to have Sean O'Malley vs some jobber and right as Sean is about to get the heel hook, the glass will shatter, Stone Cold runs into the Octagon and stuns Sean.

You watch pro wrestling and believe in Bigfoot?

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Dahell is happening here

Might be time to roll up stakes.

Why everyone gotta be so pessimistic? WWE has decades of proven strong business and actually makes efforts to support the people who suffer due to their time there (physically, mentally, drugs, etc.). Maybe this is a first step towards things improving for the fighters?

And yes I'm not an idiot I know this is all about $ but c'mon people have faith

There is something to be said for that.
They've been around a lot longer; and presumably would have a much better handle on how to keep their athletes healthy long term (considering how frequently they're working.)

Shamrock coming back with the leafblower
Which Shamrock?

Imagine the disappointment of being an elite acrobatic actor, a show which takes a lot of choreography and rehearsals to master, and having to be lumped in with a company that promotes UFC fighters.
fixed that for you...

I hope they can now book Jon Jones vs. Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 40!!!!

Tai Tuivasa can join Roman Reigns in the Bloodline in case the UFC cuts him.

That shit is all scripted, the future of MMA to avoid unwanted champions like Strickland or Sterling.
Expect a rigged fight in the coming months where Pavlovich takes a dive.
Look, they even have a HW belt already made for Gane, someone leaked the pictures.

Screenshot_20230912-191238_Chrome.jpg

I don't understand what that means and the real life xonsequek of this. Someone can enlighten me ?

Edit: meant consequences but I'm leaving xonsequek

Last edited by a moderator:
Either I am completely confused or the WWE Network* has switched to run on same software as Fight Pass. And bunch of stuff is misplaced. And there's classical "stuff that does not exist" we see with the not-UFC fighters on Fight Pass. WWE Network used to actually be a pretty solid platform, I doubt I am happy with this move (dunno when it happened, have not visited WWE for some time now**)

*we still get WWE stuff thru that platfom, not Peacock like US of A.
**I'm one of those fools who neglects to cancel streaming subscriptions I don't use more than 1-2 times a year (in this case Wrestlemania and the occasional Io Shirai match)

You guys are such a bunch of fucking weirdos.

Only a bunch of dweebs on a karate forum would think the UFC would take a $10,000,000,000 organization and form a trading alliance with the WWE and then start committing federal crimes by fixing fights, jeopardizing $10,000,000,000, so they can have Izzy hit Sean Strickland with a metal folding chair in his first title defense... the UFC becoming scripted due to its relationship with WWE is as likely as the WWE becoming unscripted due to its relationship with the UFC.

<DisgustingHHH>

And Vince still looks like Julian Fucking Grendel:
lcMJpZShYOSqEBbX6GuFRmSPd_15EsC8y43_dGZH0VpmOCjsXfS5gsZQrhXRy15i_aaIG0O7_xUifM17MqEH1GI4mzXqzYqyhrScPUO7xoc.jpg

Ford Fairlaine is awesome.

You guys are such a bunch of fucking weirdos.

Only a bunch of dweebs on a karate forum would think the UFC would take a $10,000,000,000 organization and form a trading alliance with the WWE and then start committing federal crimes by fixing fights, jeopardizing $10,000,000,000, so they can have Izzy hit Sean Strickland with a metal folding chair in his first title defense... the UFC becoming scripted due to its relationship with WWE is as likely as the WWE becoming unscripted due to its relationship with the UFC.

<DisgustingHHH>

It takes a naive person to believe that rich and powerful people won't do things (illegal, immoral, unethical) to engineer and achieve favorable outcomes thru various means and methods in pursuit of more power, influence, money, vengeance, retribution, etc.

We know cheating has taken place, continues to take place, will take place in the future especially in the Sports/Gambling space -- because it is human nature to seek control in their favor as a survival instinct, as well as common greed and general shittiness of mankind.

Your logic that -- a lot is at stake, therefore it won't take place because the risk is too great -- is intellectually RETARDED, and beneath the low standards of the Sherdog community.

Some of the biggest swindles/cheating/corruption is brought to you by the rich and powerful.

It takes a naive person to believe that rich and powerful people won't do things (illegal, immoral, unethical) to engineer and achieve favorable outcomes thru various means and methods in pursuit of more power, influence, money, vengeance, retribution, etc.

I didn't say rich and powerful people won't do things to engineer favorable outcomes. The UFC already does that because they're in the drivers seat. They sign the fighters, make the deals, they shape the market. They don't need to fix fights to do so. They get to choose who fights who and they're the most powerful organization so they have all the best fighters. It takes a naive person to assert a premise without any evidence or data.

We know cheating has taken place, continues to take place, will take place in the future especially in the Sports/Gambling space -- because it is human nature to seek control in their favor as a survival instinct, as well as common greed and general shittiness of mankind.

Blah blah blah "I have no evidence of fight fixing happening in the UFC and no evidence of the UFC being scripted, so I will speak generically to the evil of mankind."

Your logic that -- a lot is at stake, therefore it won't take place because the risk is too great -- is intellectually RETARDED, and beneath the low standards of the Sherdog community.

No. My logic is that there is no benefit to the risk or stakes that are being purported by you morons. You're propagating that the blackjack dealer is counting the cards to get an edge. On top of that, you're regurgitating that the UFC is entering into a publicly traded partnership with the very co-conspirators you are accusing them of learning how to fix fights with. You sound like an idiot.

Some of the biggest swindles/cheating/corruption is brought to you by the rich and powerful.

"I have no evidence, data or information to share, so I'm going to keep typing until I feel warm and fuzzy inside."

Please provide data, evidence or information that would lead to a reasonable conclusion that the UFC is fixing fights, scripting fight outcomes, or participating in the breaking of federally/state regulated gambling laws. If you don't have any, or are resting on the laurels of "well now that TKO exists, the UFC will secretly start illegally doing what the WWE does with match outcomes," please sit down.

PS - Please explain to me why the WWE would not become a legitimate organization and remove predetermined match outcomes? the UFC has become basically equally financially valuable in 20 years to a company/sport that's been around for 70. Surely the WWE will trick us into thinking matches are predetermined but actually wrestlers will be actually fighting each other.

Back