• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News * UFC merges with WWE to form TKO !

#naive

Your naive notion was quickly dismissed -- words won't help you now.

I didn't say rich and powerful people won't do things to engineer favorable outcomes. The UFC already does that because they're in the drivers seat. They sign the fighters, make the deals, they shape the market. They don't need to fix fights to do so. They get to choose who fights who and they're the most powerful organization so they have all the best fighters. It takes a naive person to assert a premise without any evidence or data.

Blah blah blah "I have no evidence of fight fixing happening in the UFC and no evidence of the UFC being scripted, so I will speak generically to the evil of mankind."

No. My logic is that there is no benefit to the risk or stakes that are being purported by you morons. You're propagating that the blackjack dealer is counting the cards to get an edge. On top of that, you're regurgitating that the UFC is entering into a publicly traded partnership with the very co-conspirators you are accusing them of learning how to fix fights with. You sound like an idiot.

"I have no evidence, data or information to share, so I'm going to keep typing until I feel warm and fuzzy inside."

Please provide data, evidence or information that would lead to a reasonable conclusion that the UFC is fixing fights, scripting fight outcomes, or participating in the breaking of federally/state regulated gambling laws. If you don't have any, or are resting on the laurels of "well now that TKO exists, the UFC will secretly start illegally doing what the WWE does with match outcomes," please sit down.

PS - Please explain to me why the WWE would not become a legitimate organization and remove predetermined match outcomes? the UFC has become basically equally financially valuable in 20 years to a company/sport that's been around for 70. Surely the WWE will trick us into thinking matches are predetermined but actually wrestlers will be actually fighting each other.

Bribery in sporting contests is a federal offense. Fight fixing would be bribery.

(If I read the statute correctly)

Very interesting. But just because it's illegal doesn't mean it never happens. We've seen how the law basically doesn't apply to the rich and powerful.

Plus there are tons of ways to influence a fight without bribery.

This is #verygreat news!

Esteemed posters, imagine this amazing weekend showing:

Friday - Event for the growing sport of Power Slap
Saturday - UFC battles
Sunday - American Wrasslin' Show

With many crossover shenanigan and #bigbucks opportunity behind every door!

What glory time to be alive!
tothestars.png
#bigshow #undertakingnewventure #McMahonup

Very interesting. But just because it's illegal doesn't mean it never happens. We've seen how the law basically doesn't apply to the rich and powerful.

Plus there are tons of ways to influence a fight without bribery.

If there's no evidence of it happening in the UFC, then it's just science fiction. It's much more likely (and we have some loose evidence of) fights being manipulated by fighters and trainers, not the UFC itself. And it makes more sense from a logistical standpoint because the stakes are suddenly worth a lot more to those parties.

How would the UFC influence a fight outcome in a nefarious way?

This is #verygreat news!

Esteemed posters, imagine this amazing weekend showing:

Friday - Event for the growing sport of Power Slap
Saturday - UFC battles
Sunday - American Wrasslin' Show

With many crossover shenanigan and #bigbucks opportunity behind every door!

What glory time to be alive!
View attachment 1001382
#bigshow #undertakingnewventure #McMahonup

<45>

Yup, the Master Plan is coming together nicely!

If there's no evidence of it happening in the UFC, then it's just science fiction.

I don't necessarily agree. I can't say for sure that it is happening, but I also can't be certain that it isn't. I just have to go on my experiences with big corporate types doing whatever it takes to game the system and maximize return. Plus the fact that UFC was owned by a literal mob family from the early 2000s until 2016.

i can't wait until the SHW powerslap boys move to WWE and start slapping the shit out of wrestlers on their way to the WWE title

I don't understand what that means and the real life xonsequek of this. Someone can enlighten me ?

The Xonsequek is that fights will be scripted. First of all , All the Powerslap contestants will be lined up in a row, slapping the Fighters on their way to the Octagon.

Now for the scripted content:
Like, Ok O'Malley you gonna win in the third with a Side Check-KIck, you and Sterling will have to figure out what you two will do during Round one and Round two, as long as the Side Check-Kick connects in the Third ok?

Then when O'Malley connects, Sterling falls down and Ref is going to end the match, Lights turn off in the whole Arena for a few seconds (so he can enter the Octagon without being seen), Undertaker suddenly appears behind O'Malley choking him out and taking the Belt! Nobody told O'Malley or Sterling about this!

This will buildup into a future Tag-Team fight with O'Mally and Sterling VS Undertaker and Hornswoggle for the Belt!

Where are the ring girls?

Vince's dye job is fucking shameless<36>

If there's no evidence of it happening in the UFC, then it's just science fiction. It's much more likely (and we have some loose evidence of) fights being manipulated by fighters and trainers, not the UFC itself. And it makes more sense from a logistical standpoint because the stakes are suddenly worth a lot more to those parties.

How would the UFC influence a fight outcome in a nefarious way?

They certainly could. What's embarrassing are the sloped-brows within this forum who believe it actually happens. The UFC doesn't need to influence results, because their business is not contingent upon any particular individual's success.

df9b58b9-68fd-496f-876a-6742f6857a60_text.gif

Back