Sylvester Stallone - Lock Up, Cop Land
Robert Redford - Sneakers
Mel Gibson - The Man Without a Face, The Bounty
Kevin Costner - A Perfect World
Paul Newman - Nobody's Fool
Tom Hanks - The Man with One Red Shoe
Dustin Hoffman - Hero
Al Pacino - Cruising
Robert De Niro - Mad Dog and Glory, Great Expectations, Flawless, Everybody's Fine
Michael J. Fox - Casualties of War
Michael Keaton - My Life, Johnny Dangerously, Gung Ho
Val Kilmer - Top Secret, Felon
Adam Sandler - Spanglish
Jack Nicholson - The Pledge

Last edited:
Tom Cruise - Taps
Mel Gibson - The Man Without a Face
Dustin Hoffman - Hero
Al Pacino - Cruising
Robert De Niro - Mad Dog and Glory, Great Expectations, Flawless, Everybody's Fine
Michael Keaton - My Life, Johnny Dangerously
Adam Sandler - Spanglish

Good list sir.
Always loved Taps

Tom Cruise - Taps
Mel Gibson - The Man Without a Face
Dustin Hoffman - Hero
Al Pacino - Cruising
Michael Keaton - My Life, Johnny Dangerously
Adam Sandler - Spanglish

I’ll add Blood Father and Get the Gringo for Gibson.

A Perfect World, The Pledge, and Cop Land I still have no clue how they aren’t talked about more.

Nobody’s Fool got it’s due in its time but seems largely forgotten since.

Tom Cruise - Taps

I remember channel hopping onto Taps and really enjoying it. I had never heard of it, so I was surprised at what an amazing cast it had where a lot of them were still youngsters.

Tom Cruise
Sean Penn
Timothy Hutton
George C Scott
Looking at imdb I see Giancarlo Esposito was in it too

A Perfect World is another good shout and a really solid Costner film (Although the kid actor is kinda ropey). I first saw it back in the 90's when I was a kid and the ending made me cry like a baby

I feel like another Costner gem that gets slept on is Thirteen Days, which is a political film about the Cuban Missile Crisis. Really great overall movie and Costner is definitely a highlight

Thinking of Thirteen Days led me to The 6th Day, which is a year 2000 Ahnold Sci-fi film that I really enjoyed too. I always considered that a forgotten gem of his

I remember channel hopping onto Taps and really enjoying it. I had never heard of it, so I was surprised at what an amazing cast it had where a lot of them were still youngsters.

Tom Cruise
Sean Penn
Timothy Hutton
George C Scott
Looking at imdb I see Giancarlo Esposito was in it too

A Perfect World is another good shout and a really solid Costner film (Although the kid actor is kinda ropey). I first saw it back in the 90's when I was a kid and the ending made me cry like a baby

I feel like another Costner gem that gets slept on is Thirteen Days, which is a political film about the Cuban Missile Crisis. Really great overall movie and Costner is definitely a highlight

Thinking of Thirteen Days led me to The 6th Day, which is a year 2000 Ahnold Sci-fi film that I really enjoyed too. I always considered that a forgotten gem of his

Thirteen days is gold. Very underrated.

idk if I can get away with claiming Jason Patric and Stephen Baldwin as massive stars, but one of my favourite 80's underrated movies is definitely The Beast of War, where a bunch of American actors larp as a Russian tank crew fighting in the Afghan-Soviet war in their T-55

MV5-BZm-My-NGVh-Mj-Mt-Nz-Vl-Mi00-Zm-Zm-LTg1-Nzgt-MGFk-OTY3-OWQz-OGY3-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-Nz-Ay-MTgz-OTE-V1.jpg

This is one of those films I always try to sneak into my recommendations. It was directed by Kevin Reynolds who would go on to direct the classic Robin Hood Prince of Thieves and Waterworld (I always thought Waterworld was surprisingly decent as well considering the hate it got)

Last edited:
idk if I can get away with claiming Jason Patric and Stephen Baldwin as massive stars, but one of my favourite 80's underrated movies is definitely The Beast of War, where a bunch of American actors larp as a Russian tank crew fighting in the Afghan-Soviet war in their T-55

MV5-BZm-My-NGVh-Mj-Mt-Nz-Vl-Mi00-Zm-Zm-LTg1-Nzgt-MGFk-OTY3-OWQz-OGY3-Xk-Ey-Xk-Fqc-Gde-QXVy-Nz-Ay-MTgz-OTE-V1.jpg

This is one of those films I always try to sneak into my recommendations. It was directed by Kevin Reynolds who would go to direct the classic Robin Hood Prince of Thieves and Waterworld (I always thought Waterworld was surprisingly decent as well considering the hate it got)

Thank you. Never heard of it. Just gotta find it streaming in my country now.

Reactions: Zer
Nicolas Cage - Peggy Sue Got Married, Kiss of Death
Harrison Ford - Working Girl
Tom Selleck - An Innocent Man (back around his Magnum PI days)
Sean Penn - The Assassination of Richard Nixon
Robin Williams - Bicentennial Man
Diane Keaton - Looking for Mr. Goodbar
Mickey Rourke - Johnny Handsome
Patrick Swayze - Youngblood
Brad Pitt - A River Runs Through It
Charles Bronson - The Indian Runner, Chato's Land
Daniel Day Lewis - The Boxer

Jason Patric (Zer approved megastar) - Your Friends and Neighbors

Last edited:
I’ll add Blood Father and Get the Gringo for Gibson.

A Perfect World, The Pledge, and Cop Land I still have no clue how they aren’t talked about more.

Nobody’s Fool got it’s due in its time but seems largely forgotten since.

Tim was also an all right movie from early in Mel's career.

The Pledge should have been up for all kinds of awards from acting to Sean Penn as a director.

Back